Notices
VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

Single turbo interest?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2015, 07:05 AM
The_Assassin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Javier Antonio
Dam this thread is old as **** lol I was going to see if the turbo was still for sale
Yeah the thread is old but Sasha still makes turbo kits for the Z
Old 08-16-2015, 06:31 PM
cincysilvias14

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

shoot if this single works out screw supercharger i want this.
Old 08-17-2015, 12:14 AM
R6n350GT

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cincysilvias14
shoot if this single works out screw supercharger i want this.
How does one get in contact with him ? Sent him fb message, pm on here, posted in 2 of his threads . Anyone got a email ?
Old 08-17-2015, 05:50 AM
Pengu

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

Did the same over months of time. Ended up choosing to do LS swap in the winter.
Old 08-18-2015, 06:42 PM
cincysilvias14

Originally Posted by R6n350GT
How does one get in contact with him ? Sent him fb message, pm on here, posted in 2 of his threads . Anyone got a email ?
no idea. definitely want to know whats going on with this
Old 08-19-2015, 06:05 AM
Pengu

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

Sent a message to Sasha explaining I would either drive or ship my HR to him for making a kit. Waiting on a response but not sure I'll get a response.

I've been contemplating an LS swap the past couple weeks and am still leaning towards that. But, I might do this if Sasha is willing to work with me and do the LS swap at a later time.... We'll see.
Old 08-19-2015, 10:12 PM
The_Assassin

Originally Posted by Pengu
Sent a message to Sasha explaining I would either drive or ship my HR to him for making a kit. Waiting on a response but not sure I'll get a response.

I've been contemplating an LS swap the past couple weeks and am still leaning towards that. But, I might do this if Sasha is willing to work with me and do the LS swap at a later time.... We'll see.
Theres one guy on here with an HR running Sasha's single turbo he made close to 500 whp. It fits well with a few modifications. I will most likely be getting that when sasha is back from vacation.
Old 09-04-2015, 07:52 AM
relited

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Edit: I Have no affiliation with z fever in tampa. I have heard good things about them and plan on going to them in the future. just thought i'd share this video.

Last edited by relited; 09-04-2015 at 11:06 AM.
Old 09-04-2015, 10:01 AM
Juztin

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

I've played a ton with TT setups and high TQ down in the midrange, kinda more looking to migrate to a power setup that is on the higher RPM band 5K+ RPM's. Thinking of a big single approach.

Have you thought about offering anything bigger than a 6262? Say something with 900+ HP capability in a kit form vs. going custom? Be nice to switch to a less moving parts setup that can just keep building all the way to redline.

Current setup on twin GT28's peaks and falls off before redline, could upgrade to twin GT30's or something, but wouldn't mind just going big single even if its laggy, doesn't matter as WOT fun runs are usually in the high RPM range anyway.
Old 09-04-2015, 06:24 PM
meanvq

Originally Posted by Juztin
I've played a ton with TT setups and high TQ down in the midrange, kinda more looking to migrate to a power setup that is on the higher RPM band 5K+ RPM's. Thinking of a big single approach.

Have you thought about offering anything bigger than a 6262? Say something with 900+ HP capability in a kit form vs. going custom? Be nice to switch to a less moving parts setup that can just keep building all the way to redline.

Current setup on twin GT28's peaks and falls off before redline, could upgrade to twin GT30's or something, but wouldn't mind just going big single even if its laggy, doesn't matter as WOT fun runs are usually in the high RPM range anyway.

I believe this kit can be ordered with a 6766, or 6870.
Old 09-05-2015, 07:27 AM
The_Assassin

Originally Posted by relited
VQ35HR Single Turbo Kit - built by Z-Fever 471whp/375wtq - YouTube

Edit: I Have no affiliation with z fever in tampa. I have heard good things about them and plan on going to them in the future. just thought i'd share this video.
I personally would stick with sasha. I have never heard about z fever having a single turbo. Whats the price range for the kits?
Old 09-05-2015, 10:34 AM
meanvq

Don't understand this dedication to vertical flow intercoolers in the Z community. Vertical flow intercoolers cool like hot garbage and are generally inferior by nature of their design
Old 09-07-2015, 05:44 AM
relited

they use it for the 370z. I read somewhere on the fever racing facebook that this kit is 10,900.
Old 09-07-2015, 06:03 AM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by meanvq
Don't understand this dedication to vertical flow intercoolers in the Z community. Vertical flow intercoolers cool like hot garbage and are generally inferior by nature of their design
Quiet the opposite actually. What is your statement based on? Research? Real world application? or something your read somewhere?
Old 09-07-2015, 06:52 PM
cincysilvias14

