Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Power Nissan Torrance Can Bite My A$$!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 06:36 PM
cvt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what a bunch of real winners...i hear miller van nuys nissan are a bunch of clowns too....again this is why i got to performance nissan which is 38 miles away from my house (even though the nearest nissan dealership is only 2 miles away.)
Old 09-19-2005, 07:32 PM
Blue Komodo

Best thread title ever!

OK, Salesmen have a way of reading between the lines. You basically told him that your shopping the competition, and even named another dealer. I would have told you the same thing, although in a MUCH more diplomatic manner. I would have tactfully attempted to generate a realistic purchase offer from you before considering a drive. No the Z is not a Porche, but it's not a Sentra either. Anyone shopping a Z understands that buyer's want unmalested cars. However, if you just want to drive one, do the following; Call a Sale's man and make an appointment to view the car. Tell him/her that you are prepaired to discuss terms of purchase, but first you need to drive the car to make sure it will be suitable for your requirements. Good luck.
Old 09-19-2005, 07:39 PM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

What if someone knocked on your door and said "hey, I heard you're selling your 350Z. I'm going to buy one from some other guy, but can I test drive yours?"

"Wait, are you sure you don't want to buy it from me?"

"Yep."

*SLAM*
Old 09-19-2005, 07:46 PM
boosthappy

Dont worry your not the only one back in December when I was looking for my Z a local dealer (Weston Nissan), would not let me test drive a roadster. I was going to purchase the car located it online and knew what I wanted. The sales person said they dont let people test drive roadsters, just turned around and walked out. I went to Maroone Nissan they let me drive what they had, and I placed an order and had my car in less than a week. Just some dealers think a little to highly of them selves.
Old 09-19-2005, 07:47 PM
LaoSiFu

I could have sworn a car salesman job is to sell car.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:38 PM
dekidex1977

Default don't worry.....

Don't get upset.

Why do you even go to a dealer?
Just let me handle everything for you.

Dean
californiacarbrokers.com
Old 09-20-2005, 05:12 AM
Leslie

Originally Posted by cvt
what a bunch of real winners...i hear miller van nuys nissan are a bunch of clowns too....again this is why i got to performance nissan which is 38 miles away from my house (even though the nearest nissan dealership is only 2 miles away.)
Total agreement most dealers are just plain crooks.

We also have a dealer about 2mi away,with the rest 4 others,under mabey 20mi away, (vegas is a small town), but also went with Performance Nissan which for us round trip about 600 mi Jason put us in touch with their fleet guys and we ordered it no muss no fuss, we even do all service with PN as well.

Last edited by Leslie; 09-20-2005 at 05:16 AM.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:06 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow...

drop me a PM with your full name and phone number and the type of 06 Z you want...
Old 09-20-2005, 07:10 AM
Th3Cleaner

I can tell you Nissan Corp will take the dealerships attitude very seriously, they depend on those dealerships to sell cars and get a good rep with a customer base. < --- duh, like no one knows that

I didnt read any wrong doing in his initial post, but we all have a certain amount attitude we can take from other people, he I am sure handled it better then I would have.
But then again I have had my Z for 15 Months and the amount **** that falls apart on it ensures me of another bad day.

Last edited by Th3Cleaner; 09-20-2005 at 07:25 AM.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:54 AM
King Tut

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't really blame the dealership. I have seen the threads where you guys are all worried about how many miles were on your car when you bought it brand new. If you saw a car with 200 miles on it versus one at another dealer with 4 miles on it and the same price which would you buy?
Old 09-20-2005, 08:58 AM
orion350z

There are lots of comments in here......long write-ups. I'll make this very simple.

"The Customer Is ALWAYS Right" In your case, I wouldn't buy from them even if the manager apologetically offered to wash my *****. Screw em, go somewhere else.
Old 09-20-2005, 10:47 AM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Dealers and salesmen are a dime a dozen. I had a coupon for $50 if I test drove a Ford Excursion. I went to Ford, presented the coupon. The salesman said he had not seen one for $50 before, I showed him where to sign the back. He looked me up and down (I had my son with me, and was wearing work clothes), and said, you don't want to really drive it, do you? At that point I insisted, I was pissed at his "look down his nose atitude" and drove all over the place, had my son try everything that could be tried in the back. I tried to use as much time and miles as I could, asking as many questions as possible. I guess he won't ask that question again.
Old 09-20-2005, 11:28 AM
danvain

Originally Posted by FairLady32
u sound like an old grandma complaining that some youngster was driving too fast on her street!!! id tell u to buzz off too if i thought u were gonna buy somewhere else...and just wanted to drive my car!! and im sure uve played the telephone game...u say something to the sales rep..he sais something else to the manager..the manager sais something else to u!!
You are a schmuck...reread his damn post.
Old 09-20-2005, 11:32 AM
danvain

Originally Posted by hfm
You go for a test drive and are ticked off because the manager was smart enough to recognize that you didn't intend to purchase from that dealership?

