Notices
VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

Make an Official Complaint to the NHTSA 07 CLUTCH ISSUE

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 06:02 PM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,446 Likes on 1,768 Posts

Originally Posted by tourinz
I've replaced 2 slave cilinders (which solved the problem) on of my customers is back w/ the same issue 10kmiles later...
I believe the restrictor needs to be removed also. from what (insert name here, can't remember who had it done) said, the fluid around the restictor was caked or somehow backed up.
Old 12-06-2007, 06:04 PM
bboypuertoroc

Originally Posted by tourinz
Bboy, I know what they mean by chatter... 03-06 Z's will chatter at iddle.... what he means is the 07 is making a clunking noise in 1st and 2nd.... crazy loud.... i'm trying to figure this out
Doesn't that just suck. How much torque is used on the clutch cover and flywheel? Sounds like not enough.

Last edited by bboypuertoroc; 12-06-2007 at 06:07 PM.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:37 PM
evil_tt
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, thanks for all the info guys. I appreciate it.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:42 PM
bboypuertoroc

Originally Posted by evil_tt
Wow, thanks for all the info guys. I appreciate it.

See, I'm not a dick all the time.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:23 AM
TheGest

Originally Posted by evil_tt
NNNOO!! Not sure If I am getting the disease so I need advise. I have only 13K on my car now. Lately when I am at a complete stop and start to accelerate, I will start to release the clutch while accelerating as usual but the car starts to shake and it feels like the clutch is slipping but isnt really(or at least I think). It just kinda feels like the Tranny/ and or clutch is shaking while the clutch engages but only occational upon a stop and go. Any advise?

Im just pissed cause I know when Im going to go to the dealership it probably wont repeat the problem and they wont look at it.

I had the same thing happen to me
Old 12-12-2007, 09:36 AM
ronie

Complaint Filed...this Noise Coming From My Clutch At 1-2nd Gear Cant Be Normal Its Frekin Embarassing...and I Sometimes Notice The Clutch Starts To Lose Pressure As Well...it Sounds Like The Manufacturer Left A Bag Of Screws In The Clutch Assembly, Or Somewhere In There...
Old 12-15-2007, 01:17 PM
TheGest

Hey guys, im posting from my cousins account right now, he got into a serious accident, totaled the Z and broke his 2nd and 4th vertebrates in his neck. He and I think this happened because of this clutch issue, if you guys have any information about similar incidents like this due to the issue or if you know a lawyer that specializes in car manufacturer lawsuits please let me know. And be careful driving your rides. Thanks.
Old 12-15-2007, 01:49 PM
rkemp1

Originally Posted by TheGest
Hey guys, im posting from my cousins account right now, he got into a serious accident, totaled the Z and broke his 2nd and 4th vertebrates in his neck. He and I think this happened because of this clutch issue, if you guys have any information about similar incidents like this due to the issue or if you know a lawyer that specializes in car manufacturer lawsuits please let me know. And be careful driving your rides. Thanks.
WTF! are you serious!? If thats the case you guys could have a major lawsuit on your hands if you can link the accident to the clutch problem. A few people already voiced their concerns for this as a safety issue and this pretty much confirms it! Hope everything works out with your cousin man... Keep us posted!
Old 12-15-2007, 04:48 PM
invazn

my clutch stuck again when i was pulling out of my apartment into traffic. im going to bring it in soon.
Old 12-15-2007, 07:18 PM
TheGest

Originally Posted by rkemp1
WTF! are you serious!? If thats the case you guys could have a major lawsuit on your hands if you can link the accident to the clutch problem. A few people already voiced their concerns for this as a safety issue and this pretty much confirms it! Hope everything works out with your cousin man... Keep us posted!

Thanks bro I appreciate it, basically hes temporally paralyzed right now, but little by little hes making progress, the doc said he'll be able to walk again it'll just take some time.

