Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Do Not Buy Falken Tires!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 06:49 PM
DDS_RACER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do Not Buy Falken Tires!!

First of all, let me take the time to give thanks to God and count my blessing that I'm alive and well and that no one is hurt/dead as a result of what happened today. Around 5 this evening I was driving along Loop 12 North here in Irving, Texas. The first sign of trouble came when I noticed that my car’s alignment was off, and she was steering subtly to the left. I thought no big deal. I’ll take it into NTB on Monday to fix the misalignment. I continued along loop 12 North going around 60-65mph. Approximately 30 seconds later, all hell broke loose. I heard a loud noise coming from the left-side of the rear at which point I lost some control of the car and started fish tailing like I was suddenly making a guest appearance on Tokyo Drift Part 2. The loud noise persisted and was followed by a constant hum. I managed my car off the freeway and into the right shoulder, where I just sat thinking about how close I came too a very terrible accident. After a couple of minutes of sitting and breathing, I didn’t even have to get out of the car to realize what had happened. Out of my driver’s side mirror, I noticed that the left rear tire had come undone from the wheel and was sticking out past the fender…. Kind of like some of these ghetto superstar cars who intentionally ride with a real small diameter tires/wheel package and have them stick out literally a foot past the fenders --- yes like that. I called for help. When AAA arrived I asked the guy if he had ever seen anything of the such and he replied, “No, it looks like a tire manufacturing defect.” I couldn’t agree with him anymore. Below are the pics...

For those of you wondering the tire/wheel package I have came from Wheelmax.com. The wheels were a set of AZA 5 spoke split deep dish and the tires were a set of Falken’s. For those who have read my previous cautionary tale “DO NOT BUY FROM WHEELMAX.COM” know that I am pretty much SOL as far as getting any help from that nickel and dime corporation. If you haven’t already read my previous post here is the link:

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....t=WHEELMAX.COM

I suggest you read that to if you’re even thinking about doing business with those crooks. Let me briefly summarize them: Wheelmax.com is a greedy, criminal, idiotic, deceitful, fraudulent, illegitimate, clueless, narrow, unethical, double-taking, dim, uncaring, unsympathethetic, scamming and overall NOT A GOOD business (even Al Qaeda has more integrity). This is why I won’t even bother calling up Wheelmax.com to report the incident and try and get a new wheel from them EVEN THOUGH IT’S STILL UNDER “WARRANTY”. And by warranty I mean this is Wheelmax’s method of gaining an extra $100 from the sale and never having an intention of honoring it.

Here are the pics…as you can see definitely not something Discount Tires can fix. The pattern of damage reminds me of the issue with Firestone tires a while back...

Name:  IMG_0430.jpg
Views: 1735
Size:  113.8 KB

Name:  IMG_0429.jpg
Views: 1074
Size:  85.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0428.jpg
Views: 1489
Size:  99.0 KB

Name:  IMG_0427.jpg
Views: 1278
Size:  86.6 KB

My plan now is to replace all 4 tires with my OEM Nissan wheels/tires until I save enough to buy a real set of shoes. Here is the indistputable proof anyone needs to NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH WHEELMAX.COM OR BUY FALKEN TIRES!!!
Old 03-09-2008, 06:52 PM
Concave
Banned

i got 2007 wheels/tires with only 2000 miles and you can have the TMPS too if you want. 800 + shipping? pm me if you wanna talk.

but.. i think its just your tire was messed up man. maybe mounted crazy or something? idk.
Old 03-09-2008, 06:53 PM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

your mishap with falken tires puts your statement of not buying falken tires wrong IMO. I have gone through falken 512, falken azenis st115 and falken azenis rt615(great tires), they all did their job.
Old 03-09-2008, 06:54 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what size tires, what size rims?

I have seen that on a few different brands...
Old 03-09-2008, 06:57 PM
drivenCSZ

do you know what tire pressure you were running? perhaps it was way out of wack

perhaps you got a bad tire? but alot of people run falkens, theyre supposed to make some good cheap track tires so there's def people out there running them hard and i havent seen any negatives like this. i dunno.
Old 03-09-2008, 07:02 PM
TreeFiddyZee
Do WHAAAAT!?

