Notices
VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

Make an Official Complaint to the NHTSA 07 CLUTCH ISSUE

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 11:08 PM
06CPV35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW!! So sorry to hear what happened. My thoughts go out to your cousin for a 100% recovery.

Here's a government agency that initiates recalls against safety defects found on vehicles. They'll be very interested in what happened if you file a complaint.
In the filing process, they ask if there was an accident involved in this safety defect.
With that fact disclosed, it should definitely get their attention quickly.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/
Old 12-23-2007, 06:32 AM
quidproquo
Need a Tune!!!

Originally Posted by 06CPV35
WOW!! Here's a government agency that initiates recalls against safety defects found on vehicles. They'll be very interested in what happened if you file a complaint.
In the filing process, they ask if there was an accident involved in this safety defect.
With that fact disclosed, it should definitely get their attention quickly.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/
This was the reason this sticky got started. The link you provided is addressed in the 1st post of this thread.

Here's a link to Aboutautomobile.com:

http://www.aboutautomobile.com/Compl...07/NISSAN/350Z

It seems to feed directly from the NHTSA site. You can't enter complaints at this site, but it allows you to view complaints, TSBs and invetigations in a more user friendly manner than the NHTSA site.

Notice all the complaints posted thus far (most originating from this forum I'm sure). Keep the link handy... Perhaps some day we'll see the clutch issue in the "investigations" section!!!
Old 12-23-2007, 07:02 AM
06CPV35

^ Oops...yeah. Feel dumb not noticing the title and I admit not reading all the pages of posts

Was just trying to help. Thanx for the additional link.
Old 12-24-2007, 09:08 PM
mikez97

mine stuck right around 10k miles
dealer gave me no problems with the warranty fix
Old 12-25-2007, 02:37 AM
invazn

Originally Posted by mikez97
mine stuck right around 10k miles
dealer gave me no problems with the warranty fix
did they give you a new clutch? mine is telling me the clutch wasnt harmed.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:39 PM
Flar13
Schnitzengiggle

I entered the complaint. Only had one problem so far but I wanted to help the cause
Old 12-29-2007, 02:13 PM
TheGest

Hey guys I have good news, my cuz moved his right leg yesterday for the first time since the accident (about 3 weeks) so this is a great sign now that this happened I think he'll be walking soon. Also I can't wait to see some recovory in his fingers. Thanks for all of your prayers and support guys.
Old 12-30-2007, 04:01 PM
xNeo

Originally Posted by TheGest
Hey guys I have good news, my cuz moved his right leg yesterday for the first time since the accident (about 3 weeks) so this is a great sign now that this happened I think he'll be walking soon. Also I can't wait to see some recovory in his fingers. Thanks for all of your prayers and support guys.
Man that's great news, my prayers are still with you guys...
Old 01-04-2008, 05:28 PM
Flar13
Schnitzengiggle

That is GREAT to hear. We will put you in our prayers.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:03 PM
Pat Bateman

A couple days ago, I recieved notification from Nissan North America about this issue. I'll scan it and post it here if there is interest.

But heres the short of the letter:

"Dear Nissan 350Z owner:

Nissan is committed to providing the highest levels of product quality and customer satisfaction. With that in mind, we want to bring to your attention important information regarding the clutch hydraulic system in your 2007 350Z.

Nissan has discovered that on certain 2007 350Z vehicles equipped with the 6 speed manual trans, the clutch slave clylinder assembly may not have been manufactured properly. This could result in the operating force of the clutch pedal becoming light, and in some cases, could result in improper clutch operation.

To assure your continued satisfaction in your 350Z, your Nissan dealer can replace the clutch slave cylinder assembly with a new improved part free of charge for parts or labor...."

Anyone else receive this letter?

Last edited by Pat Bateman; 01-19-2008 at 04:06 PM.
Old 01-20-2008, 05:20 AM
quidproquo
Need a Tune!!!

Originally Posted by Pat Bateman
A couple days ago, I recieved notification from Nissan North America about this issue. I'll scan it and post it here if there is interest.

But heres the short of the letter:

"Dear Nissan 350Z owner:

Nissan is committed to providing the highest levels of product quality and customer satisfaction. With that in mind, we want to bring to your attention important information regarding the clutch hydraulic system in your 2007 350Z.