Yeah this can defiantly be a big lawsuit the only problem is that its a hard thing to prove, but if anybody wants to join up and get in on the lawsuit you are welcome. This is kind of just thinking out loud for now but we'll see what happens.

I'll definatly keep you guys posted.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:52 AM
quidproquo
Need a Tune!!!

Originally Posted by TheGest

OMG!!! Please tell your cousin we are all praying for his complete recovery!!!

I knew something like this was going to happen to some unfortunate soul eventually!!! Please make sure that your attorney (or your cousin) contacts the media... The best thing he can do (beside rest and get better) is to alert everyone that Nissan has been negligent in their recall for this issue!!!

Also contact the California Attorney General... Several years ago NJ's Attorney General brought suit against Nissan for negligence regarding their HID headlight assembly and their ease to steal on the Maxima, and the attention forced Nissan to perform a recall to fix the inadequate assembly!!!

Please keep us updated on your cousin's recovery!!
Old 12-16-2007, 05:10 PM
tourinz

NOticed a HUGE diference, just by changing clutch fluid to motul......
Old 12-16-2007, 09:56 PM
TheGest

Originally Posted by quidproquo
OMG!!! Please tell your cousin we are all praying for his complete recovery!!!

I knew something like this was going to happen to some unfortunate soul eventually!!! Please make sure that your attorney (or your cousin) contacts the media... The best thing he can do (beside rest and get better) is to alert everyone that Nissan has been negligent in their recall for this issue!!!

Also contact the California Attorney General... Several years ago NJ's Attorney General brought suit against Nissan for negligence regarding their HID headlight assembly and their ease to steal on the Maxima, and the attention forced Nissan to perform a recall to fix the inadequate assembly!!!

Please keep us updated on your cousin's recovery!!
Thank you man, will do. Im going to go see him tommorow.

Ya its really ****in unsafe, I used to have an A4 and the clutch would always drop on it also so I can def see how this can cause on accident, esp with all the tq of the Z.

But ya im going to talk to some Attorneys and see if he has a case. Thanks for the support.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:24 AM
Skorch

Wow! That really sucks. I hope he'll have a fast and full recovery. Although I got my clutch issue early on and fixed it right away, I'm still very skeptical when it comes to my clutch. I bet you could make a class action lawsuit out of this incident. Please keep us posted on your cousin's recovery.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:37 PM
TheGest

Thanks for all your support guys, I def appreciate it and so does my cousin. As far as updates, he is slowly regaining control of his body, he can move his left leg significantly better than he could a week ago and his arms are moving well now also, he got his rotation back in his wrists recently as well. However his right leg and his hands/fingers aren't moving yet, but I think its just a matter of time until the start. He is being transfered from the hospital to a really good rehab center in a few days and I think thats when we'll start seeing some quicker progress.

Again thanks for all your support. Ill keep you guys posted.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:52 PM
invazn

i dropped off my car at my dealer today for the clutch problem and a rattle i was getting. they seemed very eager to help and even offered to put me in a rental. they dont seem to fit the normal "stealership" quota. hopefully im not speaking too soon.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:22 AM
Specv_USMC

Sry about your cousin man. I got stuck in traffic going up a bridge today... well lets just say thank God for my ebrake. No clutch pedal equals back wards rolling... filling report today.... its a shame, I waited 3years to get this car, and my specv is back to being my reliable car!

Mike
Old 12-20-2007, 12:31 PM
bboypuertoroc

Holy ****... sorry to hear.
Old 12-22-2007, 05:45 PM
aloh

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

oh man...that is not good at all. NNA has to get their act together.

Best of luck to your cousin!
Old 12-22-2007, 10:30 PM
xNeo

Damn I'm sorry to hear about your cousin, my prayers go out to go guys for a speedy recovery. This clutch issue needs to be resolved at a higher level, it was fixed for me because I didn't stop complaining, should get to that point!

Quick Reply: Make an Official Complaint to the NHTSA 07 CLUTCH ISSUE