Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

www.nissantireproblems.com

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 08:33 AM
mattvols

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default www.nissantireproblems.com

If you are having tire feathering, you might want to check out this site and join the class action lawsuit against Nissan.
Old 02-03-2005, 08:36 AM
002-M-P

yea tire feathering sucks, but IMHO if they good about warrantying it they aren't doing all bad. Now as soon as the dealerships become less willing to warranty stuff, that is when action should be taken.
Old 02-03-2005, 08:39 AM
mattvols

Originally posted by 002-M-P
yea tire feathering sucks, but IMHO if they good about warrantying it they aren't doing all bad. Now as soon as the dealerships become less willing to warranty stuff, that is when action should be taken.
Guess who pays when the tires when they out of warranty? I hope you can afforid it, or sell your car before it happens! I am on my third set of front tires in 27,000 miles. Nissan Corporate Headquarters told me I am **** out of luck when my warranty expires. They will do the same to others too. Warranty is warranty till it expires, but a design flaw is a design flaw, thus the reason for a class action lawsuit.
Old 02-03-2005, 08:45 AM
mdacko

yep its a good idea for when youre out of warrenty
Old 02-03-2005, 09:28 AM
King Tut

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by mattvols
Guess who pays when the tires when they out of warranty? I hope you can afforid it, or sell your car before it happens! I am on my third set of front tires in 27,000 miles. Nissan Corporate Headquarters told me I am **** out of luck when my warranty expires. They will do the same to others too. Warranty is warranty till it expires, but a design flaw is a design flaw, thus the reason for a class action lawsuit.
The class action lawsuit will do nothing except make some company a lot of money. You will probably never see a dime, and Nissan is obviously not going to change anything. You know there are people in this country that actually buy tires when they wear out. Also if they aren't happy with the performance or noise of a perticular tire, then they select another tire. We all know the Shitenzas have issues as the IS300 and RX-8 boys have also had problems with them. Myabe you should start a class action lawsuit against Bridgestone. When you finally decide to pay for your tires, pick another company and see what happens.
Old 02-03-2005, 12:04 PM
BigMoeTaki42

I don't think you guys are going to get very far. But good luck anyway.
Old 02-03-2005, 02:26 PM
axxizzer

I joined a class action law-suit against my mortgage company years ago for a flat fee. I never saw any money come out of it even though they won the damn thing! They sent me letters thanking me for my money while they blew it all on hookers and booze(prolly)

Theres almost nothing I hate more than being stolen from, so that hit one of my nerves.

I wish there was a class-action lawsuit against that first class action firm

but then they are probably one and the same anyway and would laugh drunkenly with their hookers.
Old 02-03-2005, 02:40 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

geez just buy a better suspension setup, not like the Z's is super great anyway...
Old 02-04-2005, 04:59 AM
mattvols

Originally posted by King Tut
The class action lawsuit will do nothing except make some company a lot of money. You will probably never see a dime, and Nissan is obviously not going to change anything. You know there are people in this country that actually buy tires when they wear out. Also if they aren't happy with the performance or noise of a perticular tire, then they select another tire. We all know the Shitenzas have issues as the IS300 and RX-8 boys have also had problems with them. Myabe you should start a class action lawsuit against Bridgestone. When you finally decide to pay for your tires, pick another company and see what happens.
You are probably right that I won't see a dime from the lawsuit. However, asking me to buy tires every 8000 miles is insane! I don't care if I do see a dime. I just want Nissan to have to lose big money to somoene for their design flaw that is screwing over many owners like myself.
Old 02-04-2005, 09:50 AM
AZZGUY

Originally posted by mattvols
You are probably right that I won't see a dime from the lawsuit. However, asking me to buy tires every 8000 miles is insane! I don't care if I do see a dime. I just want Nissan to have to lose big money to somoene for their design flaw that is screwing over many owners like myself.
11,000+ miles here - and tires show no wear! Guess the happy people rarely tell others! I'll keep you posted if any change.
Old 02-04-2005, 11:21 AM
jackie chan

seriously if you want 20k out of a set of tires, buy a cavalier and rotate them every 5k
Old 02-04-2005, 01:49 PM
slaponte

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please! My Expy can get 50K+ out of a set, but that ain't the point. You seriously think that asking for 20K miles of the Z is too much to ask? I never track the thing, I just drive it to work on the city at 45MPH avg at best... at 24K, 3rd set up front, second set on the back... :-(
Old 02-05-2005, 08:10 AM
jackie chan

try different tires. rotating the stock gatorbacks on my stang i got 10k miles out of them. I bought a set of sumitomo's, was harder on them, and got 20k out of them.

20k out of a set of tires that cant be rotated IS too much to ask. My mom could barely get 15k on her c4 vette back in the day, and she really does drive like an old lady