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If a tire blows out. Either from bad construction or something as simple as a nail, this kind of destruction happens. If you drive on a tire that is low in air at highway speeds, this will happen. I think you're WAY off base faulting Falken. Also, if you're not going to try and file a claim, you don't have a whole lot of room to complain.
Old 03-09-2008, 07:08 PM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

You left out some key information:

What size wheel?
What size tire?
Old 03-09-2008, 07:08 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ beat you to it

OP is epic fail at this point. might redeem to 'semi fail' but I don't see this coming out of the red.
Old 03-09-2008, 07:09 PM
DBTRACK

I have ran falkens on 3 other cars and never had an issue..... seems to be a isolated incident or a road hazard or user error. Falken's are good reliable tires.

Glad to hear your ok.
Old 03-09-2008, 07:12 PM
TreeFiddyZee
Do WHAAAAT!?

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Motormouth
^ beat you to it

OP is epic fail at this point. might redeem to 'semi fail' but I don't see this coming out of the red.
I'm thinking double-secret fail.
Old 03-09-2008, 07:22 PM
DDS_RACER

Originally Posted by SuperBlack350z
your mishap with falken tires puts your statement of not buying falken tires wrong
IMO. I have gone through falken 512, falken azenis st115 and falken azenis rt615(great tires), they all did their job.
I understand there are plenty of Falken tire owners whose tires have served them faithfully. I am not obtuse to this fact. If you read carefully, I was also making a point about the people who sold me the tires.

In the thread I created "DO NOT BUY FROM WHEELMAX.COM" I wrote a statement that I thought would never apply to me:

"BUT THE MAIN REASON I WOULD NEVER BUY WHEELS FROM WHEEL MAX is due to their safety. Their wheels are not safe and they fucking know it."

I made this statement based on observations I've witnessed on other vehicles driven on Wheelmax tires/wheels. Today, I came away safely with personal, first-hand knowledge that this for one is really true. Further, I should revise this statement to read "I WOUlD NEVER BUY WHEELS OR TIRES FROM WHEELMAX...

I don't care if you think I'm right or wrong. The fact remains that this was a Falken tire that spontaneously failed on me. My account needs to be documented so that people who are in the market to buy tires or wheels can make an informed decision given the current information at hand.
Old 03-09-2008, 07:23 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

First, Thank god that u r ok.
But....
ur title says about Falken
and your story is about WheelMax.

More update with followin Questions Please. otherwise failed.
- did u check ur tire pressure?
- what size of wheel and tires. + offset of wheel.
- ur rear wheel had rubbin issue??
- how long you had them on your car?
Old 03-09-2008, 07:26 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Originally Posted by DDS_RACER
"BUT THE MAIN REASON I WOULD NEVER BUY WHEELS FROM WHEEL MAX is due to their safety. Their wheels are not safe and they fucking know it."
Now You know.
Old 03-09-2008, 07:27 PM
DDS_RACER

Originally Posted by TreeFiddyZee
Also, if you're not going to try and file a claim, you don't have a whole lot of room to complain.
File a complain to whom? Wheelmax?? I already stated my reasons why it's absolutely a waste of time to deal with them anymore.

Complain?? Call it what you want, but as I stated above already:

The fact remains that this was a Falken tire that spontaneously failed on me. My account needs to be documented so that people who are in the market to buy tires or wheels can make an informed decision given the current information at hand.
Old 03-09-2008, 07:27 PM
OffsetZ33

Ive always been happy with the Falkens I have run...
Old 03-09-2008, 07:29 PM
DDS_RACER

For the record I do all my own work on my Z, including oil changes and monthly maintenance checks. I don't let anyone come near my car. The pressure on my tires were normal.
Old 03-09-2008, 07:32 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

^ did you lower your car?
look like tire was blow from inside of rim.
DustinZ33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Judging from the amount of tread left on the tire, I wouldn't blame falken for the problem. It was bound to happen with highway speeds.

edit:

I was confused by the pics. Look like the tires were pretty bald. On a second note, I have used a couple different falken tires and no problems.
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

lol, this isnt the first time a falken has done this. i only wish i could dig some of the others. dont buy falken if you value your safety. there are plenty of other tires in the same price range.
Old 03-09-2008, 07:33 PM
DBTRACK

Well, the next question to be answered...... you stated alignment was off, did you hit a pothole or curb or road hazard that would have cause an issue with your tire??

Tires just dont fail for no reason.

Quick Reply: Do Not Buy Falken Tires!!