Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Stares/thumbsups/waves

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 05:32 PM
pj550v12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was workin at the restaurant about 2 weeks ago. My last table of the night happened to be this cool younger couple. Anyways right when they left I left and it just so happened to parked right next to me. I walked to my car and they were in theirs already, I start to hear laughing coming from in their car. The guy rolls down the window and was like "dude is that your car" I just told him yeah its mine and hes like "man my girlfriend wants to date you, she thinks thats the hottest car ever, nice man" I really didn't know what to do but smile. Thats just one of the stories I have. The Z is still pretty rare around me so I get a lot of attention
Old 04-05-2005, 05:48 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In my Mr2 a buddy and I were crusing on PCH in Sunset Beach. We stopped at the light in front of the Harbor House Cafe and some older MILF flashed us her *******
Old 04-05-2005, 06:00 PM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rickdogg
In my Mr2 a buddy and I were crusing on PCH in Sunset Beach. We stopped at the light in front of the Harbor House Cafe and some older MILF flashed us her *******
Hahahahaha... nice!! (.)(.)

As if I wasn't anxious enough... you guys gotta go and tell all these stories.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:09 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A couple days ago I was rolling 4-5 mph in traffic. I'm usually fixed head forward like a horse, ignoring most stares, enjoying the music.

When people stare I don't want to make them uncomfortable by giving everyone eye contact, so once again...

All of a sudden I start to realize another car pacing me on my left. I look over and this guy in his mid-thirties is giving this frantic wave. His wife/girlfriend is driving, keeping pace while he screams:

"Nice ride, it's beautiful!"

Then I notice his wife/girlfriend turning her head over with a big grin.
The guy faces the road and screams! "Hunny STOP!!!!"

Their car goes to screeeeeching halt, inches away from the car ahead.

I felt so bad for em but couldn't help but laugh. waved and was on my way.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:44 PM
engiNERD350Z

I've had the car for 1 1/2 weeks, and many compliments just as I step out of the car just about anywhere. The first day I had it I was parked at a restaurant at night and it was nice and clean. I was seated near the window where I could see my baby. Every single person that walked by within that 45 minutes looked, turned their heads, and/or pointed at the car as they were passing it heading into or out of the restaurant. =D
Old 04-06-2005, 03:27 AM
FUCHAOWNAOFdaZ

Default So awesome

I can't believe how many people love this car. I thought it was just a regular high class sports car. Jesus, people do all that??!?!?!? I'm definetely getting this car in December.

Hey guys do you think this car will still have its head turning abilities by December or not?
Old 04-06-2005, 03:43 AM
Faluzure

Originally Posted by FUCHAOWNAOFdaZ
I can't believe how many people love this car. I thought it was just a regular high class sports car. Jesus, people do all that??!?!?!? I'm definetely getting this car in December.

Hey guys do you think this car will still have its head turning abilities by December or not?
It all depends on how many 350Zs are in your area. If they are a dime a dozen, you probably won't get many stares. I still think I have the least stares than any other 350Z owner. I keep my car in great condition but maybe I just don't notice it. I never see people glance over or anything.
Old 04-06-2005, 04:18 AM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Considering theres only a little bit more than 100k produced in the US, I think it'll turn heads whereever it goes for some time.
Old 04-06-2005, 05:44 AM
350ceo

last night at my g/f's place a group of kids (9-11) came running up to the car from the street as i walked towards it yelling Mr. Mr. (made me feel old, im only 24) is that your car!!!! WOW!!! can we see the inside. Fire it up and rev the engine. A collective WHOA!!!! rings out. Is this a Porsche? someone asks, LOL. i explained its a Nissan 350Z and it could take a Porsche Boxster. I'm sure at least one of them will own a used 350Z as their first car in 2012 when they finally get their license thanks to yesterday's encounter.
Old 04-06-2005, 06:21 AM
HenryLee

When I first got my car I went out to a nice restaurant with my gf to celebrate. The valet took my car and said "don't worry sir, I'll take care of it". We had reservations so our seater takes us to a booth in the front of the restaurant. I look out of the window and see the valet get out of my car: he parked it between a 911 and a new BMW 7 series.

