Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Dipped the rims on my 08 Z with ZTR Hypershift

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 12:10 PM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

Originally Posted by iideadeyeii
Has properly painted wheels and the cheapest ebay taillights ever :icon6
I think those are the OEM Nissan JDM tails.
Old 06-08-2016, 12:31 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Has properly painted wheels and the cheapest ebay taillights ever :icon6
Lol those were OEM JDM LED light's bruh... not one knockoff part ever graced that Z at any time that I owned it. My daily driver VW CC has OEM Volks.

Last edited by Flo-ridaZ33; 06-08-2016 at 12:35 PM.
Old 06-08-2016, 12:36 PM
iideadeyeii

Received 442 Likes on 358 Posts

Originally Posted by Flo-ridaZ33
Lol those were OEM JDM LED light's bruh... .
Old 06-08-2016, 04:27 PM
abarclay

Received 157 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by KJFire4Life
Ya know, I love forums and what they stand for. And yes there are some questions that shouldn't be asked....but this is why I keep most of my mods and personal little things I do to myself and share them with my car club (Team Defiance) and that's about as far as they go.......You don't like plasti-dip? okay cool, cmon guys, lighten up a bit. He was just excited about the work he put in to try something new. So what if YOU don't like it, it's not YOUR ****ing car is it? He was just simply excited about doing something new, just like you and I have been by doing something as simple as unscrewing the antennae and putting a short one on............I don't care if it took you 3 hours or 3 minutes, if one of OUR members takes the time to do something he/she likes and feels good about. Why are we going to spend our time and waste 4 pages of the internet to do nothing but rudely critique him on what he "shouldn't" have done. Again, HIS car not YOURS. Get over yourselves, a little dry humor like what dcains said about valve stems and tires is fine, we're adults we can take a joke. But just being downright rude and telling him he wasted his time and he sucks for doing this? is this even a Z forum anymore? Or am I completely about the kind of people who drive our cars nowadays? (for the record, of the 27 guys and gals I've met who drive 350's in NC, 1 of them has been an absolute snot and bombed out drug addict). OP, keep on doing what makes you happy. Again, its YOUR car, I like seeing the results of peoples hard work on their vehicles. Regardless of whether its a 20k turbo kit or a $20 Sunday car wash in your driveway
Old 06-08-2016, 04:48 PM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

@ ~$650 a set (back in the days) without shipping, I threw up a bit too when I paid for mine.
The following users liked this post:
Flo-ridaZ33 (06-09-2016)
Old 06-09-2016, 12:56 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Went with the whole JDM theme... I kinda had to. Everyone wanted the 07+ LEDs but since everything on that car was JDM, it was the logical choice.
Old 06-10-2016, 01:15 PM
Zay11Zay

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey man I love your wheels. I dont get why everyone on here hates on plasti dip....Like news flash, its removable!!! Everyone always acts like you "ruined" your car lol I guess they don't the concept of temporary paint jobs. Anyway, looks great!!!
m_0g (06-10-2016)
Old 06-10-2016, 02:52 PM
KJFire4Life

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Abridged version of my long *** post earlier. "If you aint got something nice to say, don't say anything." along with "Do unto others as you want done unto you." That's it I'm done, the OP actually is a very nice guy! All he wanted to do was share his ride......
Old 06-10-2016, 03:12 PM
mr. sparco

"Do unto others as you want done unto you."
That's the thing, many of the guys here are against PD and find it ghetto or cheap. Modding is subjective and subject to budget and many owners have been guided by this forum towards tasteful mods. I've seen some owners go from tacky to tastefully clean due to the input of members.

They give honest guidance and sometimes the honesty isn't sugar coated and mostly the newbs are the ones showing their sensitive side. Many here are "doing unto others what they want done to them," which is ultimately figure out how to better mod a 350z.
Old 06-10-2016, 03:53 PM
KJFire4Life

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by mr. sparco
That's the thing, many of the guys here are against PD and find it ghetto or cheap. Modding is subjective and subject to budget and many owners have been guided by this forum towards tasteful mods. I've seen some owners go from tacky to tastefully clean due to the input of members.

They give honest guidance and sometimes the honesty isn't sugar coated and mostly the newbs are the ones showing their sensitive side. Many here are "doing unto others what they want done to them," which is ultimately figure out how to better mod a 350z.
That's all well and good, and I understand and appreciate you're input and extremely professional way of stating it. You are extremely right, but many members take every opportunity they can to be uncouth, and extremely negative about that "tasteful input"........All I'm saying is, people would be a lot more receptive to critisicm if it didn't come in the form of "That sucks", or "looks like crap," All of which I've seen posted on multiple threads, at multiple times. Just saying...kindness goes a long way in our world today. And it's free.........
m_0g (06-10-2016)
Old 06-10-2016, 04:32 PM
mr. sparco

Comments and opinions now are actually a lot more gentle and restrained compared to what I've seen over the years.
Old 06-10-2016, 05:33 PM
travlee
Master

Received 9,047 Likes on 6,513 Posts

i still want to know how KJ wrecked his car
Old 06-10-2016, 05:35 PM
turboed350z

Received 277 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by travlee
i still want to know how KJ wrecked his car
Dugan? Dugan! Maybe lol
Old 06-10-2016, 05:36 PM
travlee
Master

he wouldnt say in his part out thread
Old 06-10-2016, 05:41 PM
turboed350z

Received 277 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by travlee
he wouldnt say in his part out thread
Sounds like Duganed then lol
Old 06-10-2016, 05:43 PM
travlee
Master

more than likely
Old 06-10-2016, 08:22 PM
m_0g

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mr. sparco

If you find my PD job ghetto or cheap looking, I don't have a problem with you telling me, but tell me why at least. And even if that's the case, it's no reason to hate on PD itself. People who know what they're doing can make it look great. Unfortunately, many people who dislike my job seem to ignore this part of the matter.

There's also a difference between offering guidance and criticism and just being a dick when you want to criticize something "cause it's the internetz bro". But it's clear what the vocal users' preferences are in that regard. I'm just a sensitive noob who's sad that the majority of people wouldn't rather intelligent conversation.

But hey, what did I expect. "It's the internetz" after all.
Old 06-10-2016, 08:27 PM
m_0g

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That's all well and good, and I understand and appreciate you're input and extremely professional way of stating it. You are extremely right, but many members take every opportunity they can to be uncouth, and extremely negative about that "tasteful input"........All I'm saying is, people would be a lot more receptive to critisicm if it didn't come in the form of "That sucks", or "looks like crap," All of which I've seen posted on multiple threads, at multiple times. Just saying...kindness goes a long way in our world today. And it's free.........
Well said. Comments of just "That sucks" and "looks like crap" are possibly even steps in the right direction towards constructive criticism lol.
Old 06-15-2016, 10:29 PM
ianeberle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I personally think the color makes the Z look cheap, but I'm not against painting wheels per se. The black/gold one on page one is classy. Silver/purple is ricey.
Old 07-31-2016, 08:46 PM
terrj

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Holy ****...such hate for plasti dip. And what's up with all the *******s comments ? One of the reason why i find ********** is a much more mature community than here. I dip my whole car , my rims and guess what ? Most of the people that i meet in real life compliments it or have nothing negative to say about it. If you dont like the color of it , just say so dudes. There's absolutely no need to call OP names...smh..
m_0g (08-01-2016)

Quick Reply: Dipped the rims on my 08 Z with ZTR Hypershift