Old 04-05-2005, 08:16 AM
FUCHAOWNAOFdaZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stares/thumbsups/waves

Anyone got a story to share
Old 04-05-2005, 08:25 AM
capnfrantic

Kids in my Mother-in-law's neighborhood telling me to slow down... they were taking pictures of the Z with their camera phones! Freaked me out at first because I always go slow thru that neighborhood.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:31 AM
yobri
350Z-holic

Nothing big, but had this one guy waving a white shirt in a circular motion out of his sunroof one Saturday morning on Hwy 101. Guess that was when the 350Z was pretty new to the auto market.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:24 AM
ANXIOUZ

My favorite was when I had just come back to the office from lunch. I got out of the car while 4 of my good-natured co-workers were walking by. The 4 responses were as follows:

"Whoa. What are you, James Bond?"
"I no longer like my car."
::shakes head::
"Damn, how much are we paying you?"
Old 04-05-2005, 10:13 AM
Faluzure

When I went to Cincinnati on Sunday to meet the Ohio Z owners, we were driving back to Cinci on I-71 with a line of about 6 Zs. We were weaving around traffic and I was 4th place. I see this car full of pretty hot looking college girls up ahead to my left. I passed them pretty fast and I look in my rearview mirror and I see a girl in the passenger seat whip out her digital camera and take a couple pictures. I slow down to let them catch up and they pull up on my left. They all wave at me and laugh. I smile back and stay steady with them a bit. I motion for the last 2 Zs to pass me. I take one last glance at the cute girls and then gun it to catch up with the rest of the guys. When we make our exit on a ramp, I notice a minivan with 2 teenage Asian girls wave at me as I pass. It was pretty cool because I never got attention when I was in my Z back in Kentucky. Being in a pack of Zs really makes you stick out. I thought it was really cool.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:15 AM
JThrilla

The first test drive I had in my SB Performance was at night and the thing had just been cleaned. I pulled up next to this car of 3 kids at a stop light and they all just stared at the car gawking. I was sold on the car right then. It's the coolest feeling to pull up, have people stare at the car, then look at me like "how the hell did your punk a$$ afford THAT car?"....I look like I'm 17.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:19 AM
Alang

I got my car in Aug of '02, and it was the only one around for many months. I was sitting at a traffic light about a month after I got the car. The intersection was the exit to the 55+ community near my house. I happened to be at the head of the line of cars waiting for the light to change. A very old couple driving an '80s era plymouth came through the intersection and both of them were giving me a thumbs up and had great big grins on their faces. I don't know why, but that really sticks out.

About a month after that, I was getting into my car in a parking lot when a guy in a WRX drove up. We chatted for a bit, and he drove over to the drive-thru coffee shack about 30 feet away. I was messing around with my CDs as he drives back to my car and tells me that the girls in the coffee shack want to see my car. So I drove over and showed it to them. That was really wierd, cuz these girls know nothing about cars (and before you ask, no they weren't hot), so it was a quick conversation.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:35 AM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had more than one person tell me they love my Porsche. With my kit on, my car does look a tad like a 930 slant-nose. Others who play like they know what's going on ask if my widebody was a factory option (and my kit is not a WB kit.) I take 'em all quite humbly though, as the attention is flattering.

The usual slew of kids with camera phones and such, of course. I usually slow down to give them time to take the photo if I can.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:51 AM
GWAPITO69

The driver in the 5 series bmw stopped next to me just to stare at my car gave me thumbs up and yelled great looking car. the next day i parked my car in front of ethan allen store and the store manager came out just to look at my car and congratulate me for haveng a nice ride. all this happened last year when theres only a few z around.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:27 AM
nlsqba

I get more complements on my "stock" car then I get on my "upgraded" girl (and trust me she is pretty hot)

now seriously: people like Z's a lot. Everytime I am at the car wash people talk about my baby and all i hear is complements.

