Notices
VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

Make an Official Complaint to the NHTSA 07 CLUTCH ISSUE

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 06:50 PM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,446 Likes on 1,768 Posts

So far what it's looking like is a combo of getting the new slave and removing the restrictor, and at the same time replacing clutch/flywheel due to whatever damage had been done.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:52 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

And I assume this affects just a small percentage of VQ35HRs right? Or else they'd clearly have a recall on their hands
Old 11-26-2007, 06:58 PM
bboypuertoroc

Seems like a lot have been popping up on the forum, but I doubt all HR owners frequent any Z boards. I think it's bigger than we realize, but still not big enough for Nissan to recognize the problem (or, from what it really looks like, is they believe it's driver error). I'd bet there's at least 1 HR per dealership that have had to come in to get this done. Has anyone asked any of the dealers on here what they think/how many fixes they've had to do?
Old 11-27-2007, 11:00 AM
invazn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7
And I assume this affects just a small percentage of VQ35HRs right? Or else they'd clearly have a recall on their hands
from what ive read, it happens mostly to people that take it to the track. it only happens to me whenever i try to launch.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:45 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Originally Posted by invazn
from what ive read, it happens mostly to people that take it to the track. it only happens to me whenever i try to launch.
Not true, I've read many incidents that happened on city streets.

Loss of clutch pressure usually only happens if the fluid boils, which shouldn't happen with new fluid on a new car under normal conditions.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:07 PM
OliverH22

3,000 miles on mine
Just did the Oil Change yesterday.

Compared to my H22 'Lude, I hate how the Clutch / Shifting experience feels on the Z, I dont know if all are like this, but sometimes it is smooth and sometimes notchy, and very notchy at times... I am still very self-conscious trying to learn why sometimes it is smooth and sometimes notchy.

Anyways, I have not been experiencing any loss of pressure on the pedal, the only thing is that the grab point is really high but I think that is normal.

Well, to the day I can count in my fingers how many times I drove it hard and only taken it once to redline. I just filled up the tank, I will be driving it pretty hard now to see if it will hold.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:12 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Added this thread to the top 100 questions thread (scroll to the end)
https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/197329-the-top-100-common-questions.html
Old 11-30-2007, 10:19 AM
Mansmind

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7
Not true, I've read many incidents that happened on city streets.

Loss of clutch pressure usually only happens if the fluid boils, which shouldn't happen with new fluid on a new car under normal conditions.
Correct. I rarely drag/launch my car and I rarely had the problem "in the twisties".

It's not a boiling issue either, the hydraulic system loses pressure somewhere (I suspect the slave). You could pump it to get the pressure back up and it would bleed off again 5 min. later. All of this was regardless of operating temp.. it could have been when you first got in the car in the morning.

I haven't had my pedal stick since I got it fixed the first time, but it isn't right either. I get clutch slippage from time to time..like during the 2-3 shift... it just shouldn't do that.
Old 12-02-2007, 06:17 PM
TheGest

Mine just dropped yesterday, while trying to launch 10,000 miles,

good thing is it popped back up
Old 12-02-2007, 06:23 PM
bboypuertoroc

Are you gonna write a complaint?
Old 12-02-2007, 06:45 PM
TheGest

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
Are you gonna write a complaint?
was one of the first
Old 12-02-2007, 06:51 PM
bboypuertoroc

I know... you should make another. The more, the merrier.
Old 12-06-2007, 03:30 PM
evil_tt
Banned

NNNOO!! Not sure If I am getting the disease so I need advise. I have only 13K on my car now. Lately when I am at a complete stop and start to accelerate, I will start to release the clutch while accelerating as usual but the car starts to shake and it feels like the clutch is slipping but isnt really(or at least I think). It just kinda feels like the Tranny/ and or clutch is shaking while the clutch engages but only occational upon a stop and go. Any advise?

Im just pissed cause I know when Im going to go to the dealership it probably wont repeat the problem and they wont look at it.
Old 12-06-2007, 03:58 PM
quidproquo
Need a Tune!!!

Symptom:
Clutch Slippage
Clutch chatters when engaging

Possible diagnosis:
Friction surface on the flywheel or pressure plate is glazed from heat

Likely solution:
Resurfacing or replacement of clutch assembly
Old 12-06-2007, 04:31 PM
tourinz

filed
Old 12-06-2007, 04:33 PM
tourinz

I'm having a lot of the chatter.... I removed the driveshaft (which was vibrating violently) and the problem persists. I believe is coming from the output shaft of the transmission.... I'll keep u guys updated
Old 12-06-2007, 04:34 PM
bboypuertoroc

Originally Posted by evil_tt
NNNOO!! Not sure If I am getting the disease so I need advise. I have only 13K on my car now. Lately when I am at a complete stop and start to accelerate, I will start to release the clutch while accelerating as usual but the car starts to shake and it feels like the clutch is slipping but isnt really(or at least I think). It just kinda feels like the Tranny/ and or clutch is shaking while the clutch engages but only occational upon a stop and go. Any advise?

Im just pissed cause I know when Im going to go to the dealership it probably wont repeat the problem and they wont look at it.
If you want to check if your clutch is slipping for real, drive at a slow speed (like 30mph) and put the car in 6th. Floor the gas. What SHOULD happen is the slowest acceleration you've ever experienced. What shouldn't happen is your RPMs rising and banging off the rev limiter with you going nowhere.

When I had my Z the clutch chattered from day one. Every Z I've been in also had chatter.

You should be fine (as long as it doesn't actually slip or stick to the ground).
Old 12-06-2007, 04:36 PM
tourinz

Seems like a lot have been popping up on the forum, but I doubt all HR owners frequent any Z boards. I think it's bigger than we realize, but still not big enough for Nissan to recognize the problem (or, from what it really looks like, is they believe it's driver error). I'd bet there's at least 1 HR per dealership that have had to come in to get this done. Has anyone asked any of the dealers on here what they think/how many fixes they've had to do?
I've replaced 2 slave cilinders (which solved the problem) on of my customers is back w/ the same issue 10kmiles later...
Old 12-06-2007, 04:39 PM
tourinz

If you want to check if your clutch is slipping for real, drive at a slow speed (like 30mph) and put the car in 6th. Floor the gas. What SHOULD happen is the slowest acceleration you've ever experienced. What shouldn't happen is your RPMs rising and banging off the rev limiter with you going nowhere.

When I had my Z the clutch chattered from day one. Every Z I've been in also had chatter.

You should be fine (as long as it doesn't actually slip or stick to the ground).

Bboy, I know what they mean by chatter... 03-06 Z's will chatter at iddle.... what he means is the 07 is making a clunking noise in 1st and 2nd.... crazy loud.... i'm trying to figure this out
Old 12-06-2007, 04:55 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Originally Posted by evil_tt

try launching at a higher rpm, your clutch is slipping/grabbing/slipping/grabbing.

higher RPM will let it slip until its ready to grab.

alternatively you can launch at the same rpm just take it slower.

Quick Reply: Make an Official Complaint to the NHTSA 07 CLUTCH ISSUE