Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

ZEDD Performance Wheels Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 09:34 AM
Fideprod

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My Z on Zedd CC10.

The following 2 users liked this post by Fideprod:
350Z. (08-31-2015), Speedgato (10-09-2016)
Old 08-26-2015, 10:35 AM
dvo

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by NFAC
If you sold your Z years ago why are you on this site? Selling a car because of someone's else's actions is just stupid. You will get cheap parts in any group you join, that's just the nature of the beast. There is nothing wrong with someone dropping a grand on some wheels to commute in. Now A show or full blown race car is a different story. And what age group are you talking about? I'm 30... I remember when BC Racing and Stance coilovers were considered cheap and crappy but now people swear by them.
I'm on the site because I still talk with some of the OG guys and even regularly attend a Z meet that many of them go to. You've only been a member since last month but you will see that many of the guys that had the Z 10 years ago have gotten rid of their cars but still post regularly on this site. When the Z came out, teenagers in high school and many kids just out of high school couldn't afford a 350z but now, you can buy one for 7k and the same goes for the G35.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:43 AM
Phenom
Toasty

Received 1,382 Likes on 990 Posts

Originally Posted by NFAC
I remember when BC Racing and Stance coilovers were considered cheap and crappy but now people swear by them.
BC and Stance still are cheap and crappy.
The following users liked this post:
dvo (08-26-2015)
Old 08-26-2015, 03:55 PM
dvo

Originally Posted by Phenom
BC and Stance still are cheap and crappy.
Old 08-26-2015, 06:43 PM
driftsucky

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

BC and Stance still are inexpensive and meet most peoples needs. In all actuality I have no legitimate reason to dislike them other than they're not as expensive as a KW or Ohlins setup but meet the purpose of what most people seems to want these days. I don't like that purpose. Perhaps it is I that need to re-evaluate myself.
fixed it for ya.
Speedgato (09-04-2016)
Old 08-27-2015, 04:56 AM
Phenom
Toasty

Originally Posted by driftsucky
fixed it for ya.
No no, it was correct the first time. BC and Stance are bottom of the barrel coilovers marketed to the #hellaflush #stancenation guys who don't actually mind (or realize?) that they're making their car handle worse. Meeting subjective needs doesn't make them not crappy.
dvo (08-27-2015)
Old 08-27-2015, 06:45 AM
driftsucky

No no, it was correct the first time. BC and Stance are bottom of the barrel coilovers marketed to the #hellaflush #stancenation guys who don't actually mind (or realize?) that they're making their car handle worse. Meeting subjective needs doesn't make them not crappy.
false. for them to be crappy, they have to not meet their intended purpose or not meet it well. However, not only do they meet their intended purpose, but they meet it well, and are marketed accordingly. They're like iPhones. Sure, they don't do anything that other smart phones CAN'T do. As a matter of fact, compared to the vast majority of other smart phones, their capabilities are quite limited. However, Apple has marketed it correctly to the sheeply masses and even though it doesn't hold up to what a smart phone should be capable of, it meets the purpose of its users. Thus, much like BC and Stance, it is not crappy.
Old 08-27-2015, 07:08 AM
Phenom
Toasty

false. for them to be crappy, they have to not meet their intended purpose or not meet it well. However, not only do they meet their intended purpose, but they meet it well, and are marketed accordingly. They're like iPhones. Sure, they don't do anything that other smart phones CAN'T do. As a matter of fact, compared to the vast majority of other smart phones, their capabilities are quite limited. However, Apple has marketed it correctly to the sheeply masses and even though it doesn't hold up to what a smart phone should be capable of, it meets the purpose of its users. Thus, much like BC and Stance, it is not crappy.
So then on the spectrum of smart phones, wouldn't that mean the iphone is crappy?

Agree to disagree I guess.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:05 AM
dvo

Except for the fact that there is no risk of injury or death if an Iphone fails. BC, d2, ksport, megan and many others all come from the same factory.

Old 08-27-2015, 09:14 AM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

Pretty funny that guys running crappy rep wheels are arguing about the quality of crappy rep coilovers.
The following 2 users liked this post by dcains:
dvo (08-27-2015), turboed350z (08-27-2015)
Old 08-27-2015, 11:41 AM
JDMOverBoard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I remember when I had my Z the only fake wheels out there was xxr and tenzo-r I think.

When I didn't make a lot of money when I was young I bought axis and from there I moved up too volks/SSR

Just giving my 2 cents 😁
Old 08-27-2015, 01:03 PM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

XXR was still Primax selling out of Pepboys when I first bought my z. lol
Old 08-27-2015, 01:54 PM
turboed350z

Received 277 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by dcains
Pretty funny that guys running crappy rep wheels are arguing about the quality of crappy rep coilovers.

people who have never taste quality wont know what quality is.

you cant ball on a budget and pop bottle with welfare.

this is like comparing prime rib eye to a frozen processes "steak" you get in the frozen aisle.
Old 08-27-2015, 05:37 PM
driftsucky

Originally Posted by dvo
Except for the fact that there is no risk of injury or death if an Iphone fails. BC, d2, ksport, megan and many others all come from the same factory.