People think that Z is fast... one guy in a vette thought I was TT stock

Other then that Z is a chick-magnet. You dont even know how many times girls ask me about my car... as they would know something about cars
Old 04-05-2005, 11:47 AM
St@inless

A few weeks ago ... I was parked at a local mexican restaurant, in the back away from all other cars, when this couple walked by on there way in. The girl must have turned around and looked back at my car 5 times as they walked ... finally getting her boyfriends attention. They both stopped and looked at the car for a few seconds pointing = that was a cool feeling stealing away HER attention like that!
Old 04-05-2005, 11:57 AM
pgh2atl

I stopped at a gas station the other day & a family (Parent & two kids) pulled up on the other side of the pumped. I went inside to pay & when I came back out the kid is standing next to my car. Next thing I know a flash goes off! I looked over to my left & the Dad was holding a digital camera. He quickly explained to me that his son thought my car was "Batmans Car" (I have a SUper Black Z w/ tinted windows) & wanted to take a picture of it. I guessed he figured I'd be pissed about his kid being next to my car. There weren't any fingerprints on the car or anything, so I know the kid didn't touch the car. The kid kept saying "Batmans car! Batmans car!" as he made his way back to his car. I thought it was pretty neat that this 3-4 year thought I was Batman! Well.....at least he thought my car was the Bat Mobile.......LOL!
Old 04-05-2005, 02:11 PM
Zexy

I was once riding through a school zone around town with a bunch of small kids. A group of them stare and drool. Then one of them asks "Hey does that car have lamborghini doors?" lmao...Kids.

I have ocasionally caught a glare of a few camera flashes while driving at night time.

I remember a group of tourists in a shuttle looking out the window gawking, druling, and staring.

but I think the attention is hilarious for some reason...
Old 04-05-2005, 02:55 PM
bobig

here's my favorite story...last week i pulled into a gas station by my house. as i was opening the fuel cap, i noticed a guy on a cell phone approaching me. when i looked up, he points at my ZR, gives a thumbs up and saids, "hey man, nice rice...i love that design." i was kind of suprise and quickly replied by saying thanks.
as i was filling up, i looked to see what this guy was driving...a red porsche 911. i couldn't help but smile.
Old 04-05-2005, 03:12 PM
ANXIOUZ

This afternoon I was stopped at a light and this old guy (60-ish) pulled up next to me in a Camry. He was like "Just gorgeous. I love the lines. Beautiful. How do you like it? Very nice. If this truck wasn't in front of me I'd race you." LMAO. He was really cool. He took off from the light really slowly so that he could watch me from behind and I saw him stretching his neck a bit.

It made me feel good.
Old 04-05-2005, 03:23 PM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

A trolly tour full of tourists was going over a bridge down the street. It always stops at the top so people can look over the water. As I went by I noticed they were all watching me go by instead. LOL
I thought it was pretty funny the way the driver was probably talking about the dolphins in our bay, while the passengers were looking at cars go by. LOL
Old 04-05-2005, 03:57 PM
bobS

My buddy and i went to bimmerfest in NYC and he has a 95 m3 that is very nicely modded. It was his first time in the Z and he really liked it and asked me if i get a lot of attention and i said def. It just so happens on the way back we were driving on the turnpike and a car with two guys in front and 3 girls in back swerves real awkwardly in front of me and slowed down. At first i was kinda pissed but then noticed the guys handing thier digi cams back to the girls. 2 out of the three girls took pics and then slowed down and took pics from the side. My buddy was like, wtf! your stock! and i laughed and said i know its crazy. I wonder what they even do with those pictures???!?
Old 04-05-2005, 04:34 PM
JonsilvZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Back in early 03. Everywhere I went with the Z I got fingerpointing,stares,people stopping me in traffic and asking questions. Damn I said to myself this Z is some car! Well it felt like I died and went to heaven when I first picked it up.
Old 04-05-2005, 05:18 PM
lebby-pooh

i get alot of comments everywhere i go....mostly at drive thrus
Old 04-05-2005, 05:23 PM
mdracer76
Banned

I agree with JonsilvZ... I've had my car since Mar. 2003. EVERYWHERE I went was stares and thumbs up. Every gas station I went to people allways asked about the car.

I made my kfirst Mods in may of 2003 and the body kit went on in march of 2004.

Every Day I get stares still .. and every gas station I go to everyone stops and asks questions.

And kids LOVE the car..

I love the attention .. win win