Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

How important do you think the brembos are?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2002, 04:34 AM
someone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How important do you think the brembos are?

I'm looking to buy a Z and am having a really hard time deciding between enthus, performance, and track....I know the wheels/brembos are the only diff with the track and performance, and I really don't know if I need VCD.....Damnit, Fug Joo Nissan for soo many models.....HELP!!!

EDIT: I auto-X drive spritedly and love drifting...also a good driver...
Old 11-20-2002, 04:42 AM
rai

In most situations the regular brakes are all you need. BUT if you take the Z to the track the brembos will be a nice improvement over the regular brakes esp. for fade resistance.

I like the rays wheels and the brembos not only for the extra performance but more for the LOOKS. The large wheel openings tend to look empty and the larger brembos do a nice job of filling the space.

To me the Z is as much about image (or preceved performance) as it is about real world performance.

I'd say if you can afford the track go for it. It will be a rare package and so may be worth more as a collector car.
Old 11-20-2002, 04:48 AM
someone

See really it's more about teh VCD then anthing else, cuz if I don't get VCD I'm in the high 20s but if I do then I'm in the 30s....I mean for 31 I get performance, for 3K more I get track, but 3K in after market buys AEM BB kit, soooooo i dunno
Old 11-20-2002, 04:50 AM
pointfivezero
Charter Member #16

RAI hit the nail on the head. The Brembos were one of the biggest reasons I struggled between the choice of Track or Touring model. It has been a small consolation that the standard brakes are very solid but I LOVE those four piston calipers for their aesthetic appeal alone.
Old 11-20-2002, 05:30 AM
John

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AEM big brake kits are trash. I don't know one road racer who uses them...

For an AutoX, Brembos aren't really going to help you since you're not at speeds that will cause your brakes to get really hot. But for track days where you're stomping on the brakes at 120+ mph at the end of the straight, you'll boil the fluid real fast. After four track days at VIR and Summit Point, I had ZERO brake fade with my Brembos...

The VDC is worth it to me since my car is my daily driver and when my car is in the rain, it's nice to have that "safety" feature. But at the track, it's turned off for sure...