Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

uprev idle tuning

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 02:55 PM
hulkout

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Default uprev idle tuning

I decided to take the advice of Kilogram and learn the software. I've spent the last few weeks reading. Just reading. Reading all the manuals UpRev provides over and over. Reading the UpRev dedicated threads on this forum and others in their entirety over and over again. I feel I have turned a corner; and I have been able to greatly improve my drivability and startup (both hot and cold).

I am still struggling with idle. Sometimes it searches and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it dies. I have been using Djamps FANTASTIC tool (everyone on this forum owes him a thank you for sharing this with us). However I've been having a tough time with the idle section. I'm wondering if maybe there's a parameter that I haven't quite tweaked.

I left the injector latencies alone because the UpRev manual said that <750cc should be fine. I am using RC440s that came with my Greddy TT kit.

I haven't changed anything in the Fuel Compensation map yet either.

Any ideas? I can upload logs, Djamps tool results, maps...

I would appreciate a little more help.

Everyone has been helpful on this issue so far. I can't thank you enough for that. Thank you all.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:40 PM
kilogram

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice! I know it seems like a mountain to climb when you first start, but it get so much easier if you practice with it.

The only place I've changed anything on my fuel comp maps are in the idle cells. Just start up the logging/tracing, center the cursor on the cells the engine is idling in and watch the WBo2. Then just plus or minus hotkey until the correction factors get within about 5% or so. At that point it should stop hunting and idle pretty solid.

If it's hunting, you'll usually see the correction factors ramp up or down toward 25%, it'll fuel cut for a split second and start over. Just tune that part in real time using the plus/minus on your laptop and it should smooth out pretty easily. You can probably tune it in the MAF transfer function, but this part is way easier to just do in the tables. It shouldn't take too much adjustment. If it does, adjust your K value to get it closer, then try again.

If you get stuck, feel free to pm me.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:50 PM
hulkout

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

You were absolutely right. And I'm glad I bucked up and gave it another shot. Something finally clicked and it's starting to come together.

Ok. When I get another day off I will work with the fuel comp map.

You basically described exactly what my logs for idle show very clearly. It's showing .78 correction in some places low in maf v. I bet I can get it closer than that with the maf map, and then touch it up in the fuel comp map.

Thanks again for the encouragement. Since you offered I'll pm you directly if (when) I struggle more.

Last edited by hulkout; 10-22-2014 at 07:25 PM.