Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Engine won't start on Haltech

Old 03-21-2017, 02:33 AM
tcode

Received 61 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Engine won't start on Haltech

Friends car, 350Z MT MY2005 Coupe with fully built motor, Greedy 18g twin turbo kit, stock CD700 ECU tuned with Uprev, 530whp, everything was fine for two years.

Now, he wanted to step up and bought Haltech Pro Plugin. Long story short, engine won't start with Haltech Ecu. Reverting back to stock Ecu and engine will start in a fraction of a second. This is my 3rd Haltech install on 350z (one is mine) so I'm pretty confident what to do and how it should be setup to work.

So far I've tried and swapped from my car: crankshaft sensor, both camshaft sensors, injectors, Haltech ecu. His Haltech ecu starts fine engine in my car.

On his car Haltech reads properly coolant sensor and rpm's, but it simply won't start.
Here's a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Iv0...ature=youtu.be

Old 03-21-2017, 07:39 AM
TT03Z

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

In the diagnostic page of the Haltech can you watch the crank and cam sensor voltage? I think you can. If you dont have cam or crank sensor voltage to the Haltech in his car its not going to start. I would check that sounds like you might have a wiring issue if it starts installed in a different car. I would also check all of the grounds especially the EMS ground. Also did you do the throttle calibration and can you connect to the Haltech in his car with your laptop? I'm no expert with the Haltech software but diagnostics I am an expert in. It sounds like a trigger issue which is cam/crank signal. I recently installed the Haltech into my Z33. I went through the quick start procedure. My car started but wouldn't Idle. The base map I had loaded was pulling full injector at vacuum and 0 psi and loosing injector with higher rpm and boost with the internal map sensor. I had to basically reverse the fuel map for idle and the car runs better now.
Old 03-31-2017, 12:56 PM
tcode

Received 61 Likes on 37 Posts

Everything was correct, except fouled spark plugs. With a new set it starts as it should. Only mystery here is why it started on OEM ECU even on fouled spark plugs.

Search this Thread