MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   2003-2009 Nissan 350Z (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z-2/)
-   -   350z Color Question (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/103438-350z-color-question.html)

bigworm521 12-21-2004 02:23 PM

350z Color Question

okay my last 3 cars have all been black - and I think it looks good on the Z...but I have read the Z's black is very difficult to keep clean, swirls, etc...

I'm leaning towards a CS or PPW...

How are the other colors with regard to cleaning, dings, etc...

Thanks!

ANXIOUZ 12-21-2004 02:37 PM

I have a Super Black Z and although you can't let it get as dirty, I think it's well worth the effort.

Silverstone should be the easiest to maintain IMO.

dirtyelk 12-21-2004 02:41 PM

i have superblack also, im satisfied , the pain seems fine had it for 2/12 months now no dings or swirls and imo looks the best besides the DB which i dont think is as hard to maintain and is also a very nice color

Santacruzslick 12-21-2004 03:35 PM

The blue is very hard to keep clean also...not as much as the black but still. Everytime I wash it water gets stuck in the mirror. As soon as I close the door water comes flying outta the mirror and drips down the side making water-spots.
BTW---while we're on the subject...does anyone know what these yellow circles are I keep finding on my car? I have no idea where they come from.

bigworm521 12-21-2004 03:42 PM

Originally posted by Santacruzslick
The blue is very hard to keep clean also...not as much as the black but still. Everytime I wash it water gets stuck in the mirror. As soon as I close the door water comes flying outta the mirror and drips down the side making water-spots.
BTW---while we're on the subject...does anyone know what these yellow circles are I keep finding on my car? I have no idea where they come from.

I'd have the circle looked at by a dealer - if the look like they are from the paint and not something you park under. I had a black '95 300Z TT and it turned out the paint job had to be redone (at dealer's cost b/c I moved fast once I noticed it) - worth having them check it out.

Santacruzslick 12-21-2004 03:48 PM

It's not like a defect or anything...it's just these little yellow circles(come right off) that always show-up. I find them on glass sometimes too. I never park under any trees or anything but... I was just assuming it was like...pollen? or something. I'm not worried about it. I'm just curious as to what the heck they are.

ssc 12-21-2004 04:54 PM

i have ppw...i love it

hunter164 12-21-2004 05:30 PM

I have a redline. Cleans up beautiful. Overall, very happy with it.

JoneZZZ 12-21-2004 05:46 PM

Super Black here....personally, I would not trade colors due to problems or anything like that.....get front end rock protection(bra/clearbra of your choice) and then take care of the finish properly from the start...

No matter what color you eventually choose, get some car care tips from the "Detailing" forum here or some others for example.....
http://meguiarsonline.com/

The final color you choose will reward you for the care you take.......

marhot 12-21-2004 06:17 PM

...it's just these little yellow circles(come right off) that always show-up. I find them on glass sometimes too. I'm just curious as to what the heck they are.
Do you have a dog??;)

Armitage 12-21-2004 06:40 PM

It's not like a defect or anything...it's just these little yellow circles(come right off) that always show-up. I find them on glass sometimes too. I never park under any trees or anything but... I was just assuming it was like...pollen? or something. I'm not worried about it. I'm just curious as to what the heck they are.
Sounds like pollen. Its real bad in the spring/summer up in the NE.

DBZCat 12-21-2004 07:47 PM

honestly, I don't think you can get a bad color on the Z, they all look good. I have a DB and don't have a problem with it getting ditry, but that might also be that I zaino it everyweekend....

gunser 12-21-2004 07:47 PM

The only way I'd ever own another black car is if I had a garage, and the car was not a daily driver.

The amount of dirt a daily driver picks up + trying to keep it clean = swirl marks no matter how hard you try.

If your not particular about minor swirls, then it might not be such a big deal.

The best Colors on the Z in my opinion =

Silverstone (I own)
LeMans
Daytona Blue
Liquid Aluminum
Brickyard
Super Black (but see above warning)
2005 solar yeller
Chrome Silver
Pikes Peak White
Redline

sokudo9l6 12-21-2004 07:55 PM

are swirl marks noticeable on the Lemans? I'm deciding on whether i should get the lemans or CS.

SB Track 12-21-2004 08:05 PM

GET PPW. It's so nice! But I had to settle for Super Black because they didn't have a fully loaded 04.5 track in anything else except SS and CS. I just dislike any metallic color a lot...

TurK 12-21-2004 08:18 PM

i to cant make my mind up between PPW and Superblack....sigh SOMEBODY HELP

BENJ-AMG 12-21-2004 08:28 PM

PPW is pretty rare. Probably see less of this color than any other. Being a SS owner, I can say that yes it is very easy to keep clean. Somehow it nearly always seems to look good regardless of the amount of filth on it. I almost settled on a PPW before getting the SS and am glad I waited. To me, the white Z's look less attractive. White cars in general make me feel this way though so maybe I am the wrong person to ask. SB Z's look incredible when they are clean. One of my customers has a SB with BO seats and the stupid thing is always SPOTLESS. It's absolutely gorgeous.:D

sokudo9l6 12-21-2004 09:27 PM

Originally posted by SB Track
GET PPW. It's so nice! But I had to settle for Super Black because they didn't have a fully loaded 04.5 track in anything else except SS and CS. I just dislike any metallic color a lot...
i will get PPW but my current car is white. I want something a little different. To tell you the truth... i can settle for just about any color on the Z. Its a really hard decision.:icon11:

zbrid 12-21-2004 09:42 PM

Originally posted by sokudo9l6
i will get PPW but my current car is white. I want something a little different. To tell you the truth... i can settle for just about any color on the Z. Its a really hard decision.:icon11:

I have a redline , it doesn't show the dirt to bad,But I always keep it clean.

http://www.members.aol.com/steelwork...pics/zpic1.jpg

Risk 12-21-2004 09:49 PM

The LS color is very easy to keep clean. The only way to tell that its dirty is if you write "wash me a$$hole" on it with your finger.:D I too have had a couple black cars and im not going to deal with that anymore. One thing that I can say though is that nothing looks better than a clean black car!