I was like "wow!". Mind you I didn't tip him before or say anything to him as I pulled up, so I was pretty shocked. That's when I knew I got the right car....

That's just one of many stories...but the best IMO.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:59 AM
FUCHAOWNAOFdaZ

Default Damn

I live in Virginia. So I guess I won't get as many stares, but I love this car and cannot wait to get it.
Old 04-06-2005, 01:03 PM
RED HOT Z

I do tend to get alot of stares and waves but it never happens when my girl is sitting next to me. Plus I'm young and my car is red. When I tell my girl she never believes me.
Old 04-06-2005, 06:02 PM
35oZephyR

Almost forgot,

I was cruising around downtown one night looking for parking.

Got flagged down by a bouncer for a club once. He stood in a spot and waved me over, while insisting that I park in front of their club and they'll "keep an eye on it".

Funny thing was I wasn't even going to THAT club, just looking for any spot in downtown on a Saturday night.

Had folks in line ask "what kinda wheels" "what size" "how fast" "do you like it?" questions. I had to run down the block.
Old 04-06-2005, 06:19 PM
kinjal

I just got the thumbs up today from a 50 year old guy driving a sweet Cadillac XLR, with the top down, and his license reading "FRM SNTA". i thought it was cool how someone with an 80,000 car gave me props on my modified z! he made my drive home alot happier.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:24 PM
phreezee

Sitting at a stop light, I see a SUV start making a left turn. All of a sudden it stops in the middle of the road even though he had no omcoming traffic. He's leaning over his wife in the passenger seat to stare at the Z. He stared for at least 8 seconds in the intersection until his wife slapped him on the arm and snapped him out of it. He proceeded to make his turn and go about his business.

I was surprised that the Z could "stop traffic"!
Old 04-07-2005, 02:43 PM
Z-Stalker

Well my favorite was when I was filling it up with gas one night and right next to me is a G35. Both cars were very clean and two girls come out of the gas station, walk by the G35 and say to me "Nice car!". G35 guy here's it and we both look at each other for a second. I just shrugged my shoulders. hehe

Z-Stalker
Old 04-07-2005, 03:25 PM
b_nazty

i get alot of naked chicks running after me in the z when im driving...j/k but alot of stares and compliments...i think it will be like that for a while just because the z is pure beauty
Old 04-07-2005, 04:12 PM
kinjal

Originally Posted by Z-Stalker
Well my favorite was when I was filling it up with gas one night and right next to me is a G35. Both cars were very clean and two girls come out of the gas station, walk by the G35 and say to me "Nice car!". G35 guy here's it and we both look at each other for a second. I just shrugged my shoulders. hehe

Z-Stalker
hahahah thats sweeet. my sis has a g35 with the factory front lip and spoiler... and to be honest, the z just looks way cooler. g35's without any aerodynamic mods look plain imo. the factory effect do wonders for her car, i noticed especially when i was driving her car one day and i parked next to anothr g35, silverstone like hers, and with none of the aero effects. it looked like 2 different cars! the main reasons are thait my sis has tints, the big *** spoiler, and the factory aero kit comes with a nice aftermarket-looking front lip. but i see her car and mine everyday, and trust me, mine looks better
Old 04-07-2005, 04:47 PM
Masterfulks

Happens all the time...

One time I was sitting at a red light and this guy pulls up next to me. He motions for me to roll my window down. I thought he was going to ask directions, but he just wanted to tell me that he liked my car and if it was fast.
Old 04-07-2005, 05:14 PM
harrieyu

2 girls were joggin on central park west as i was driving by and they go "hey" so i look and one of em goes "nice wheels" hahaha i was like wdup~~~~

then at school i was parked waiting for a spot and this guy walks by and i wasn't paying attention but he walks by and asks if the car is as fast as it looks. hahaha then he walks by again with his friend and they go "its standing still and it looks fast. i just smiled on the inside. makes me proud to be sitting in a car that looks fast as the speedometer reads "0 mph" i dont even think the engine was on...reminds me of the commercial of the celica i think where a grandfather with a cane yells at the car thats parked "slow down, this is a neighborhood!"