Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Does my door stand a chance in court

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 05:08 AM
afy4u

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Z-Stalker
geico sucks... you have to fight them to get anything repaired decently. They will send it to the crapiest shop around. I've never heard anyone with geico who was satisfied with how the repair work or claim was handled.

They're great, until you file a claim.

Z-Stalker

Even though you were sent to this body shop by Geico, you have the right to take it to any shop YOU want. As for them refixing the door, you can make them do it if you did not do a final signoff with the shop. Didn't you do a walk around to check the car after it was repaired??
Attached Thumbnails Does my door stand a chance in court-nissan-350z-roadster-6.jpg  
Old 01-20-2005, 05:34 AM
orhanz33

daamn! that car looks heavy as hell!
Old 01-20-2005, 07:38 AM
R.J._Vancouver

Originally posted by kcobean
Now you know why you "save up to %15 by switching to Geico"

Keep in mind this is the same company that took some portion of their policy holders money and gave, yes gave, it to several police departments in the form of....you guessed it...Laser speed guns.

More tickets=higher policy costs=more profit with no additional payouts.

Dicks.
Geico is not here in Canada, but I have read about this.
They even started calling the particular model of laser gun the "Geico gun"

Geico loaned the cash short company Laser Technology $950 000
to complete their design of the LTI 20-20 gun.

Last edited by R.J._Vancouver; 01-20-2005 at 07:46 AM.
Old 01-20-2005, 08:22 AM
Z-Stalker

Even though you were sent to this body shop by Geico, you have the right to take it to any shop YOU want. As for them refixing the door, you can make them do it if you did not do a final signoff with the shop. Didn't you do a walk around to check the car after it was repaired??
My friend had to do a Geico claim and they did let him take it to any shop he wanted. Then the adjuster fought the shop no end about what had to be replaced or repaired. They will then force the shop to use the cheapest parts possible. My friend had to fight with them all the way to get his car properly repaired. In the end he managed to get it done properly then promptly switched insurance companies.

Z-Stalker
Old 01-20-2005, 08:25 AM
Z-Stalker

I had Allstate when my FD Rx-7 was rear ended. They did ask the shop to use OEM parts but were easily convinced that Mazda parts were the way to go. I didn't have to get involved at all. There was no battle at all between the shop and Allstate. I took it to one of the best shops in Atlanta and in the end had a beautiful hassle free $12,000 repair.

Z-Stalker
Old 01-20-2005, 02:46 PM
andyisphat2004

Originally posted by afy4u
YOU are right i could have taken it to anyone i wanted, however there are only certain shops that gieco will guarantee, so if i had gone to a different shop and it had not been fixed correctly, then geico would not do anything to fix it. As for walking around it when i got it, yeah except it was dark out when i picked it up, and the dents are only noticible in the light and when you catch it at the right angle. (nontheless they are there though, and it should be repaired to the condition prior to accident). When I went back to the shop where it was done, they said it was the best they could do and to talk to geico.

On that note, I WOULD NEVER GO TO CHEVY NORTH IN CHARLESTON again.
Old 01-20-2005, 08:06 PM
mrbader

Any shop that says this is the best we can do should either close their doors... or hire better body and paint guys. "the best we can do" is no excuse for an unhappy customer.

I say stand outside their doors with a pick it sign.

Unfortunately you may have to wait til the next door ding to get that fixed.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:48 PM
Risk

Its that little lizzard ****ers fault.
Old 01-20-2005, 10:25 PM
peterhong

Had to chime in here because I just read a similar post. I know for a fact that Geico is horrible with their claims because I practice Personal Injury claims over here in California.

As for your concerns, you are never SOL, simply due to the fact that you can complain as many times as you want, and that might produce results. HOWEVER, you have one big negative against you --- When you picked up the car that was supposedly repaired to perfection, you were given the opportunity to inspect the car. At first glance, I'm sure everything looked okay and you were more than eager to just get back into your car after driving around in a rental for a few weeks. But, here's the catch -- After inspecting the car, you then proceeded to the office and signed some paperwork which essentially released the bodyshop from any further claims against them and that the car was repaired to your satisfaction. Therefore, you are technically out of luck.

I too have had my door repaired by some hater who decided to kick in my door. If you stand at the side of the car, you will clearly notice that the sheet outside the door was not replaced, but it was simply just nailed and pulled out, then repainted/reclearcoated, etc... You will never see the thing looking straight on. But since it is your car and we are all extra sensitive when it comes to our own cars, go ahead and keep those phone calls rolling and if they refuse to do anything, take it to another body shop and get an estimate. You can then choose to have it repaired and file against the other body shop and/or Geico for the difference. PM me if you have any questions.