Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Advice for stable AFR

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 10:56 PM
Euro_Z33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice for stable AFR

Hello Z Community. As the title already says it, i'd like to ask you guys for a helpful advice setting my AFR more stable, on a 2008 Euro 350Z, VQ35HR engine.

I purchased the Osiris Tuner Version and started to tune the car on the street, as i live near Germany i do use often the "autobahn" which means highway without speed restrictions. Ideal for some power pulls. The achievements until now, running with 100 octane premium fuel, is a stable IGN timing at 34-35° pedal to the metal, improved response at higher rpm's, but AFR descending from 12.9 to 12.3 on the way to highest rpm. I think there should be a possibility of taking it to12.8/12.9 all the way. I'm logging it via Cipher - Using Stock AFR Sensors

The mods on the car (engine side) are rather small, just a set of K&N drop in filter and a 5 Zigen Cat Back Pro Racer SP Exhaust.

I tried to work on these essential maps until now: K-Line Fuel Multiplier, Fuel Map, Ignition Timing. Some other maps as well, but that are not influental on the setting ( v-max, etc... )

I have 2 ideas, maybe to alter the MAF Sensor Scale Map or to work on the Fuel Compensation Map. But honestly i don't have a clue how to work on the Fuel Compensation table.. All you see is "Data Byte" numbers and i don't know what the heck this is or how it can affect AFR procedure...

Happy for any kind of advice from people with expierience in that case. I can also share my map, i'm doing this for me, not for business use.

Thanks!

Last edited by Euro_Z33; 11-19-2014 at 11:09 PM.
Old 11-20-2014, 11:09 AM
seymore4
Professional

Received 69 Likes on 57 Posts

Leave the MAF scaling alone. Set the fuel targets to what you want to be running (IE 12.9), then adjust the fuel compensation table until its where you want it. Increasing the number adds fuel, decreasing the number removes fuel.
Old 11-22-2014, 07:23 PM
Awgd8

Originally Posted by Euro_Z33
Hello Z Community. As the title already says it, i'd like to ask you guys for a helpful advice setting my AFR more stable, on a 2008 Euro 350Z, VQ35HR engine.

I purchased the Osiris Tuner Version and started to tune the car on the street, as i live near Germany i do use often the "autobahn" which means highway without speed restrictions. Ideal for some power pulls. The achievements until now, running with 100 octane premium fuel, is a stable IGN timing at 34-35° pedal to the metal, improved response at higher rpm's, but AFR descending from 12.9 to 12.3 on the way to highest rpm. I think there should be a possibility of taking it to12.8/12.9 all the way. I'm logging it via Cipher - Using Stock AFR Sensors

The mods on the car (engine side) are rather small, just a set of K&N drop in filter and a 5 Zigen Cat Back Pro Racer SP Exhaust.

I tried to work on these essential maps until now: K-Line Fuel Multiplier, Fuel Map, Ignition Timing. Some other maps as well, but that are not influental on the setting ( v-max, etc... )

I have 2 ideas, maybe to alter the MAF Sensor Scale Map or to work on the Fuel Compensation Map. But honestly i don't have a clue how to work on the Fuel Compensation table.. All you see is "Data Byte" numbers and i don't know what the heck this is or how it can affect AFR procedure...

Happy for any kind of advice from people with expierience in that case. I can also share my map, i'm doing this for me, not for business use.

Thanks!
The "DATA BYTE" is the Base Fuel Schedule. Open up your torque management table and it should be the same format with the Base Fuel Schedule and the corresponding RPM.
Old 11-23-2014, 10:41 PM
Euro_Z33

Smile

Ok, think i get what you're trying to explain. Thank you for the advices. I'll give it a try when the weather is letting me do it..