MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   2003-2009 Nissan 350Z (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z-2/)
-   -   Look at this idiot in a 350Z!!! (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/106185-look-at-this-idiot-in-a-350z.html)

Diesel350 01-13-2005 07:04 AM

Look at this idiot in a 350Z!!!

http://members.aol.com/DallasKRSRider/350Z.html

yobri 01-13-2005 07:13 AM

Severely pwn3d... cell phone drivers annoy the sh!t out of me. Such drivers are usually the ones that are actually the less skilled drivers, at least in my area... :rolleyes:

mdracer76 01-13-2005 07:50 AM

repost ;)

VaLe350z 01-13-2005 08:12 AM

OMG... :icon9:
What a... eeeh... :icon18: :p

Zcool 01-13-2005 08:27 AM

You can find drivers like this who own all variety of cars but I have to admit that the 350Z does seem to attract drivers who are more prone to getting involved in somethng like this.

I would never want to blame the victim for being involved in a crash, especially a fatal one but high performance sports cars do handle very differently from sedans and SUVS.

The age of this driver wasn't mentioned but I would guess that he was inexperienced and propelled by testosterone (i.e. young). When you mix these two factors with inattention (talking on cell phone) you have an accident weaiting to happen. Fortunately the only damage in this case appears to be to property.

JonsilvZ 01-13-2005 12:15 PM

Looks like the Zs front end is toast.

BigMoeTaki42 01-13-2005 01:14 PM

Ouch, at least no one was hurt. Poor bastard, now he has to pay for the jeep, the brickwork on the house, the garage door, and not to mention his own damn car.

zxsaint 01-13-2005 01:26 PM

Poor bastard, now he has to pay for the jeep, the brickwork on the house, the garage door, and not to mention his own damn car.
Unfortunately he won't have to pay for anything. It'll be his insurance company paying for it, while responsible sports car drivers take the blame and get porked.

bamyi 01-13-2005 01:46 PM

Lets not jump to any conclusion yet, so far hes only an idiot. The site did say that for the second time someone has "misjudge the turn". That turn might be tricky or its a blind spot kinda deal. Who knows. Besides, I can gurantee almost everyone has at least talked on the phone while driving our Z. Still......, that poor Z.

SB Track 01-13-2005 03:46 PM

Originally posted by zxsaint
Unfortunately he won't have to pay for anything. It'll be his insurance company paying for it, while responsible sports car drivers take the blame and get porked.
+1 :(

I'm a kid too, and sometimes I start to do something stupid but then remember that I'm unexperienced. It gets me to stop the things I want to do sometimes.

Jun 01-13-2005 04:29 PM

alright, fess up, who was it? :p

AzianToby 01-13-2005 05:36 PM

People are stupid... and stupid people should only be allowed to drive mopeds.

all_bark 01-13-2005 05:42 PM

Originally posted by AzianToby
85 - 90 % of America would be on mopeds! and I am being generous!!!!!!!:D

DavesZ#3 01-13-2005 06:09 PM

Originally posted by zxsaint
Unfortunately he won't have to pay for anything. It'll be his insurance company paying for it
That's not always true. If he has minimum coverage, it may not be enough to pay for all that damage. In LA, minimum coverage is only $25K, that's enough to cover the Z but what about the house, Jeep and everything else? One of the dangers in thinking all you need is the minimum is hitting a $60K hummer, MB, BMW, etc.

marhot 01-13-2005 06:19 PM

Dope...

seanrulz 01-13-2005 06:57 PM

Man, Z had a long way to go until it finds its home at other people's garage. How the heck fast was the guy driving anyway? It seems like it's a long way to stop.
And how can people manage to talk on a cellphone driving 6spd manual car anyway? When I drive my Z, I mostly don't pick up the phone simply because it just gives me too much hassle. (I need my left hand to steer, right hand to shift)
People, if you wanna talk while you are driving, get bluetooth or hands free set!!! :mad:

DBZ 01-13-2005 06:57 PM

Originally posted by AzianToby
No wonder Europe and Southeast Asia (Tsunami-land) are teeming with mopeds. They're all idiots.

:D

Actually, riding a moped, would mean actually being able to balance oneself on it, like riding a bicycle, which means add a cell phone, donut, lip stick, starbucks coffee and an ipod and 80-90% of American drivers would be dead. . .which would help alleviate the traffic problem in So. Cal.

Nissan will need to offer a brush guard option on the 350z, (kind of like the cow rake thing in front of old time locomotives) to push away all the fallen mopeds and moped riders on the 405.:icon17:

DBZ 01-13-2005 07:00 PM

Originally posted by seanrulz
Man, Z had a long way to go until it finds its home at other people's garage. How the heck fast was the guy driving anyway? It seems like it's a long way to stop.
And how can people manage to talk on a cellphone driving 6spd manual car anyway? When I drive my Z, I mostly don't pick up the phone simply because it just gives me too much hassle. (I need my left hand to steer, right hand to shift)
People, if you wanna talk while you are driving, get bluetooth or hands free set!!! :mad:

Could have run over a rabbit (squissy) lost traction and crashed. Or had cell phone in left hand, shifting with right and trying to steer with his baby arm.:D

Mantis3024 01-13-2005 07:03 PM

wow, he was airborne before all that crashing and stuff happened. At least the *** on it still looks hot.

afr0puff 01-13-2005 08:53 PM

Originally posted by bamyi
Lets not jump to any conclusion yet, so far hes only an idiot. The site did say that for the second time someone has "misjudge the turn". That turn might be tricky or its a blind spot kinda deal. Who knows.
But the thousands that drive through that turn don't have a problem.

As a kid I used to play in my driveway all the time.

As an adult, I still play in my driveway all the time, albeit for different reasons.