Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

PSI changes on cold mornings

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 06:59 PM
FOOKhonda

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just checked the pressure again the passenger side was around 32-33 cold however the drivers side was at 27, so I think I found which tire is the culprit, now to just find out what's causing it, hopefully I can figure it out tomorrow evening once the gf gets home from work. I'm gonna put the electric pump in the car for her just in case
Old 10-24-2014, 12:02 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,283 Likes on 1,645 Posts

Just hit a tire shop, tell them you have a slow leak, pay $10 , max $20 and they will find it and fix it
Old 10-24-2014, 10:35 AM
FOOKhonda

Originally Posted by terrasmak
Just hit a tire shop, tell them you have a slow leak, pay $10 , max $20 and they will find it and fix it
I found a big tubby in the spare bed room so gonna but some water in it and see if I can find it, if not ill take it to the shop and do that. But could the tpms be the cause of it and not the valve stem?
Old 10-24-2014, 10:45 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,044 Likes on 6,510 Posts

i would think that the only way the it could be the tmps is if one of the orings is shot causing a slow leak... other than that there is no way
Old 10-24-2014, 10:55 AM
FOOKhonda

Originally Posted by travlee
i would think that the only way the it could be the tmps is if one of the orings is shot causing a slow leak... other than that there is no way
Okay, I get what you were previously saying now, sorry for making you repeat it. But if it was causing a slow leak it would cause bubbles in the water correct? I don't see why it wouldn't..

But if its common for them to go out after awhile its very possible that's the problem, I doubt the tpms have ever been changed before. And I just hit 100k the other day.
Old 10-24-2014, 10:59 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,044 Likes on 6,510 Posts

i think discount tire charges like 20 bucks for the rebuild kit, not sure about your tire place... i would have them check the bead, for cracks, and rebuild the sensors..
Old 10-24-2014, 11:14 AM
FOOKhonda

Originally Posted by travlee
i think discount tire charges like 20 bucks for the rebuild kit, not sure about your tire place... i would have them check the bead, for cracks, and rebuild the sensors..
Sounds good, I hope my local tire shop is about the same, its a bad time for this to happen as I have a 256$ ticket to pay and after fixing the tire I'm going to be short :/
Gonna have to hustle some jits or something...

I'll have to find some turbo Honda's round here to bet on a race, since they act like their ricers can't be beat LOL
Old 10-24-2014, 11:17 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

I had my valve stems cleaned with a piece of sand paper wrapped around a pencil then filed. worked like a charm. No more slow leak
Old 10-24-2014, 11:23 AM
FOOKhonda

Originally Posted by Highway Riding
I had my valve stems cleaned with a piece of sand paper wrapped around a pencil then filed. worked like a charm. No more slow leak
Id honestly probably ruin my valve stems trying to do that, I don't know much about tires except how to patch plug and change one lol. I wouldn't know where to start or where to stop. And are you talking about the core or the actual stem you screw the cap onto?
Old 11-02-2014, 02:06 PM
FOOKhonda

Just wanted to post an update

There was a small screw in the tire causing the leak, I had it patched and the idiot scratched my wheel up and not just the outside edge where I could understand but on the spoke right before where it turns in towards the center which is completely unexplainable and he said it was normal, yeahh right, and the idiot didn't tighten the wheel correctly, he didn't put it all the way against rotor/spacer, just the top part and hand tightened it then just put the lug nuts on the thread and impacted then down in a circle not in the star pattern like your supposed to, which ended up causing tire wobble at speeds over 50 that was intermittent. Was quite angry that I had to take the tire off and put it back on correctly because the shop couldn't do it right.... Anyways found that my tires are getting pretty bald the inside has about 20-25% thread left so gotta start looking for new tires. These lasted almost 20k miles so far though!
Old 11-08-2014, 06:25 PM
jr27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FOOKhonda
Just wanted to post an update

There was a small screw in the tire causing the leak, I had it patched and the idiot scratched my wheel up and not just the outside edge where I could understand but on the spoke right before where it turns in towards the center which is completely unexplainable and he said it was normal, yeahh right, and the idiot didn't tighten the wheel correctly, he didn't put it all the way against rotor/spacer, just the top part and hand tightened it then just put the lug nuts on the thread and impacted then down in a circle not in the star pattern like your supposed to, which ended up causing tire wobble at speeds over 50 that was intermittent. Was quite angry that I had to take the tire off and put it back on correctly because the shop couldn't do it right.... Anyways found that my tires are getting pretty bald the inside has about 20-25% thread left so gotta start looking for new tires. These lasted almost 20k miles so far though!
Man i dont know if you have a Discount tire company out there but worth finding out.. i work for an America's tire co in cali (same company but different name in cali) we do free flat repairs, that even includes a free tpms rebuild kit swap in that process once tire is repaired. And we definitely do not scratch our customer's wheels. you should also consider us in your search for tires. we beat any advertised price and have the best warranties. we dont work off commission like other shops so you truly get a honest opinion and price. just trying to help a fellow member get a good price and service. good luck.

Last edited by jr27; 11-08-2014 at 06:28 PM.
Old 11-08-2014, 09:10 PM
FOOKhonda

Originally Posted by jr27
Man i dont know if you have a Discount tire company out there but worth finding out.. i work for an America's tire co in cali (same company but different name in cali) we do free flat repairs, that even includes a free tpms rebuild kit swap in that process once tire is repaired. And we definitely do not scratch our customer's wheels. you should also consider us in your search for tires. we beat any advertised price and have the best warranties. we dont work off commission like other shops so you truly get a honest opinion and price. just trying to help a fellow member get a good price and service. good luck.
Thanks man I really appreciate that, I will definitely have to look into that, if you guys can ship tires to fl that'd be awesome, I'm actually looking at some lexani lx sevens from carid they are around 75-85$ each, if you have those and can ship pm me the price, ill be getting some around tax time if I can wait that long if I can't wait that long ill most likely go back to rnr and get these milestars again they were 80$ every 2 weeks for bout four months I think it was, but paid right at 500$ total so wasn't too bad on price either. But hit me up with a price if its possible, and again, thanks for the info.