MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   2003-2009 Nissan 350Z (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z-2/)
-   -   Are you able to get as good a deal (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/118503-are-you-able-to-get-as-good-a-deal.html)

mattduke1 04-15-2005 04:21 PM

Are you able to get as good a deal

if you just order the Z against just having them find one already produced. What I'm saying is, will it make any difference in the negotiation process if i want one ordered.

I've never ordered a vehicle before, are you able to get the same price doing it that way as opposed to them finding one somewhere already made.

Brandon@Forged 04-15-2005 04:33 PM

You can do alot more negotiation if it's on the lot...otherwise you're pretty much paying the standard price for everything.

mattduke1 04-15-2005 04:52 PM

the only one I've found that is like I want is at a dealership about 2 1/2 hours away. I have a Nissan dealership 1 mile from my home. If I go there and tell them about it, can't they just have it delivered to their store. I don't want to have to drive that far if it's appropriate for them to have it shipped to their store. Is that standard practice?

Brandon@Forged 04-15-2005 05:42 PM

It depends on the dealer. Some will trade a car for it...others won't.

wahoo5 04-16-2005 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by mattduke1
the only one I've found that is like I want is at a dealership about 2 1/2 hours away. I have a Nissan dealership 1 mile from my home. If I go there and tell them about it, can't they just have it delivered to their store. I don't want to have to drive that far if it's appropriate for them to have it shipped to their store. Is that standard practice?

I went through the same thing when I bought a new '04 about 6 weeks ago. Car was at a dealer about 1 hour away. Dealer within 1 mile of my house would get the car, but wouldn't sell it to me for the price I wanted. I saved over $1,100 by driving the hour to the dealer with the car in inventory.

Alonjar 04-16-2005 04:44 AM

It doesnt hurt to ask, but really, whats a 2 hour drive for a new car? Hell, I drive an hour each way to work :/

Zcarboy 04-16-2005 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by mattduke1
if you just order the Z against just having them find one already produced. What I'm saying is, will it make any difference in the negotiation process if i want one ordered.

I've never ordered a vehicle before, are you able to get the same price doing it that way as opposed to them finding one somewhere already made.

I agree with what the others say on getting a good deal is better for a car that is there on the lot. When ordering you don't have to pay sticker either.

If you saw the right car 2.5 hours away I would just good there and get it. I tried myself with trying to get a dealer trade for a car closer to me and it was just a pain so I just drove the hour to get it. Good luck