Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Another wheel help posting

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 12:35 PM
NOCELL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another wheel help posting

Hello to all,

I thought I joined here a few months back, but perhaps I didn't. But here is the situation. I came across a deal for a set of wheels and tires from someone who needed some help. (I got a really nice deal). I may resell them depending on what I find out but here is the info. Each rim has a Pirelli 245/40/18 P zero nero on them, and I mean practically brand new. They are black Konig 18 afterburner with the Neo Chrome Lip....
However, I know the Z is 5 x 114.3...After reading until my eyes turned red, and trying to find some help without a smart a-- answer from the local club here online, I am trying to determine if I can fit these wheels on with adapters.
My original intention was to take my current tires on the car, (225/45/18 front and 245/45/18 rear), break them off and get the tpm sensors installed and my current tires put on these. Perhaps either save the pirelli's for fronts later on or just sell them.
What is confusing for me is on two different spokes on the inside of each rim are stamped 5 x 100 and 5 x 115. I looked up 5 x 100 and I know Scion FRS I think are 5 x 100. There is also a "40" stamped on the inside...
My Z is a regular Z, no brembo calipers, and I haven't lowered it, so running stock suspension, . I don't want to try to stance it, I may eventually do lowering springs but I have a rough time getting into the driveway with it as is.
I spoke with one guy at a tire shop and he said based on the numbers, with the right adapters, they would work. Thoughts anyone?? Has anyone done this before? I found one posting earlier regarding 5 x 100, but didn't yield too much. Any information would be greatly appreciated....

Last edited by NOCELL; 07-23-2016 at 12:43 PM.
Old 07-23-2016, 01:35 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,253 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by NOCELL
Hello to all,

I thought I joined here a few months back, but perhaps I didn't. But here is the situation. I came across a deal for a set of wheels and tires from someone who needed some help. (I got a really nice deal). I may resell them depending on what I find out but here is the info. Each rim has a Pirelli 245/40/18 P zero nero on them, and I mean practically brand new. They are black Konig 18 afterburner with the Neo Chrome Lip....
However, I know the Z is 5 x 114.3...After reading until my eyes turned red, and trying to find some help without a smart a-- answer from the local club here online, I am trying to determine if I can fit these wheels on with adapters.
My original intention was to take my current tires on the car, (225/45/18 front and 245/45/18 rear), break them off and get the tpm sensors installed and my current tires put on these. Perhaps either save the pirelli's for fronts later on or just sell them.
What is confusing for me is on two different spokes on the inside of each rim are stamped 5 x 100 and 5 x 115. I looked up 5 x 100 and I know Scion FRS I think are 5 x 100. There is also a "40" stamped on the inside...
My Z is a regular Z, no brembo calipers, and I haven't lowered it, so running stock suspension, . I don't want to try to stance it, I may eventually do lowering springs but I have a rough time getting into the driveway with it as is.
I spoke with one guy at a tire shop and he said based on the numbers, with the right adapters, they would work. Thoughts anyone?? Has anyone done this before? I found one posting earlier regarding 5 x 100, but didn't yield too much. Any information would be greatly appreciated....
Break it down...

Your new wheels are most likely dual bolt pattern. 10 holes. One set 5x100, the other 5x115 (will likely fit the 114.3 PCD on the Z). So.....

You won't need adapters, thankfully.

However, the 40mm offset stamped on the wheel means they're not right for the Z as Z33 should wear 30mm or below, down to 15-25mm depending on wheel width, which you don't cite. This can be rectified with the use of 10-15mm wheel spacers. (Keep the flames down, people.... laff.)

I'll go on record yet again that I do NOT like wheel spacers but I use them for different sets of wheels I fit to my car every other month or so. I've not had issues with them but still prefer to run naked (sans spacers, that is.)

At this point, since you already have them - rather than contemplating a purchase - you might as well try them on the car at least to check the bolt pattern sizing. Doing so without spacers, however, will result in the wheels being very "sunken" in appearance and can possibly create clearance issues on the inside (versus fender clearance) but not likely as there's much space on the backside.

But get your specs and use the tire/wheel calculator on this site to see how much clearance you'll lose on the inside. I doubt there'll be much issue as Konigs are usually pretty tame s'far as wheel widths.

S'far as the tires on the wheels already, you can just use them as is on the front. The 245/40-18 is correct in diameter (within about 5mm) for use on the front (and is the standard diameter on the 18" Nismo front). But if you're planning on moving your tires, do the whole set as mixing tire brands is not an optimal solution.