Notices
West Canada British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Mantitoba, etc.

Lightspeed getting uprev in Alberta.

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 09:22 PM
Sylvan Lake V35

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lightspeed getting uprev in Alberta.

Due to a lack of courtesy in the other thread I will try again.

Please have respect and if you want to discuss anything besides the thread topic start your own thread.

Lightspeed innovations in RedDeer Alberta is planning to get uprev if enough interest is shown. They want 6 people to prepay $500 (if they don't get 6 people you will get a full refund) if they get 6 people to prepay they will get the uprev pro dealer package and offer uprev and a dyno tune for naturally aspirated cars for $750. With FI cars being slightly more.

For more info you can email. Cam@lightspeedinnovations.com. They usually book months in advance in the summer so book now!

I spoke with Cam the other day they have 4 people committed so only 2 more are needed but I think if he had a few more he would extend the $750 uprev dyno tune price.

The reason for the prepayment requirement was the genesis owners wanted a similar deal with power axle so he payed $5,000 for the power axle software and none of them have followed through and got tunes.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:30 AM
can350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Gord this sounds like a great idea... Unfortunately I let the guys at VEX talk me into a full Haltech system for my car then we lifted the heads on the dyno due to crappy headgaskets that were used during rebuild.. I still have Osiris working in tandem with the Haltech for a few functions.. Biggest issue with Haltech is getting the car to idle properly.. I give VEX low points for their Haltech tuning capabilities.. One more thing where would be a good place for me to get my new headgaskets and ARP studs installed? My motor was rebuilt in the US and I'm not going there again.. Dealership is one option but I'm looking for more.. Any help would be great..

Thx...Randy S

Last edited by can350z; 02-24-2011 at 07:21 AM.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:47 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by can350z
Hey Gord this sounds like a great idea... Unfortunately I let the guys at VEX talk me into a full Haltech system for my car then we lifted the heads on the dyno due to crappy headgaskets that were used during rebuild.. I still have Osiris working in tandem with the Haltech for a few functions.. Biggest issue with Haltech is getting the car to idle properly.. I give VEX low points for their Haltech tuning capabilities.. One more thing where would be a good place for me to get my new headgaskets and ARP studs installed? My motor was rebuilt in the US and I'm not going there again.. Dealership is one option but I'm looking for more.. Any help would be great..

Thx...Randy S
They still have not figured out the Haltech? Wow, so much for pro tuners. That is a very easy interface to work with, and figure out.

Is your block sleeved? If not at what power level did the heads lift, and what studs were used? I don't think head lift is due to a bad gasket. Hope you have better luck with the new rebuild.

Last edited by Boosted Performance; 02-24-2011 at 05:49 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:23 PM
can350z

Originally Posted by Boosted Performance
They still have not figured out the Haltech? Wow, so much for pro tuners. That is a very easy interface to work with, and figure out.

Is your block sleeved? If not at what power level did the heads lift, and what studs were used? I don't think head lift is due to a bad gasket. Hope you have better luck with the new rebuild.
Rebello used stock headgaskets and stock head bolts with the original VEX owners input.. Say no more.. Soon as we pushed over 400hp at the rear wheels all the coolant would blow out the overflow... no fun.. I talked to Jim Wolf in detail and this is the issue..

Thx...R
Old 02-28-2011, 02:18 PM
RAYZ33

^ZOMG don't wander off topic! OP be mad and delete this thread when he see's this lol

IMO $750 is a ridiculous price for an UpRev Osiris dyno tune. We have an Uprev authorized dealer/tuner here that can do it for way below what you're listing.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:05 PM
Sylvan Lake V35

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thx...Randy S

Hey Randy i am not sure if you know Anthony that used to work at Lightspeed? Ponto was talking to him about his car i am not sure if John is going to use him or not? Anyway he works at RedDeer Mitsubishi now but also has a performance company on the side he is very knowledgeable about Nissans and has helped me alot with my car. I would maybe call RedDeer Mitsu and ask to talk to Anthony Locke or if you want his number PM me and i will give it to you John may have it as well. That would be the best bet locally in my opinion.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:11 PM
seymore4
Professional

Received 69 Likes on 57 Posts

...W...T....F....???!?
Rebello used stock headgaskets and stock head bolts with the original VEX owners input..
Um NO, its not.

Originally Posted by RAYZ33
IMO $750 is a ridiculous price for an UpRev Osiris dyno tune.
He has to do the buy in to become a dealer and doesn't have money to just go throw around so he needs people to prepurchase, as long as the guy's a competent tuner this is a deal for the people prepaying. I think you have to prepurchase something like 20 licenses when you buy in, not a small chunk of change for a small shop
Old 03-07-2011, 06:18 PM
seymore4
Professional

Received 69 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by RAYZ33
We have an Uprev authorized dealer/tuner here that can do it for way below what you're listing.
really? which one is that? according to :http://www.uprev.com/dealers.php
the closest protuner to Vancouver BC is Intec Racing in Kent WA. The next is Wester's Garage in Alberta.

There's a reason uprev only certifies certain shops as protuners, they're not going to let incompetent people sell their product and possibly damage their reputation
Old 03-23-2011, 11:46 PM
cantstopspinnin

Hey Gord I'd be in but already got it booked @ Westers... Although Leduc to RD would be better than Butt$%@# alberta. Maybe I'll call cam for the hell of it and see.