Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

New to me 07 Roadster and want to go "square"

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2016, 01:55 PM
mufret

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to me 07 Roadster and want to go "square"

Just picked up an 07 Roadster that I will be using as my daily driver. I've read through a number of the threads and am a bit confused as there seems to be contradictory info in the various threads I've read. I'd like stay with OEM wheels and want to be able to rotate the wheels to increase the life of the tires. Should I add the larger rear wheels to the front or should I pick up a pair of the front wheels to add to the rear? What, if any, issues will I encounter?
Old 05-11-2016, 06:06 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,255 Likes on 2,316 Posts

Originally Posted by mufret
Just picked up an 07 Roadster that I will be using as my daily driver. I've read through a number of the threads and am a bit confused as there seems to be contradictory info in the various threads I've read. I'd like stay with OEM wheels and want to be able to rotate the wheels to increase the life of the tires. Should I add the larger rear wheels to the front or should I pick up a pair of the front wheels to add to the rear? What, if any, issues will I encounter?
If you're going factory wheels, get a set of 8.5s for the front (assuming 8.5s in the rear) with matching F&R tires. Clearance should not be an issue at all.

If your car is equipped with VDC, there's a slight chance that you'll upset that balance as it's looking for higher front wheel speed (smaller diameter than rear) but I've not heard of many - if any - people having an issue with that so long as you stay sane on tire sizing.
Old 05-11-2016, 06:14 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

I’ve run my VDC equipped 350z with an all square setup (identically sized tires front and rear).

The best results were using the stock rear tire diameter size all around (and not the stock front tire diameter on all four corners).
Old 05-12-2016, 03:25 PM
mufret

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks so much for the responses!

I do have the VDC but hopefully it won't be an issue.