Nissan has discovered that on certain 2007 350Z vehicles equipped with the 6 speed manual trans, the clutch slave clylinder assembly may not have been manufactured properly. This could result in the operating force of the clutch pedal becoming light, and in some cases, could result in improper clutch operation.

To assure your continued satisfaction in your 350Z, your Nissan dealer can replace the clutch slave cylinder assembly with a new improved part free of charge for parts or labor...."

Anyone else receive this letter?

https://my350z.com/forum/vq35hr/328151-recall-on-slave-cylinder.html
Old 04-15-2008, 06:31 PM
Nizmo0395

I have noticed that my car would stick to floor,clutch peddle for a second or 2.happens when i drive car hard(having fun like the car was built for)!!!!!took to dealer and they told me that i had to ok tear down(pay for it).this was with 2500 mi,i said hell no i'm not paying for a problem with there hydralic clutch system.Nissan consumer affairs is checking into the problem,i told nissan about the campaign #p7252 about clutch problem,and that it stops 138 from my vin#.obviusley they have not fixed the problem.i have a 07 350z nismo#395.waiting 2 weeks for nissan to tell me if they are going to fix my car or not.NHTSA COMPLAINT # 10224648. IF I KNOW THAT THIS CAR HAD A HYDRAULIC CLUTCH SYSTEM I WOULD HAVE NOT PURCHASED THE CAR!!!!!!!!!
GIVE ME A CABLE SYSTEM AT LEAST YOU CAN ADJUST IT AND IT'S CHEAPER!!
Old 05-07-2008, 02:26 PM
Son of Mad Dog

very very very very few cars have cables anymore

hell a lot of cars had hydraulic starting from the 80's
Old 05-10-2008, 01:38 PM
yamahaki

I've had my nismo since oct.2007. the only issue I've had is a clunking noise when starting out in 1st gear, also plenty of noise in neutral at idle. my dealer checked it and said it was normal. since this doesn't effect its performance, and repeated track days don't affect it I'm considering it good.
I should note also that the tranny took about 6k miles to break in.
Old 05-10-2008, 03:51 PM
Pat Bateman

Originally Posted by yamahaki
I've had my nismo since oct.2007. the only issue I've had is a clunking noise when starting out in 1st gear, also plenty of noise in neutral at idle. my dealer checked it and said it was normal. since this doesn't effect its performance, and repeated track days don't affect it I'm considering it good.
I should note also that the tranny took about 6k miles to break in.

How do you know when a trans is broken in?
Old 06-05-2008, 03:14 PM
robertinmesa

i feel quite fortunate. I also felt a loss of pressure in my clutch. took it in to the dealer. They were able to duplicate the problem(lucky me) and fixed it. even gave me a loaner car for the duration.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:45 PM
malcolms

I have took my car, they tell me Nissan 1800nissan1 and my dealer that there is no recall. and i having same freaking issue. do i have to drive to another freaking state! to get service...lol
Old 10-21-2008, 06:51 PM
Roberto

I just submitted my complaint as well.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:06 PM
T-dizee

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by quidproquo
I found this rant on my3cents.com (a consumer complaint forum). Was this poted by anyone on this forum? I'm curious what happened to your case after contacting the BBB and GA Conumer Affairs Dept....
dont mean to change or get off topic! I feel your pain real quick! im goin on 92 days with a 06 oil consumption recall for a whole new long block.... dealer messed up submitting it to warranty, and now they dont know what to do, and consumer affairs at nissan are dragging and dragging it as long as they can. telling me they will repurchase the car, but they are going by policy! which is bull^*^*! For over 3 months!!! I contacted the BBB too. I havent heard a word from them. Three car payments for a car the kills over 3 quarts of oil in 500 miles.

sorry i didnt mean to take you guys off topic, just feel all of your pain!!! if you guys just keep on them, it will happen. its the law for alot of it!! they are lemon lawing mine cause here in AZ its fixed 3 times in thirty days or not one attempt in 30 days and they have to buy it back, or replace it with the exact model.

Last edited by T-dizee; 10-31-2008 at 06:31 PM.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:20 PM
black ghost Alt

just to clear the idea, do all the vq35hr engines has this problem ? is it a common problem for all the cars or you ppl have bad lucks with cars?

thx

Quick Reply: Make an Official Complaint to the NHTSA 07 CLUTCH ISSUE