Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

07 350Z tire pressure light stuck on

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 10:05 AM
bocco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 350Z tire pressure light stuck on

Hi All,

The tire pressure warning light on my wifes 07 350Z is stuck on even though the pressure is fine.

Can the sensors be tested?

Can they be replaced without taking the tires off?

I do have an OBDII tester but have never used it on this car.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Gary
Old 12-14-2013, 11:03 AM
.cakestar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

one or more of the sensors is dead. you need to get a replacement, roughly 20$ each online and you take it to a tire shop. you cannot replace it yourself because the tire needs to be removed. the shop can reprogram the new tpms to the car
Old 12-19-2013, 07:03 AM
neal@tirerack
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

If the sensor is bad you will have to dismount the tire from the wheel as it's part of your valve stem assembly. New sensors will need to be reprogramed at your dealer or shop with the right reset tool.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:17 AM
iideadeyeii

Received 441 Likes on 357 Posts

TPMS Reset Procedure

Original instructions modified with my experience (photos at the end):
1) Set different tire pressures in each wheel per the FSM (post 78 below): FL 37 PSI, FR 34 PSI, RR 31 PSI, RL 28 PSI. (Old PSIs found on the web somewhere RF to 34 PSI, LF to 31 PSI, LR to 28 PSI, and RR to 26 PSI).

2) Perform the OBD3 procedure (a. thru f. below) to reset and put the TPMS into learning mode - TPMS warning light should be blinking if done correctly.
a. Locate the Tire Pressure Warning Check Connector (See the screen capture of my 2004 service manual, red boxes). I was able to do this without removing anything but others have removed the dash per these instructions (thx 'gt3').
b. Straighten a paper clip and push it into the back side of the connector under the wire (see photo)
c. Find a decent location to ground the paper clip to. I chose to just take some wire and loop it around a bracket that connects to the chassis (see photo).
Ignore the red and black wires. I just used some scrap that had three wires in it; I just stripped one wire in the cable.
d. Loop the other end of the wire over the paper clip to ground it to the chassis. I let gravity keep it connected so don't twist the wire around the hanger because you'll need it free in the next step.
e. Turn on the car. (you have to START the car, not just turn it on. You can enter programming mode while ON, but it will exit when you start the engine to begin driving. So start the engine, then tap ground to activate learning mode. --Thx 'Armlocker')
f. Now unhook the wire from the paper clip and touch it to the paper clip over and over until the tire warning light starts flashing on the dash. (NOTE: at this point I left the wire unhooked, thus the connector was no longer grounded).

3) Drive vehicle around at speeds greater than 30 MPH (original instructions say 40 Kph) until the TPMS warning light stops blinking and turns off. (NOTE: I drove for around 5 minutes with the stereo on. Nothing was changing but I kept hearing these beeps that I wasn't sure if they were in the music I was listening to. Not sure if I was doing it wrong, I rehooked the grounded wire over the paper clip again and drove for another 5 minutes. As I pulled into my street I heard a couple more beeps and then suddenly the warning light in the dash went away and I had pressure readings. So I am unsure if you need to have the connector grounded the whole time or just need to do pleanty of driving before the system registers all the tires.)

Note a short time later, the TPMS warning light should go on and stay on (since one or more of your wheels will be lower that 28 PSI.

4) Clean up your wire and paper clip mess and reinflate your tires. The warning light should turn off with a little more driving
once the system knows your tires are inflated properly.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:04 AM
conorcolton

Unhappy NEW to 350z, tire pressure warning light. HELP

bought my 2003 350z track last weekend. So far an amazing car.

As i drove to work this morning, i got a loud beep for approx. 5 seconds and then my rear tire pressure started blinking at me. The tires were all set to 35psi and now my rears read 44 and 26psi... not sure how the tire would increase in pressure...

The light that came on on my dash wasnt the (!) kinda one.

Its the same tire pressure symbol as (!). but instead of the "!". its two arrows pointing toward a dot in the centre. kinda like (>.<) sorry... hard to explain.

Anyone know how my psi could increase. and could explain the dash light im having!?
Old 03-26-2014, 08:36 AM
scristi

I just added air to all 4 tires yesterday. They were around 25 psi and I filled them to about 45 psi. (I have run flat tires on after factory rims on a 2006 350z) The light went off yesterday and stayed off all day and this morning it blinked a few times then remained lit. I checked the reading on the panel and one tire just won't register a reading. The tires are fine. Any suggestions?
Old 03-26-2014, 08:43 AM
conorcolton

Default fixed my own issue

To resolve my earlier issue. i simply just put air in my tires. and the dash light went away. it is different from some of the icons that have been described here. however the guy at kal tire actually had a 350z of his own. and told me it was just my tire pressure light. i drove for about 5km. and it went away as my tire pressure stabilized at 37psi. However, that tire that was giving me the low tire pressure warnings is still losing air really slowly, and theres no signs of damage to the actual tire. Just gotta keep an eye on it for the next little while i suppose.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:46 AM
conorcolton

Originally Posted by scristi
I just added air to all 4 tires yesterday. They were around 25 psi and I filled them to about 45 psi. (I have run flat tires on after factory rims on a 2006 350z) The light went off yesterday and stayed off all day and this morning it blinked a few times then remained lit. I checked the reading on the panel and one tire just won't register a reading. The tires are fine. Any suggestions?
45psi is on the high end. try running like 35-40 and go for a drive. apparently it can take up to 15km to reset. just be sure to manually check your tire pressure before and after. good luck.