Notices

Hampton Roads Z owners - Colonial Parkway Cruise

Old 08-03-2009, 04:14 AM
Darkpath

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hampton Roads Z owners - Colonial Parkway Cruise

EVENT RESCHEDULED!!!

As a result of a conflicting local event on the 22nd - this thread is now closed by the OP in lieu of a cruise now scheduled on the 23rd of August... If you interested in getting together with some local Z owners for a photo op, a cruise, to be followed by lunch - Come on out!
From the looks of things there'll be some new faces in the crowd... Show your interest and your support for the local Z community by visiting the following thread and sign up!

https://my350z.com/forum/mid-atlantic/449273-saturday-aug-22-hampton-roads-meet-cruise-lunch.html#post7616065

Last edited by Darkpath; 08-07-2009 at 03:34 PM. Reason: update
Old 08-03-2009, 07:10 AM
thepitt02

This would be a good end of summer meet to see new people and see whats new, but may get more attention in the Mid-A section as some guys from up north come down for this. Best thing to do is set it in stone and make it happen. Our past cruises have been meeting up at Bailey's then cruising to Yorktown Beach. Next down Colonial Parkway to Williamsburg to eat at New York Deli.

1. Darkpath +1 22 Aug
2. thepitt02 Aug 22

Last edited by thepitt02; 08-03-2009 at 05:00 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:44 PM
AmorZ_Fati

if there were more specifics I'd be down...I live in newport news...how far is this...Ill prob go regardless...

1. Darkpath +1 22 Aug
2. thepitt02 Aug 22
3. AmorZ_Fati(phil)
Old 08-03-2009, 12:53 PM
Darkpath

Originally Posted by AmorZ_Fati
if there were more specifics I'd be down...I live in newport news...how far is this...Ill prob go regardless...

From your house - 15 mins tops...

Last edited by Darkpath; 08-03-2009 at 12:57 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:56 PM
Darkpath

Originally Posted by thepitt02
This would be a good end of summer meet to see new people and see whats new, but may get more attention in the Mid-A section as some guys from up north come down for this. Best thing to do is set it in stone and make it happen. Our past cruises have been meeting up at Bailey's then cruising to Yorktown Beach. Next down Colonial Parkway to Williamsburg to eat at Jason's Deli.

Feel free to repost where you wish - It would be cool to have a crowd... My whole point here is that I see Zs all over Hampton Roads and Williamsburg and only know two owners personally - in my opinion thats a bummer...
Old 08-03-2009, 05:02 PM
citymunky

I thought 10 TIL 4 is the head planned for this meet. Anyway the 22th is a BAD day for this because there is a big G35/G37 meet in Richmond, VA at the Pearson Infiniti Dealership. http://g35driver.com/forums/national...22-2009-a.html.

Also I'm going to be out of town on the 22th, and i don't want to miss this meet since I miss the one in spring for being out of town.

Also if you want any G35/G37/GT-R's showing up, I keep to let them know.

Last edited by citymunky; 08-03-2009 at 05:05 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:10 PM
Bigalow

bump.

I'm free 22-23 and 28-30
Old 08-03-2009, 06:35 PM
thepitt02

Originally Posted by citymunky
I thought 10 TIL 4 is the head planned for this meet. Anyway the 22th is a BAD day for this because there is a big G35/G37 meet in Richmond, VA at the Pearson Infiniti Dealership. http://g35driver.com/forums/national...22-2009-a.html.

Also I'm going to be out of town on the 22th, and i don't want to miss this meet since I miss the one in spring for being out of town.

Yes he does, but it does not hurt for other people to throw up meets. We can always carry on a good thing.

I made a thread for the meet on Sun Aug 23rd in the Mid-A.
https://my350z.com/forum/mid-atlanti...ml#post7616065

Last edited by thepitt02; 08-03-2009 at 06:38 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:27 AM
Darkpath

Originally Posted by citymunky

Not sure but this kinda seems like a Thread Highjack: No offense....

This will be a late morning gathering - mid-day cruise down the Colonial parkway and perhaps a lunch at the end of it - for those interested. Nothing spectacular other than a chance for local people to meet one another in the area - as there are really no organized Z clubs on the Peninsula. I posted this originally to gather folks in Hampton Roads / Williamsburg together for a meet/greet/and short cruise... and maybe at some point in the future form our own small Z group. Still looking for the greatest number interested on either the 22nd or the 30th...

Thanks all for your interest so far... DP

Keep the G35 event mentioned above in mind when indicating the 22nd or the 30th... Not every one wants go to the G35/37 meet in Richmond... But for those who do - There should still be time to run up there early afternoon and participate.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:58 PM
paposalsa
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AmorZ_Fati

1. Darkpath +1 22 Aug
2. thepitt02 Aug 22
3. AmorZ_Fati(phil)
4. Paposalsa - 22 Aug or 29 Aug
Old 08-04-2009, 06:42 PM
thepitt02

I guess people are not smart enough to go to the thread I made in the Mid A section.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:57 AM
10 TIL 4

Originally Posted by thepitt02
I guess people are not smart enough to go to the thread I made in the Mid A section.
I feel your pain Brian. Thats why I quit putting these meets together.

