Notices
VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

Make an Official Complaint to the NHTSA 07 CLUTCH ISSUE

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 01:55 PM
TheGest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Make an Official Complaint to the NHTSA 07 CLUTCH ISSUE

I know this is a repost (cause I posted it myself), you guys with clutch problems need to enter a complaint with the NHTSA's Office of Safety Investigation:

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

If we ever expect to get a national recall on this issue, the NHTSA needs to pressure Nissan to do it. Currently there is only one mention of this issue in their database, and I lost count of how many have complained about it on this forum alone. Please enter a complain, lets inform the authorities that there is a safety issue here. I'd hate to have one of the owners get hurt or killed because they got stuck on a highway at night with a car they cannot drive.

Thanks to quidproquo. This was his original post
Old 11-19-2007, 02:07 PM
aloh

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

+1. MT owners should make the problem officially noticable to NNA so they cant claim it to be a "random occurance." I wonder if the 08's will be having this issue too.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:03 PM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,446 Likes on 1,768 Posts

Good post. Mods, definitely make this a sticky. This can save a lot of headaches.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:51 PM
rkemp1

+1 We definitely should make this as known as possible to the powers that be.
The more that this is known the better the results that we should get when something goes wrong.

My complaint was submitted today.

Last edited by rkemp1; 11-19-2007 at 06:00 PM.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:21 AM
6894kevin

I tried to submit one too, but it said my VIN was not accepted?? I'll try again later.

+1 on this should be known and Nissan Should fix this for all the z's
Old 11-20-2007, 10:59 AM
TheGest

Good 4 official complaints
Old 11-20-2007, 11:21 AM
quidproquo
Need a Tune!!!

Hey thanks Gest for posting this thread with the link I provided!!!

Hopefully the my350Z staff/moderators will sticky this on the HR forum for all the people with this issue to use to communicate their experiences and findings. It's difficult to keep up with the latest updates when people keep opening new threads on this issue.

If I'm not mistaken the "oil consumption" sticky thread for the 2006 owners helped them find news and updates when they became available.

Last edited by quidproquo; 11-20-2007 at 11:42 AM.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:33 AM
invazn

i just called my dealer's service department. someone on here said there is an update for the slave, but they said there has been no bulletin about 07 transmissions/clutches. they seemed pretty eager to figure out what is wrong though, i hope they are equally enthusiastic when i actually bring it there.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:40 PM
joselito76

submit
Old 11-21-2007, 01:39 PM
rkemp1

Originally Posted by 6894kevin
I tried to submit one too, but it said my VIN was not accepted?? I'll try again later.

+1 on this should be known and Nissan Should fix this for all the z's
You dont even have to put a VIN to get the complaint accepted. I personally would recommend skipping that part anyway since the clutch problem is apparently in all trim levels. So all you really need to put is the year make and model info. The VIN number would be more helpful if this was affecting a particular trim level (ie base, enthusiast, nismo). Hope this helps.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:48 PM
D'sNuts

The first time my clutch went out I was sitting in an intersection..... The second time, yes i say second, i was on the highway and was able to coast up the off ramp and into a parking lot... no good
Old 11-21-2007, 05:09 PM
quidproquo
Need a Tune!!!

Originally Posted by D'sNuts
The first time my clutch went out I was sitting in an intersection..... The second time, yes i say second, i was on the highway and was able to coast up the off ramp and into a parking lot... no good
You're not the first to have multiple incidents with this issue (and probably not the last)... I hope you decided to file a complaint with NHTSA above...
Old 11-21-2007, 05:56 PM
rkemp1

Originally Posted by quidproquo
I hope you decided to file a complaint with NHTSA above...
+1 we definitely need more than 4 complaints for this to be noticed.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:01 PM
bboypuertoroc

Bump.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:07 PM
invazn

tried to submit it, but there was an error.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:43 PM
quidproquo
Need a Tune!!!

I found this rant on my3cents.com (a consumer complaint forum). Was this poted by anyone on this forum? I'm curious what happened to your case after contacting the BBB and GA Conumer Affairs Dept....

Nobody wants a lemon even nissan
6/5/2007 Valdosta GA

I purchased a 2007 nissan 350Z in March. I was very impressed with the car for the first 1,000 miles especially since I traded my 04 350Z for this one. I have always been a big nissan fan and have purchased three cars from them to show my loyalty. This is no more!!!! I started having problems with the clutch pedal 2 weeks after I got the car. The pedal started losing pressure one morning and by the end of the day almost all pressure was gone and the ability to put the car in gear diminished. I made it to Griner nissan in Valdosta GA, where they attempted to bleed the clutch system which was not working so they ordered a master cylinder and replaced it which took 6 days. I got the car back and everything seemed fine until I drove home from work the next day and found myself coasting into the garage at 2 in the morning because the pedal pressure went out again. This time nissan tells me "well if it is not the master cylinder it must me the slave cylinder" which was re-designed in 06 as an internal slave within the transmission.(smart move nissan). The part was back-ordered and they did not know when the part would be in. After 2 weeks of waiting for this part I called nissan consumer affairs which I might add is completely worthless. I talked to several people on the phone and they were complete robots with no intelligence. It takes some sort of skill to handle angry consumers. The Regional manager finally called me a week later because he was out sick and no one bothered to handle his cases. He said they would do what they could to get a part for my vehicle and also they would compensate me for the time it was down. Nissan said they would give me 2 months payments or buy my car back. Well May 18th I got my car back and if you remember I bought it brand new on march 22nd. I drove it for a weekend exited about having it back well that was short lived. It broke again...same thing I took the car back to nissan called headquarters and asked them to buy it back. I get a call a week and a half later and nissan tells me they will not repurchase the vehicle or compensate me in any way. So I filed with the BBB and also with the GA Governors office for consumer affairs and I am also debating a civil suit against nissan for the time I have been without a car and the amount of stress this car has caused. I will never purchase a nissan product again with the chance nissan might actually have to stand behind their product. The car was driven 16 days total and I have been 62 days and counting without. If car dealers are going to over charge you for vehicles they should at least stand by them. When I asked the dealer to make good on the product he sold me he said he would loose money if he helped me out. That is a shame we would not want them to loose money to keep a customer. The next time I am in IRAQ serving this country I will pray for all of you back in the US getting robbed by corporations on a daily basis.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:57 PM
bboypuertoroc

^ Ouch.
Old 11-22-2007, 05:47 AM
VeeTec

Wow.

Nissan, WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-22-2007, 06:19 AM
VeeTec

Complaint filed.

Mods please sticky.

Last edited by VeeTec; 11-22-2007 at 06:22 AM.
Old 11-22-2007, 02:26 PM
bboypuertoroc

Bump.

Quick Reply: Make an Official Complaint to the NHTSA 07 CLUTCH ISSUE