Redline06's HR build/log/journal, whatever you wanna call it

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 07:47 PM
redline06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nabush
Hi,

Did you removed your 4.08 FD ?

On your latest youtube vids i see speeds which are obtained with stock diff...

If yes why ?

thx

oh yeah I broke my 4.08s hah I think I have pics of it up in my first post. Loving the stock gear more believe it or not.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:49 PM
redline06

Originally Posted by dkmura
Gotta ask- have you tried test fitting the HR yet? If not, you'll probably notice the starter is on the opposite side from the DE. This means the steering rack won't allow the engine to fit properly. Easiest solution is purchase a steering rack from a HR-equipped Z and refit it.

Also, does Florida have emission testing? If so, the next biggest task is to review the wiring schematics on the main harness to adapt it to the HR. It'll be extremely difficult to eliminate all CELs as the HR-ECM hunts for connections that don't exist.
Im not switching from DE to HR, my car came with an HR. But good suggestion for those swapping DE to HR though.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:18 PM
Nabush

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

And one question : your 8150 rpm limit is with stock internals ??? What kind of tune is it ? Uprev ?

Do you see a way to put cats with PPE long tube headers to pass the emission tests ???

Since it seems is a pain in the a** to install it, to remove it to pass emission test would be a nightmare...
Old 04-18-2014, 12:53 PM
redline06

Stock internals, uprev tuned.
A good way around emissions would be to run the Motordyne Y-pipe and choose the Catalytic converter attachment, I personally run the resonator attachment but in your case I'd get both since theyre so easy to swap out.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:31 AM
Vantage_Works

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get to Work on this thing would you haha
Old 04-25-2014, 01:24 PM
Nabush

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by redline06
Stock internals, uprev tuned.
A good way around emissions would be to run the Motordyne Y-pipe and choose the Catalytic converter attachment, I personally run the resonator attachment but in your case I'd get both since theyre so easy to swap out.
Damn, i have to find a way to use Uprev in france... When i did my remap, they left the stock limiter...
But i think the main interest of theses 8150 rpm is with PPE long tube...otherwise loss of hp no ?

The problem of motordyne product is that it seems it's quite difficult to buy them for me in France...
Old 04-26-2014, 12:57 AM
Wietse350Z

Originally Posted by Nabush
Damn, i have to find a way to use Uprev in france... When i did my remap, they left the stock limiter...
But i think the main interest of theses 8150 rpm is with PPE long tube...otherwise loss of hp no ?

The problem of motordyne product is that it seems it's quite difficult to buy them for me in France...
He Nabush: I'm living in the Netherlands and have the same problem.
I did find an Uprev tuner in the UK (www.h-dev.co.uk) but for some real tuning he requires to come there with the car
Guess the only option is to buy from the US and get the E-tune done.

Motordyne parts are available here but they do come at a big price.
I know a supplier here, if you want send me a PM and i can give you his email adres so you can ask for a quote and if they are willing to ship to France.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:39 PM
Stinvil93

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

How is the build going?? I actually have a spare HR motor that I am building to throw in to my rev up 350z. Going twin turbo . Also in Florida. I'm in Orlando. I'll def be following this thread I'm looking at maby a 2-6ish month build at the most on my car. Need to focus on college also.
Old 06-21-2014, 04:34 AM
pss350z

Originally Posted by redline06
oh yeah I broke my 4.08s hah I think I have pics of it up in my first post. Loving the stock gear more believe it or not.
I'm assuming your 12.8 pass was with the 4.08s. Have you been to the track with the stock gears? If so, What did you run and what was your setup?