Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Weird ignition problem with Uprev.

Old 08-20-2015, 02:47 AM
kpturbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird ignition problem with Uprev.

Hello guys. I have weird problem with my timing that I cant figure out.

Long story short. I have VQ35DE 04 mod with vortech and im running with the Uprev Tuner.
I have almost dialed in the fuel now but my main problem is timing. I know should do this on a dyno but my main timing table is very safe and im using Knock listen Device so I know that do not have a knock problem.
When I do a pull on the street in any gear and get around 4000rpm the timing suddenly starts to drop ALOT. I am at 10degrees BTDC just before 4000rpm but by the time I get to 4600rpm the timing is down to -4 ATDC and the engine will not rev any more ofcource.
I have done several loggs and everything looks ok exept the timing that hit the floor at 4500rpm.
I have looked at the main timing and the Knock timing table but it all looks good there to.
Is there anything or anywhere in the Uprev software that could influence this drop of timing??

Last edited by kpturbo; 08-20-2015 at 02:48 AM.
Old 08-24-2015, 01:20 AM
wannabuy350z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

torque tables adjusted?
Old 08-24-2015, 05:06 AM
tcode

Received 61 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by kpturbo
Hello guys. I have weird problem with my timing that I cant figure out.

Long story short. I have VQ35DE 04 mod with vortech and im running with the Uprev Tuner.
I have almost dialed in the fuel now but my main problem is timing. I know should do this on a dyno but my main timing table is very safe and im using Knock listen Device so I know that do not have a knock problem.
When I do a pull on the street in any gear and get around 4000rpm the timing suddenly starts to drop ALOT. I am at 10degrees BTDC just before 4000rpm but by the time I get to 4600rpm the timing is down to -4 ATDC and the engine will not rev any more ofcource.
I have done several loggs and everything looks ok exept the timing that hit the floor at 4500rpm.
I have looked at the main timing and the Knock timing table but it all looks good there to.
Is there anything or anywhere in the Uprev software that could influence this drop of timing??
You should read UpRev manual. Figures in ignition table are NOT in degrees!
Old 08-25-2015, 01:22 AM
kpturbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its not the torque table since its never been messed with or not a problem with the time table.
Forgot to say that the problem just came out of nowhere. I have been driving for weeks with no issus at all.
But I may have figured it out. My knock sensor is dead and im not sure how the uprev thinks of that. I dont have any fault code on the knock sensor even if it dead but that could be the uprev just ignores it.
Im waiting on new sensor so Ill try to change it and see how it goes.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:07 AM
jdm-v35

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Could also be going into the high det table if uprev senses knock.