MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   2003-2009 Nissan 350Z (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z-2/)
-   -   new member here...is 350z worth it? pros? cons? (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/123140-new-member-here-is-350z-worth-it-pros-cons.html)

wj4 05-14-2005 11:13 PM

new member here...is 350z worth it? pros? cons?

hey guys, new member here. right now im driving an 04 accord v6 coupe. semi modded, its a quick car and i really like it. but after having the car impounded last week for "speed racing" when some kid tried to race me and i just was going to go home...it makes me want to trade in my car. car only has 10k on it, got it for 7 months or so but now im lookin at 3 cars, one of htem being the z. what are pros and cons on the car? i know the tire feather is a hugee issue. is this still happening on 05 models? thanks guys :D

Bubble 05-14-2005 11:15 PM

get the Z and race again?

wj4 05-14-2005 11:20 PM

get the Z and race again?
lol no. u see, im just a car enthusiast. im not the type of dude who drives around his night with his buddy in the passenger seat with a camcorder trying to go race random cars.
my accord is an auto, and the only time i really "raced" was at the track which i ran 1/4 mile in mid 14s. on the streets, im a pretty sane driver. i just caught interest in the z because its a cool looking car and i always wanted to get a car with wide fender so i can put some rims with deep lip on it :D

Bubble 05-14-2005 11:22 PM

what are your other 2 choices?

zland 05-14-2005 11:29 PM

Having someone else pick your car is kind of like someone else picking your girlfriend for you. Maybe someone can help you make a logical choice but how can we tell you which of the three cars you are passonate about?

wj4 05-14-2005 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by zland
Having someone else pick your car is kind of like someone else picking your girlfriend for you. Maybe someone can help you make a logical choice but how can we tell you which of the three cars you are passonate about?

im not having someone ELSE pick my car out for myself...
im asking for pros and cons. i didnt want to make the mistake i did when i bought the accord first and then found out 2 months later that there is a flaw on auto transmission on my accord forum. i just want to know from 350z owners what they like/dislike the car and if there are any serious problems that i should be concerned about.

i will get about $22-23g's trade in value on the accord and i want to add around $10,000 cash to get a new(er) car. the other 2 choices are 05 sti or 05 s2000.

Nitrouz 05-15-2005 12:17 AM

IMO:

S2000 if you want a convertible and if you simply want a "track car".

sti if you want a daily driver and if you drive in the snow (which is a no since u live in so cal) or you really need the rear seats and 4 doors and easy modding with the turbo.

Z if you wanna get laid every night.

Alex

Sensation350Z 05-15-2005 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by nitrouz
IMO:

Z if you wanna get laid every night.

Alex

:icon30: :icon30: :icon30:

zland 05-15-2005 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by wj4
im not having someone ELSE pick my car out for myself...
im asking for pros and cons. i didnt want to make the mistake i did when i bought the accord first and then found out 2 months later that there is a flaw on auto transmission on my accord forum. i just want to know from 350z owners what they like/dislike the car and if there are any serious problems that i should be concerned about.

i will get about $22-23g's trade in value on the accord and i want to add around $10,000 cash to get a new(er) car. the other 2 choices are 05 sti or 05 s2000.

You need to do a quick search on problems related to the 350Z. The most common problems include tire feathering, streaks on windows, and in 03, tranny problems. You can look those up/search to get more details. If you have more questions, pm me.

Good luck.

wj4 05-15-2005 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by zland
You need to do a quick search on problems related to the 350Z. The most common problems include tire feathering, streaks on windows, and in 03, tranny problems. You can look those up/search to get more details. If you have more questions, pm me.

Good luck.

im going to be buying an 05 model if i get one. i will get an 05 during august when the 06 models come out so i can get a better deal.
i love the 350z because its a great mixture of style and power. i dont really need a 4 seater because i dont really take anyone anywhere lol.
in all the time that ive had my accord, i probably had a person in the backseat 3 times.
s2000 is a great looking car, but its soo tiny. a lot less room than a 350z. and honestly, im kinda tired of hondas because theres no torque unless u redline lol.
sti is also another great car. i love the whole rally look. but i dont think i would be able to control myself in that car. i'd probably go broke on putting mods in lol.

for the ppl with 350z as daily drivers. how do u guys like it? any regrets?

