Notices
VQ37HVR Mods and Support related to the 2009+ VHR engine

Possible V8 for new 370Z... with source

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 04:36 PM
DIGItonium

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[OFFTOPIC]
I'm still at odds with regards to the capabilities of the VQ37VHR. With that motor in the G37 it definitely doesn't feel like 330 HP. So imagine a direct swap into the current Z despite it's 3300+ lb weight. I wonder what that would be like. Don't forget that weight savings lead to fuel savings, am I right?

I can't wait for dry CF parts to come out so I can have it painted and installed. Weight savings project on a daily driver sounds like fun. I'll even replace the OEM speakers with ones with neodymium magnets and stick to a lightweight low profile sub (Under 20lbs with a JL 13TW5). [Evil laugh]
Old 10-14-2008, 05:57 PM
Ataru074

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Endgame
Well, that said, maybe this Z WILL not just move the goalpost but totally obliterate them in this segment; just like the GT-R did to its segment!!
let's put in that way... the GT-R is for 80K+ a 7:30 (less) car at the ring... but everybody know that the technology involved is a little a pain when it comes to service...
the Z (a nismo one) will be around 43/45K full loaded... (if they keep the actual pricing schema + something)
at that price you'll be in the domain of Z4m, Cayman, 135i and nissan doesn't have IMHO that "plus" image compared to them... so IT HAS TO BE FAST...

but not so fast to shift the interest from the GT-R...
not so technological to don't compete with the GT-R
not so "perfect" but more "wild".....

from the pics in germany I like (the sport version) it comes with the G37 brakes... the brembo where just a little short for some track... these should be enough for any track (if we can find the right pads)... the seats bolsters looks a little bit more track oriented and according to motor authority there is a strut bar in the rear just behind the seat.. (maybe could be used as harness bar)

well that is just my wish!