Injected Performance 370Z dyno video, 258whp DD - Page 4 - MY350Z.COM Forums



Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-25-2009, 07:29 PM   #61
Wukillabeez78
Registered User
 
Wukillabeez78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 73
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Bateman View Post
You have to remember: Shaving 4 tenths off a mid 13 is hell of alot easier than shaving 4 tenths off a low 13 second run.

Despite that, the 370 should be faster, it would be a big disappointment if not.
It's not hard to do at all if you're in a car that is faster. I'm not talking about shaving in terms of having to do anything special to get a better time. All I'm saying is that people always get better times than what car magazines publish. Magazine testers never get the best times for many different reasons (the cars not always being broken in, because they're not as familiar with the car as people who actually own it and track it regularly, because they only do three passes and take an average of the three, etc...etc...). Car and Driver could only get a 13.5 1/4 mile time in the 07-08 350Z's but there are many people up here reporting stock times of 13.1 seconds. I doubt these people did anything that special to achieve those times, they simply know the car better and push it to it's true limits. So if Car and Driver got a 13.3 testing the 370Z it's pretty easy to see that once actual owners start tracking it their times will be better also. 12.9s aren't hard to imagine.
Wukillabeez78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 06:47 AM   #62
ACEMAN
Master
iTrader: (29)
 
ACEMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Hagerstown MD
Posts: 2,774
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Bateman View Post
You have to remember: Shaving 4 tenths off a mid 13 is hell of alot easier than shaving 4 tenths off a low 13 second run.

Despite that, the 370 should be faster, it would be a big disappointment if not.
I agree with ya..And i believe it is faster.. Drove the new 370z this weekend. It really shines up top. My 03 350z would eat it out of the hole.. But i have gears. But, it would pass me before the end of the 1/4 with equal drivers.

Slicks and a good launch.. easy 12 second car.

Dont like the clutch feel in the car.. Of course I dont have a stock clutch or flywheel in mine. That would be one thing i would want to change.. Cant stand a mushy clutch pedal.

Todd
ACEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:15 AM   #63
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet
iTrader: (70)
 
dikspiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 8,992
Thanked 53 Times in 42 Posts
Default

i didnt like the clutch feel either and I have stock clutch in my 06...
dikspiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:46 PM   #64
VeeTec
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Jackson County, GA
Posts: 1,384
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I plan on driving one soon, maybe this week. So the clutch feel isn't good, as in similar to the HR, being too soft? I just hope it holds better.

I have said it before, I agree that it should be a little faster, but I guess I was hoping for a LOT faster.
VeeTec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:05 PM   #65
NISMO_558
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
 
NISMO_558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 4,002
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSled View Post
Some of you will defend your precious HRs to the very end, despite the overwhelming evidence supporting the fact that the 370Z is a faster car in every way than an HR 350Z.

Stop being such a fanboy.
you stop being a 370z fanboy..... theres just as many people who are making out the 370z to be some freaken supercar just because it's a few tenths of a second faster in the 1/4 mile compared to the HR Z. So the 370z fanboys need to give it a rest also.
NISMO_558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 04:14 PM   #66
gabez33
Registered User
iTrader: (7)
 
gabez33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SATX
Posts: 2,038
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexx View Post
im just sick of people bashing it. It amazes me how logic defies some people. I swear hr owners truly believe that the 350z hr is somehow just as fast if not faster than the 370. When the hr came out, i was happy nissan improved the 350 and was proud that their little n/a v6 was capable of competing with of the domestic v8's and highly engineered european v6's. I always knew the hr was superior to the de. The few de nuthuggers clung onto the low end torque but in the end the numbers said hr > de. I just dont understand how hr owners can even constantly belittle a superior machine. Looks are subjective so whatever but numbers dont lie. The 370 handles and accelerates better than any previous generation 350z.

And yes, if my car was stock and i could somehow trade it for a 370 i would in a heartbeat.
lol +11111111111111
gabez33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 04:26 PM   #67
Pat Bateman
Registered User
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 236
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wukillabeez78 View Post
It's not hard to do at all if you're in a car that is faster. I'm not talking about shaving in terms of having to do anything special to get a better time. All I'm saying is that people always get better times than what car magazines publish. Magazine testers never get the best times for many different reasons (the cars not always being broken in, because they're not as familiar with the car as people who actually own it and track it regularly, because they only do three passes and take an average of the three, etc...etc...). Car and Driver could only get a 13.5 1/4 mile time in the 07-08 350Z's but there are many people up here reporting stock times of 13.1 seconds. I doubt these people did anything that special to achieve those times, they simply know the car better and push it to it's true limits. So if Car and Driver got a 13.3 testing the 370Z it's pretty easy to see that once actual owners start tracking it their times will be better also. 12.9s aren't hard to imagine.

No way! Are you serious?
Pat Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:53 PM   #68
gothchick
Registered User
iTrader: (12)
 
gothchick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: ATL
Posts: 3,301
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Lol at this thread.

For all the nut huggers, I present:

http://my350z.com/forum/engine-and-d...r-numbers.html

Now STFU.
gothchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:14 PM   #69
singh
_______________
iTrader: (2)
 
singh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 5,355
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

^
+1

People are so ignorant they can't get over the fact that another car is faster than their car. It's not a matter of feeling inferior to one another, it's just progress.

DE < HR < VHR
singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:37 AM   #70
8cd03gro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: michigan
Posts: 92
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsingh350Z View Post
^
+1

People are so ignorant they can't get over the fact that another car is faster than their car. It's not a matter of feeling inferior to one another, it's just progress.

DE < HR < VHR
exactly.

how would the 3.7 not be better? It's the same **** with bigger displacement and better flowing heads

It is nice at least for the HR owners that the numbers the 3.7 is putting down are definitely achievable with bolt ons in an HR.

Last edited by 8cd03gro; 02-06-2009 at 08:11 AM.
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 09:06 PM   #71
hiz-n-herz
Registered User
iTrader: (11)
 
hiz-n-herz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: SF South Bay area
Posts: 1,145
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothchick View Post
Lol at this thread.

For all the nut huggers, I present:

http://my350z.com/forum/engine-and-d...r-numbers.html

Now STFU.
Gothchick, I gotta give you props for a nice rev-up build, but you gotta give the "...HR nuthugger/nutswinger..." thing a rest.

It's like you are tired of being abused by the HR owners for the last two years and you've been feeling second-class somehow so now that the 370's out and can beat up on the HR, your stirring the 370 vs HR pot in every thread you can.

In that thread you linked to in your post, you mention how you are glad you decided to keep your DE and mod it and we know you don't like the looks of the 370, you said "Good info~ Glad I kept my DE and modded it. HR nutswingers aren't gonna like this info. Too bad, so sad. Lol~ :-) "

I don't get it... What's your point?

Based on other posts you have made, you seem to think the rev-up is the best Z33 because of the extensive after-market support for the DE and that there is little after-market support for the HR. I have news for you, the HR only needs a few simple mods and no tune to make more power than a heavily modded, rev-up.

So get over it...

Last edited by hiz-n-herz; 02-22-2009 at 04:50 AM.
hiz-n-herz is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Difference in a cheap versus expensive exhaust system Justin100 Intake Exhaust 26 11-29-2015 03:58 PM
Autocross Brake Pads hajwoj Autocross/Road 27 11-01-2015 05:25 PM


Tags
2009, 370, 370z, aftermarket, blue, dyno, forged, frame, license, nissan, parts, performance, plate, seattle, video, whp

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:46 AM.


Copyright 2002 - 2008, MY350Z.COM All Rights Reserved.