boma 05-15-2005 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by wj4
im going to be buying an 05 model if i get one. i will get an 05 during august when the 06 models come out so i can get a better deal.
i love the 350z because its a great mixture of style and power. i dont really need a 4 seater because i dont really take anyone anywhere lol.
in all the time that ive had my accord, i probably had a person in the backseat 3 times.
s2000 is a great looking car, but its soo tiny. a lot less room than a 350z. and honestly, im kinda tired of hondas because theres no torque unless u redline lol.
sti is also another great car. i love the whole rally look. but i dont think i would be able to control myself in that car. i'd probably go broke on putting mods in lol.

for the ppl with 350z as daily drivers. how do u guys like it? any regrets?

True you can get tired of hondas, but their build quality is pretty good. Hardly any rattles or miscellaneous crap that goes wrong.

Anyways I say get a Z. It looks more aggressive than both the other cars.
You say you just want to cruise around and not race too much on the streets. The Z is a good car for that, with the STI you have to show it off for the average person to know what it can do.

You can drive slow in the Z and get the same looks as you would get as going fast in the STI.

The S2000 is a great car, sometimes I do wish I had an open top or sunroof. It really makes driving fun at times. The Z is going to have a slight advantage in storage due to it's hatchback design. I was able to put long sticks and stuff in my Z without a problem.

soldierboy 05-15-2005 09:26 AM

first this is a Z territory....man.... ofcourse the answer is z...hiihhih... get the zzz... tobe safe pick an o5 like me.... ...11000 miles everything is still working like clock.... enuff said................ zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz hey by the way iam from OC tooo.... but iam in seattle now

kpiskin 05-15-2005 09:27 AM

I love my Z and haven't regretted getting it. I think the 350Z/G35C represent great values for what you get. You probably will spend more money to get similar levels of performance from other manufacturers. Plus they ain't hard on the eyes!

MulhollandDrive 05-15-2005 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by wj4
what are pros and cons on the car?

Get a black roadster. Then you can spend all day talking to people. No kidding. People crossing the street want to talk. I mean I am in the middle of the road. Cars pull up when I am trying to turn left and want to talk. Minivans full of kids.. the windows go down and the kids want to talk. We had a house full of people over last night and everyone wants to go look at the modded roadster or drive it.

wj4 05-15-2005 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by MulhollandDrive
Get a black roadster. Then you can spend all day talking to people. No kidding. People crossing the street want to talk. I mean I am in the middle of the road. Cars pull up when I am trying to turn left and want to talk. Minivans full of kids.. the windows go down and the kids want to talk. We had a house full of people over last night and everyone wants to go look at the modded roadster or drive it.

lol the roadster isnt for me bro. if i get the z, its going to be in black or silver though. after i get it, it will be slammed on tein coilovers and some rims with deep lip asap :icon38:

SB Track 05-15-2005 10:25 AM

Search. And the Z will not help if you can't control yourself on the street.

wj4 05-15-2005 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by SB Track
Search. And the Z will not help if you can't control yourself on the street.

hehe, i left that "rice mentality" after i finished high school.

Sensation350Z 05-15-2005 11:14 AM

The Z`s a great car, so is the s2000, they have both performance AND looks.
If you want a fast 4 seater that looks like something you`d peal potatos with, get the sti.

wj4 05-15-2005 01:04 PM

lol i actually love the way the sti looks. the wing and hood scoop is real nice. it has that rally theme. but like i stated, if i get that car, i would upgrade the turbo, downpipe, yada yada, which will be super $$.
the only thing that im worrried about in the 350z is the feathering ordeal. i will do more research on this too. im not worried about it being a 2 seater, as a matter of fact..thats why i want it. no one ever really asks me for rides, and if they do, thats whats the passenger seat is for. i have no brothers or sisters to nag me to take them places and all my friends have cars of their own so im set :icon17:

Amnbex 05-15-2005 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Sensation350Z
The Z`s a great car, so is the s2000, they have both performance AND looks.
If you want a fast 4 seater that looks like something you`d peal potatos with, get the sti.

Am the only one that thinks the STi looks exactly like it should? I mean, you look at it, and you know it's ALL business. No pussy-footing around in this thing, you're either flying around a turn with your rear out in full-opposite lock, or you're hammering it down a straight in the triple digits. You're sure as hell not picking up grandma from the airport in an STi, that's for sure.