Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Need HELP

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 01:21 AM
md1400cs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need HELP

Upgraded the bose on my new 05 Touring. Car was in the shop three days. Picked it up very very dusty. Leaving country for ten days that evening, so took car to a car wash, so that I could cover it clean before leaving PS: It's first wash!!)
My car is black and now paint is full of fine scratches. Car wash scratched the hell out of paint. Tried waxing a door. That didn't help. I need to deal with it when I get back, any ideas would be so helpful I’m freaking out in Asia thinking about this. Car is less than 10 days old with only 250 miles on it.
Though I have to count my blessings. We had made reservations to be in Phuket, but changed our mind and we are staying in BKK for now. Heaven help those poor 100,000 souls
Thanks in advance for your responses.
MJD
Old 12-30-2004, 07:28 AM
TurK

thats terrible.....i woudnt think twice about a auto carwash...
Old 12-30-2004, 07:31 AM
freqflyer

Try a claybar and Zaino Wax. The Z5 does wonders for covering fine scratches. I would recommend the entire zaino kit. It made my car look great. Whatever you do, do not use an auto car wash.
Old 12-30-2004, 02:55 PM
bobS

wow i know you dont want to hear this but never wash your car at a car wash. I use zymol cleaner wax first to get the fine scratches and swirl marks out. Make sure you put a good coat of this on. Then i use meguiers gold class wax right after. If you use these products back to back, you should eliminate a lot of swirl marks if not all. Remember to use a couple soft white t-shirts to remove the wax. Then go out and buy a sheep wool wash mit to use when you wash your car. I usually put the hose on full blast to blast off all the big particles of dirt before taking the wash mit to it. Also wash from top to bottom when washing the car. To dry the car off i use a california blade to take off all the water after washing, but make sure you spray the whole car before using it so there is a lot of water to take off with the blade. YOu bought a black car so you have to live with constantly taking care of your paint to keep it looking good. After my car is washed it looks amazing IMO and i think all the work is worth it to have that black paint shine.