Originally Posted by Boosted Performance
Quiet the opposite actually. What is your statement based on? Research? Real world application? or something your read somewhere?
not to knock any design but i was also curious why you did go across the motor instead of to a single in single out i/c
Old 09-07-2015, 09:10 PM
meanvq

Originally Posted by Boosted Performance
real world.... Not only have I ran a vertical flow intercooler and quite a few different crossflows and tuned with them. Also Full-race, buschur as well as others have tested vertical flows vs a cross-flow (The Evo and DSM community its been tested many times). The vertical flows are more efficient vs pressure drop typically than a cross flow, which is true. However by nature of their design the short tubes in a vertical flow do not cool the charge as well as a cross flow where they are 2-3 times as long. The end result generally is the cross flow in the same size (as a vertical flow) generally tend to be more efficient in the long run and especially when you tend to run in the upper efficiency of a compressor map. Generally the advantage in pressure drop does not out weight the difference in cooling ability in most applications that I have seen and tested myself. I have ran many different setups, built engines etc for the last 10 years...even ran as high as 30 pounds of boost on 93 pump gas on my personal car without methanol injection. We have also made 600+ WHP on RB25s & RB26s with 5" cross flows running 30 psi or more on 93-94 pump gas.

Honestly as great as your kit is (which I think is a beautifully constructed kit), I think those that wish to put down high pump gas numbers would benefit greatly from a 4.5" garret or 5" ETS core...just my opinion.

Last edited by meanvq; 09-07-2015 at 09:28 PM.
Old 09-08-2015, 05:08 AM
T-dizee

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

VQ35HR Single Turbo Kit - built by Z-Fever 471whp/375wtq - YouTube

If you want z fever, go for it. Over priced and its in house install only. They do not ship nor will they in the future. Every install is constructed completely different. No consistency.
Old 09-08-2015, 03:50 PM
The_Assassin

they use it for the 370z. I read somewhere on the fever racing facebook that this kit is 10,900.

10,900 is way too expensive. Not saying its not a good kit but I wouldn't even check it out at that price.
Old 09-08-2015, 07:16 PM
meanvq

seriously overpriced regardless of the quality. Still think bang for the buck BP's kit is the best on the market IMO.
Old 09-09-2015, 06:45 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by meanvq
real world.... Not only have I ran a vertical flow intercooler and quite a few different crossflows and tuned with them. Also Full-race, buschur as well as others have tested vertical flows vs a cross-flow (The Evo and DSM community its been tested many times). The vertical flows are more efficient vs pressure drop typically than a cross flow, which is true. However by nature of their design the short tubes in a vertical flow do not cool the charge as well as a cross flow where they are 2-3 times as long. The end result generally is the cross flow in the same size (as a vertical flow) generally tend to be more efficient in the long run and especially when you tend to run in the upper efficiency of a compressor map. Generally the advantage in pressure drop does not out weight the difference in cooling ability in most applications that I have seen and tested myself. I have ran many different setups, built engines etc for the last 10 years...even ran as high as 30 pounds of boost on 93 pump gas on my personal car without methanol injection. We have also made 600+ WHP on RB25s & RB26s with 5" cross flows running 30 psi or more on 93-94 pump gas.

Honestly as great as your kit is (which I think is a beautifully constructed kit), I think those that wish to put down high pump gas numbers would benefit greatly from a 4.5" garret or 5" ETS core...just my opinion.
What are high pump numbers?

With all the kits I have out there, IAT's have never been an issue to be honest. There are a few customer that track this kit as well without IAT's going more than 20% above ambient. Even customers making close to 700whp (DJ) on pump gas at 18psi have not had IAT issue. This is however with 1.32 a/r T4 turbine housings.

Now to flip the coin, I have read plenty of threads here where guys are using a GT35r turbo with .82 a/r turbines along side massive cross-flow FMIC's, where IAT's were a huge issue at much much lower HP levels.

So, with a properly sized, well flowing turbine housing (T4 is all I ever use) IAT's are not going to be a problem at all. The FMIC used on all the kits I have built has proven to work very well with customers making over 900whp, so I am not inclined to change anything if it has proven itself to work well.