Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

married couples - who drives the Z ?

Old 01-20-2005, 06:36 AM
drift350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Low J.
Xterra, Explorer, Liberty, Highlander, 4Runner, Rodeo, Armada, Navigator, Murano.......does everyone's wife have an SUV???? What ever happened to CARS!!!!!!! Every time a woman drives a gas hogging house sized SUV by herself a puppy dies..........seriously, a Navigator??? What for exactly???
to **** you off.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:04 AM
Donny_b

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Xterra, Explorer, Liberty, Highlander, 4Runner, Rodeo, Armada, Navigator.......does everyone's wife have an SUV???? What ever happened to CARS!!!!!!! Every time a woman drives a gas hogging house sized SUV by herself a puppy dies..........seriously, a Navigator??? What for exactly???
Low....We have Three boys. Two Teenagers and one Ten year old. They all play Hockey. Try getting a family of five and gear in a "car". If it make you feel better she's a house wife and stays at home.....db
Old 01-20-2005, 07:50 AM
Bertg

My wife doesn't know how to drive stick, so the Z is all mine. She drives either her I30 or the family Sequoia SUV.
Old 01-20-2005, 08:45 AM
curious1

The Z is mine, if the weather is nice the wife drives her Mustang GT, if it's rainy and the streets are flooded she drives our Jeep Wrangler 'cause it's lifted 4" and runs on 33" tires; she can see over the traffic and go through the deep puddles.
Old 01-20-2005, 08:47 AM
molZoncdn

Xterra, Explorer, Liberty, Highlander, 4Runner, Rodeo, Armada, Navigator, Murano.......does everyone's wife have an SUV???? What ever happened to CARS!!!!!!! Every time a woman drives a gas hogging house sized SUV by herself a puppy dies..........seriously, a Navigator??? What for exactly???
My wife has the murano because it makes her happy.

When my wife is happy, my life is smooth sailing.

F*ck the puppies, if it means I get lucky.

She looks hot driving our 6sp brickyard as well, so I don't mind if she drives it time to time.

I need to go for a drive.......
Old 01-20-2005, 08:52 AM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not all SUVs are gas guzzlers; our Highlander gets 22-25 MPH.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:13 AM
mpowers

I bought the Z with out the consent of the wife. In saying that it is my money that pays for it. Hell for that fact I traded that one in and bought another one. She drives it at the autocross and once in a blue moon to work (works two miles from the house and private parking). Other wise she has a 89' 300E BENZ and a 00' Cherokee sports. The car sits more than driven and I usually drive her Cherokee. She refuses to have a car payment and she is happy with her cars. But she really enjoys driving the Z, but always will ask if she can. BTW I am selling her Jeep wanna buy it, I dispise the thing.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:17 AM
mpowers

Oh to be fair, She had two Z's in 04' that were hers an 86 300ZXT which was perfect and a 91 300ZXTT which was fun. Sold both.
Old 01-20-2005, 10:49 AM
Darthvol

Originally posted by cat2102
Actuaully it is pretty funny, when he drives the car and people ask about it, he is like I dunno it's my wife... LOL, can't believe he doesn't pass it off as his own car..
If you're like my wife, he knows he could never get away w/it. My wife used to have an S2000 when I was stuck w/a Maxima, and of course, I LOVED to drive the S, but every time someone else rode w/me, or I met someone for lunch, etc., she always managed to speak w/them later and ask, "Did he tell you it's his? Well, it's not; it's mine!" As a result, I ALWAYS said it was hers, even if complimented by a nice looking lady on the car.

On the original question of the poster, my wife and I now BOTH have Z roadsters, with an Avalanche as our third vehicle. ZWEEET!!

And cat, it's off topic, but I've gotta ask--is the avatar you? If so, I'm impressed by the textbook hitting form, i.e., head down, hitting against a straight front leg, etc. Sometimes young men only interested in muscling one out of the park can learn alot about fundamentals from girls who play softball.
Old 01-20-2005, 10:55 AM
Low J.
Banned

Xterra, Explorer, Liberty, Highlander, 4Runner, Rodeo, Armada, Navigator, Murano, Cherokee, Avalanche.....

Just interesting to keep a running tally on this. The prevalence of SUV's and large trucks in the USA still amazes me I guess.
Old 01-20-2005, 10:57 AM
KingofScion

My wife drives a Scion tC, and can't drive stick so, I am 100% the 350Z driver
Old 01-20-2005, 03:00 PM
Darthvol

Xterra, Explorer, Liberty, Highlander, 4Runner, Rodeo, Armada, Navigator, Murano, Cherokee, Avalanche.....

Just interesting to keep a running tally on this. The prevalence of SUV's and large trucks in the USA still amazes me I guess.
Low J., I know my response to you is off the topic posted by the thread-starter, but you've tried to hijack the thread anyway with the repeated anti-SUV posts, so I've gotta ask:

What's the point? A couple of your earlier posts seem to have a decidedly PC tilt, but for the life of me, I can't figure out why someone who bought into the gas guzzler SUV/full size pickup=decreased ozone=global warming=melting polar ice cap=flooding, followed by next ice age=OMG, we're all gonna die! --type mentality would buy a Z.

