Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

The unofficial Replica Wheel Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 07:51 PM
Simann

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is only one way out of this one...

With this blood, I shall have TIME ATTACK pin stripes!
Old 02-10-2009, 08:21 PM
Gag83

^ u do realize ur stock wheels were worth more than twice as much as ur rota's... LOL
Old 02-10-2009, 09:21 PM
dan avoN7

Originally Posted by Gag83
^ u do realize ur stock wheels were worth more than twice as much as ur rota's... LOL
^u do realize ur out of high school right? You "Volk" elitist guys are real douche bags, remind me of a bunch of high school girls.

It's his car, he is obviously happy with the look & performance of the new wheels so why should it matter that one is twice as expensive as the other?
Old 02-10-2009, 09:36 PM
Gag83

Originally Posted by dan avoN7
^u do realize ur out of high school right? You "Volk" elitist guys are real douche bags, remind me of a bunch of high school girls.

It's his car, he is obviously happy with the look & performance of the new wheels so why should it matter that one is twice as expensive as the other?
because hes a poser.. u dont put volk stickers on a knockoff wheel. Thats called RICE kid
Old 02-11-2009, 01:00 AM
The_VQ

Originally Posted by THe Emperor
Hmmm...never realized pretty much every Rota wheel is a replica.
Every Rota is a replica, there are no original designs.

Axis Elite = Maya MRK
Linea Corse Dyna = Work Varianza T1S
Linea Corse ASO = Breyton Flame
Rota Bella = Voltec MS
Rota MGM = Mugen XJ
Ruff R35 = Work Varianza SC1

....and some many others to list. Latter Konig wheels should be added to this list.

Last edited by The_VQ; 02-11-2009 at 01:05 AM.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:12 AM
jdmrwd

Originally Posted by Simann
Oh no! No stickers!

you FAIL...!!
Old 02-11-2009, 05:57 AM
Simann

Gag83 and jdmrwd
, please post some pictures of your cars.

Last edited by Simann; 02-11-2009 at 06:01 AM.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:57 AM
sry110

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

At first I thought this was an interesting thread. And then it turned into another thread that already exists.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:28 AM
jdmrwd

, please post some pictures of your cars.
Not that I dont want to, but there is no point of me posting it and make me look like another cocky ****.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:38 AM
Simann

Originally Posted by jdmrwd
Not that I dont want to, but there is no point of me posting it and make me look like another cocky ****.

Nobody will take it as being cocky, just something that you are proud of!. Come on, post some up!
Old 02-11-2009, 11:12 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by sry110
At first I thought this was an interesting thread. And then it turned into another thread that already exists.
And many more will pop up. Why i'm not sure but it should be known that these types of threads will just drum up more buisness for the replica retailers. I for one would love to buy Volks-Work wheels etc.. but with a mortgage to pay and stomachs to feed the other options in question are very appealing. With the information in this thread and the weather getting warmer i bet we'll see Rota searches in google reach new heights

Now related to the thread i think the grids are obviously Volk knockoffs but the differences are very easy to see as are the differences between p45r's and legit Nismo's.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:36 PM
anyjuan

Okay, here's a newbies point of view/question. I'm more worried about looks. I don't plan on racing my z much if any at all. I just like to have fun on backroads and a couple of drag strips a year. From what I've researched the replicas are a bit heavier and maybe not as redefined as the real wheels. Brand name wheels are supposed to be stronger also, but I've read many post about minor bents...

Now, even if I had Volks or Works etc I wouldnt care to put stickers on them. I'm a minimalist (I'm a graphic designer in advertising) and volks wouldnt pay me for product placement . So should I really care about the performance and spend the extra $$ or just go for some replicas for looks?

How bad can replicas be??

BTW is there a name brand for these (Brand New Set of 4 Hypersilver 18 inch ST11 Wheels) So far it's one of my favorite designs.

The unofficial Replica Wheel Thread-picture-1.jpg

Sorry if I'm off topic but you guys seem to be really into this replica vs brand thing. Thanks!
Old 02-11-2009, 12:46 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Oh no! No stickers!

das lookum like Nazcar wheels! with dem painted wurds on teh sidewalls.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:49 PM
Simann

Chebosto,

I couldn't find any Goodyear Aquatread with the white walls so I had to improvise a little.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:02 PM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by anyjuan
Okay, here's a newbies point of view/question. I'm more worried about looks. I don't plan on racing my z much if any at all. I just like to have fun on backroads and a couple of drag strips a year. From what I've researched the replicas are a bit heavier and maybe not as redefined as the real wheels. Brand name wheels are supposed to be stronger also, but I've read many post about minor bents...

Now, even if I had Volks or Works etc I wouldnt care to put stickers on them. I'm a minimalist (I'm a graphic designer in advertising) and volks wouldnt pay me for product placement . So should I really care about the performance and spend the extra $$ or just go for some replicas for looks?

BTW is there a name brand for these (Brand New Set of 4 Hypersilver 18 inch ST11 Wheels) So far it's one of my favorite designs.

Attachment 227651

Sorry if I'm off topic but you guys seem to be really into this replica vs brand thing. Thanks!
Sterns but i maybe mistaken..
Old 02-11-2009, 01:16 PM
The_VQ

I'm a minimalist (I'm a graphic designer in advertising) and volks wouldnt pay me for product placement
Ever taught how would you feel if somebody would rip one of your graphic projects (especially if they would modify it in a subpar way)? What would you do?
Old 02-11-2009, 01:39 PM
O_SO_ICY_Z

Konig Afterburner=Rays Gram lights w/ Ti lip
Old 02-11-2009, 01:45 PM
Gag83

Attachment 227651

lol sterns, are u serious?
Old 02-11-2009, 01:54 PM
anyjuan

Originally Posted by Gag83
lol sterns, are u serious?
Yeah, i'm serious. I went thru the trouble of taking an screen cap then attaching the pic to the message, didn't I?

Plus I meant to ask if those sterns are a replica of a better brand. I think they look nice but I admit they may look like *** on the z.

Originally Posted by The_VQ
Ever taught how would you feel if somebody would rip one of your graphic projects (especially if they would modify it in a subpar way)? What would you do?
Good point. But everything has been done and designed already. There's only so many designs that will look right with the z. Would you agree? To be honest I'll prolly wait for a $2000 used Volks/Works etc set up instead of buying a $2000 new replica set up.

Also, design wise, I'm kinda tired of the same designs. Wished there were more euroline designs out there.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:06 PM
The_VQ

Good point. But everything has been done and designed already. There's only so many designs that will look right with the z. Would you agree? To be honest I'll prolly wait for a $2000 used Volks/Works etc set up instead of buying a $2000 new replica set up.

Also, design wise, I'm kinda tired of the same designs. Wished there were more euroline designs out there.
Nah, I cannot agree to that - even wheels designs are changing, there are new inspirations, new trends, new ideas and especially the technology is changing (huge influence of CAD modeling). I really like how Rays have restyled their TE37 to VR.G2, or the whole FiveAxis wheels line up.

Quick Reply: The unofficial Replica Wheel Thread