Explain to me, in what world do you live in where some kid who wears "OBEY" shirts, has meaningless tattoos and shoes that match nothing and commutes to and from his job at whatever pizza place/grocery store/call center to his parents house where he lives, is going to run into a situation where his part will fail and even REMOTELY be close to causing death or even significant injury? Please. I would love to hear how driving on the 405 is dangerous because your coilovers cost 1100 instead of 1400 and guys with mortgages and expendable income deem them to be "crappy" because your car is "too low". These chum buckets are more likely to get drunk at H20i, get belligerent with OCPD, and catch a billy club to the nogin (all of which will undoubtedly be filmed, uploaded to social media, and then featured in some hellaflush scene kid video 9 months later) than any of their parts EVER breaking during their most idiotic of driving.

I've personally slid around on D2's for about 4.5 years with NO issue and done the same on both Tien and BC for roughly 2...again, with NO issue. I have a buddy who's G is pushing upwards of 600hp and he has BC's. Your arguments are ridiculous and you're reaching. I've also had KW V2's back in the day, Pedders, and been in a few Ohlins vehicles. All this "crappy coilover" nonsense is purely the gaff. ALMOST as much gaff as the "real wheel" debate. While I've personally never run replica wheels, it isn't because I'm against them. I just normally grabbed something out of the for sale forums or grabbed some used wheels from VR to rebuild. But, who knows, I may rock reps one day. And if I don't, it'll simply be because I don't want to. Not because of this cockimaimy nonsense about them splitting or every time you run a rep wheel, Al Quaida kills a little blonde haired white child or whatever foolishness y'all come up with next. lol.

What I find interesting is that the Japanese tuner community seems to be the only one with this huge "rep wheel" debate. I don't see it on any of my domestic or german forums and if I do, it's not nearly as prevalent as here.
But whatevs. Run what you like and ridicule those who don't I guess.
Old 08-27-2015, 06:27 PM
turboed350z

Received 277 Likes on 215 Posts

What I find interesting is that the Japanese tuner community seems to be the only one with this huge "rep wheel" debate. I don't see it on any of my domestic or german forums and if I do, it's not nearly as prevalent as here.
i fine it funny you mention this, since the te37 (one of the most copied wheel) is rocked by jap,american and euro cars. when youre that popular, of course someone is going to copy you.

whats even more funny is, everyone in the debate always wants to talk about how "reps are just as good as the real thing" yea they clearly fail to realize that a forged wheel is not the same as a cast wheels.

but you know, you do you. not everyone has the means to be a "baller" but i guess its fun to pretend.
Old 08-28-2015, 10:16 AM
driftsucky

I never said that rep wheels are "as good" as their authentic counterpart. And, much to your seeming shegrin, I've never run reps. But, as I said, it isn't because I'm against them. I'm just a savvy shopper.

And you have noted 1 wheel that is run among many track cars. THAT'S because it's a good wheel. All you really said is that the design is copied a lot. NOBODY IS DEBATING THAT. lol.
Old 08-31-2015, 04:53 AM
350Z.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Geeze Louise. You guys sure are a bunch of purist for owning blue collar sports coupes...many of which you bought pre-owned. I mean, it's not like my Infiniti, which is a premium luxury sports coupe that is nothing like a Nissan at all in any way shape or form. I refuse to run nothing but the most premium JDM baller wheels in the most baller specs. But again, premium Luxury coupe vs blue collar Nissan. But I'm not snotty or nothing. I got homies with Nissans ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Da Homie

Da homie on air

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/800x600/80-0f7304bd_daa9_4bc3_a606_cab581be522b_zpsearpfzl6_3baf
446b5b5f04a743349b52ec8b0282caff25e1.jpg[/IMG]

Great job love it and car looks attractive .
driftsucky (08-31-2015)
Old 08-31-2015, 04:55 AM
350Z.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks badass
driftsucky (08-31-2015)
Old 08-31-2015, 12:30 PM
dvo

Explain to me, in what world do you live in where some kid who wears "OBEY" shirts, has meaningless tattoos and shoes that match nothing and commutes to and from his job at whatever pizza place/grocery store/call center to his parents house where he lives, is going to run into a situation where his part will fail and even REMOTELY be close to causing death or even significant injury? Please. I would love to hear how driving on the 405 is dangerous because your coilovers cost 1100 instead of 1400 and guys with mortgages and expendable income deem them to be "crappy" because your car is "too low". These chum buckets are more likely to get drunk at H20i, get belligerent with OCPD, and catch a billy club to the nogin (all of which will undoubtedly be filmed, uploaded to social media, and then featured in some hellaflush scene kid video 9 months later) than any of their parts EVER breaking during their most idiotic of driving.

I've personally slid around on D2's for about 4.5 years with NO issue and done the same on both Tien and BC for roughly 2...again, with NO issue. I have a buddy who's G is pushing upwards of 600hp and he has BC's. Your arguments are ridiculous and you're reaching. I've also had KW V2's back in the day, Pedders, and been in a few Ohlins vehicles. All this "crappy coilover" nonsense is purely the gaff. ALMOST as much gaff as the "real wheel" debate. While I've personally never run replica wheels, it isn't because I'm against them. I just normally grabbed something out of the for sale forums or grabbed some used wheels from VR to rebuild. But, who knows, I may rock reps one day. And if I don't, it'll simply be because I don't want to. Not because of this cockimaimy nonsense about them splitting or every time you run a rep wheel, Al Quaida kills a little blonde haired white child or whatever foolishness y'all come up with next. lol.

TL;DR
Old 08-31-2015, 11:11 PM
cincysilvias14

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

when i see professional drifters run bc stance ect, i hardly consider those "cheap" or "knock off" sorry you overpaid for a name

Quick Reply: ZEDD Performance Wheels Thread