If those DO happen to be your sincere beliefs, why not be true to them and buy a 4 cyl. hybrid rather than a non-economical 6 cyl. gas only sports car like a Z? Not too PC, "environmentally conscious," or "progressive"!

And if the concern for puppies is real rather than facetious, please be advised that more people kill puppies and cats with cars which are low to the ground than with trucks and SUVs, with which you can often straddle, if not outright dodge, the critter. And to confess my own demographic bias, I am a conservative, yes, but I nonetheless own both dogs and cats which live indoors, have rescued both from animal shelters and regularly donate to animal welfare organizations, none of which is inconsistent with land barge ownership. I loves m'Z, but I also love my 'LANCH!
Old 01-20-2005, 04:18 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

just for the record ive never seen an suv "safely" stradle a wandering animal bigger then a bunny
Old 01-20-2005, 06:08 PM
speedzz

My wife can't drive a stick and I occasionally ask if she wants to learn. She's not interested in learning but its nice to ask from time to time.

She drives an 02 Acura TLS so it was my turn to buy. I might be in for a rude awakening when she has the next choice of vehicles. Can you say Benz!
Old 01-20-2005, 06:33 PM
Genji

My wife is Japanese and on the small side. In the Z she has to move the seat all the way forward to be able to reach the pedals. I pointed out (in a very concerned way) that if the airbag went off she'd be killed...

So, The Z's all mine!
Old 01-20-2005, 08:06 PM
Darthvol

Originally posted by ihatethatbobbarker
just for the record ive never seen an suv "safely" stradle a wandering animal bigger then a bunny
I agree. He said "puppies." I likewise mentioned only puppies and critters, not a Great Dane, a Rottie, or a deer, for goodness sake. I live out in the country, and I have "safely" straddled skunks, 'possums, squirrels, chipmunks, groundhogs, assorted rodents, puppies, cats, raccoons, and yes, bunnies in my Avalanche.

OTOH, I have hit, and either injured or killed, many of the above (actually, I think not a puppy) in my Z, due to the fact that you can't always dodge a critter safely, especially at night, and the Z sits extremely low compared to the Avalanche. My point was simply that ALL vehicles pose a threat to "wandering" wildlife; I don't think SUVs pose a greater risk than sports cars.
Old 01-20-2005, 08:48 PM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by cat2102
this is why you should have gotten a manual Z, then we wouldn't be having this conversation would we???
My thoughts exactly.
Old 01-20-2005, 11:12 PM
maxwell72764

No kids to haul. Wife drives the Miata and I get the ZR. Yep, we're a couple of rag lovers. We have a SantaFe for bad weather and doing the Lowes/WalMart thing. She is Japanese and only 4'8" tall and with the seat all the way forward and a pillow behind her back, she can just touch the pedals but not fully depress the clutch *gee, that's too bad* so I HAVE to do all the driving in the Z (aren't I a sport?).
Old 01-21-2005, 05:42 AM
Low J.
Banned

Originally posted by Darthvol
Low J., I know my response to you is off the topic posted by the thread-starter, but you've tried to hijack the thread anyway with the repeated anti-SUV posts, so I've gotta ask:

What's the point? A couple of your earlier posts seem to have a decidedly PC tilt, but for the life of me, I can't figure out why someone who bought into the gas guzzler SUV/full size pickup=decreased ozone=global warming=melting polar ice cap=flooding, followed by next ice age=OMG, we're all gonna die! --type mentality would buy a Z.

If those DO happen to be your sincere beliefs, why not be true to them and buy a 4 cyl. hybrid rather than a non-economical 6 cyl. gas only sports car like a Z? Not too PC, "environmentally conscious," or "progressive"!

And if the concern for puppies is real rather than facetious, please be advised that more people kill puppies and cats with cars which are low to the ground than with trucks and SUVs, with which you can often straddle, if not outright dodge, the critter. And to confess my own demographic bias, I am a conservative, yes, but I nonetheless own both dogs and cats which live indoors, have rescued both from animal shelters and regularly donate to animal welfare organizations, none of which is inconsistent with land barge ownership. I loves m'Z, but I also love my 'LANCH!

I'm no tree hugger....that's not the issue for me. I just don't understand why people would want to drive something as big as my first apartment that costs so much to operate and handles like a turd and is about as fast as a John Deere tractor. These behemoths are a safety hazard......a quick viewing of the news here during the snow we got the other day showed that pretty clearly.....and the 4 SUV's/Trucks that nearly crashed into me coming home in that mess.
Old 01-21-2005, 06:17 AM
CJ2pilot

I'm in North Carolina right now and my wife is back in Florida. She wants to trade out cars and let me drive her IS300 for a while and she'll drive the Z. HELP!!!!!!!!!!! LOL