Last edited by 10 TIL 4; 08-05-2009 at 04:59 AM.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:35 AM
citymunky

Originally Posted by Darkpath
Not sure but this kinda seems like a Thread Highjack: No offense....

This will be a late morning gathering - mid-day cruise down the Colonial parkway and perhaps a lunch at the end of it - for those interested. Nothing spectacular other than a chance for local people to meet one another in the area - as there are really no organized Z clubs on the Peninsula. I posted this originally to gather folks in Hampton Roads / Williamsburg together for a meet/greet/and short cruise... and maybe at some point in the future form our own small Z group. Still looking for the greatest number interested on either the 22nd or the 30th...

Thanks all for your interest so far... DP

Keep the G35 event mentioned above in mind when indicating the 22nd or the 30th... Not every one wants go to the G35/37 meet in Richmond... But for those who do - There should still be time to run up there early afternoon and participate.
I know what it is, I been to 3 of these cruises. I'm just giving you a heads up that there might be as many people as the last two times. For the simple reason that people that most of the G35 are down here in VA Beach, and they already planned to go to Richmond to support the National G Club. Second, there were quite a few people who drove down from Richmond, and NoVA to cruise with us, and they are most likely to the Richmond meet also.

As you stated, you only know two other Z owners, so why not get to know as much people as could?
Old 08-05-2009, 12:05 PM
Darkpath

Hey I hear you... Traded some PMs with thePitt02 about it and suggested some off-topic particulars... Maybe we ought to form a Peninsula Z owners website - a place where we few can stay abreast of local happenings...

This is where I am supposed to say - If you are from Hampton Roads - add me to your contact list... If you wish drop a line with an email address - I'll keep it private... But I can email folks directly when I see something going on.. and will let people know if I put up a website - just for us.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:19 PM
paposalsa
Banned

I don't see to many response to this thread and I know that in this area we have a lot of Zs. However, I know that there are around 6 to 7 Zs that are part of a "click" and will not meet or share with other Z owner.

Others are afraid to meet other Z owners and some live acroos the river. So this meet and the website that Darkpath was talking about might bring most of the Z owners of this area together, I hope...
Old 08-06-2009, 04:02 AM
10 TIL 4

^I guess I'm one of those guys you're referring to. I'm affiliated with Versus1 which isn't a car club, just a group of friends that hang out and have the same interests regardless of what kind of car they have. We don't meet up and sit and empty parking lots, not that kind of hanging out. We just tend to lean toward quality parts so the influence is strong.
Old 08-06-2009, 04:39 AM
thepitt02

I would have to agree with 10TIL4 on this one. What fun is it to sit and hang out in an empty parking lot for hours??? We did that occasionally at Bass Pro Shop. I would be straight up, Why drive 45min to Freedom Car Wash to sit in a parking lot for a hour and drive 45min back home
Old 08-06-2009, 06:34 AM
Darkpath

I agree with the last couple of posts.. I am not really up for sitting in a hot parking lot. But I am into a cruise that takes me exploring into the hill country. I am into getting to know other enthusiasts... some of which will likely have some other sub-interests than me... but similarly like the idea of 20 Zs going down the road all together - toward some unknown destination - that turns out to be cool when we get there.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:30 AM
AmorZ_Fati

all previous points are more then true... parking lot meets are pretty pointless. I mean its like "hey is that you z?" *yea man, that urs?* "yea, sweet." I've owned my Z for like 2 months and Ive been biting at the bit to meet up with some guys that actually know something about the Z or cars in general for that reason. I went to a F.Wash and I met some cool folks, saw some nice cars, but it ended there. I'm excited about the next 2-3 meets coming up...I keep having this urge to try and coordinate something for that american indoor kart racing place; those karts are so fun. Who knows...see u guys soon
Old 08-06-2009, 05:04 PM
paposalsa
Banned

Originally Posted by 10 TIL 4
^I guess I'm one of those guys you're referring to. I'm affiliated with Versus1 which isn't a car club, just a group of friends that hang out and have the same interests regardless of what kind of car they have. We don't meet up and sit and empty parking lots, not that kind of hanging out. We just tend to lean toward quality parts so the influence is strong.
I never mention about meeting in empty parking lots! This meet is intended for Z owners to meet each other, put a face to that forum name, make some new friends, share ideas and see each other rides.

BTW, what do u mean by "We just tend to lean toward quality parts so the influence is strong."? Do that mean that if they don't have Volks, SSR, Stillen, etc. on their cars you guys don't want to meet with them or share ideas?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hampton Roads Z owners - Colonial Parkway Cruise