That manager decided not to let you put on miles that another customer wouldn't appreciate. He protected his dealership from a non-sale and the real buyer from you putting on unwanted miles.

I think if I were to buy another Z from Power Torrance Nissan, I'd ask for that manager, I know he wouldn't sell me an abused test-driven Z.
And you are schmuck #2!
Old 09-20-2005, 11:38 AM
danvain

Originally Posted by hfm
[sarcasm=on]Yeah, a customer like you deserves a whole lot of respect.[/sarcasm]

Ken, you're correct, all wanna did was ask for a timeline. And, yes, he may very well have ended up buying at Torrance. We will never know with certainty. I can safely say he wont now.

What we do know is that the manager was astute enough to recognize a sophisticated customer who has done their research, knows the activities of other dealerships and probably was not intending to buy from their dealership. In fact, wanna's statement confirmed this. Sure, it may have been handled differently but if you ask me, I think that manager has been around a long time and knows a lookie loo from a real buyer. Lookie loos do no good for any seller and I'm comfortable defending the managers actions. He's the type of guy I'd hire if I were selling something.
hahaha...who the hell would buy it? eh?
Old 09-20-2005, 11:42 AM
danvain

Originally Posted by KenWH
I'm not saying dealers should just through keys to everyone who walks through the door. I just think a better way to handle this from the manager's stand point would have been to come out on the floor and talk to wanna as a potential client...not approach him with a "do we have a problem" attitude. Having not even talked to wanna...how can he truely judge him and his potential to buy? I could understand if the manager was the one wanna had the conversation with but he didn't. The manager only knew what the new salesman told him.

I would hope anyone running the sales floor at new car dealership would have the salesmenship to at least take 5 minutes and talk to a potential customer regardless of what a salesmen says. Times are tuff for new car sales these days...you have to treat everyone who walks into the showroom as a potential client right till the end. Again...even if wanna walked into the showroom and screamed "I"m buying a Z a perf. nissan" the sales staff there should still approach him and say "ok, but what can we do to change your mind and make you our customer instead?"

They should at least try to make the sale for crying out loud...it's their job for cripes sake.

How many times have any of you gone to a dealership and told the salesmen..."just looking" only to have him minutes later go get the keys, and eventually end up taking test drive, but left without buying the car. I bet most of us have test drove more cars' than we've bought. If all dealership managers were like the guy wanna ran into...we'd only get to drive the car after signing on the bottom line to prove to the sales manager were serious.
I went to a Porsche dealership in Riverside. The salesman was just talking to me and fishing for info on my income. He made a crack about the Z so how far away from affording at least a base Porsche could I be? I hate when they prejudge.
Old 09-20-2005, 06:32 PM
skitzo

To add to the fire...

Santa Monica Nissans Service SUCKS. I had tire feathering on my 04 w/ 12031 miles (I remember this number because the service rep said I was out of warrenty) and was made to pay for an alignment and tire flip ~$150. The guy who helped me was a rude ***** and wouldn't do **** to help out (because I was 32 miles out of warrenty, even though the tires were feathered to ****) I had to call Nissan of America and get them to pay me back. If they had any sense they would have made that call themselves and got it handled. I was doing all my regular maintenance there (it's 3 miles from my house) and even bought a billet grill and had it installed by them but now I go 20 miles out to Power and tell everyone I meet that I love my Z but DO NOT BUY from Santa Monica Nissan.
Old 09-20-2005, 06:59 PM
Chicken

I also live close to Power Nissan, and can confirm the thread starter's post. The first time I went there, they didn't want to let me test drive the car until we sat down and talked financing. Like I'm going to waste my time discussing financing for a car I haven't driven yet and don't know if I want to buy. They are CLOWNS, trust me.

I decided to buy elsewhere until a few months later I drove by and noticed they had the car I wanted. I gave them one more chance, told them I wanted to test drive it and did. No one there knew much about the car. I had done enough research that I felt comfortable buying it with what I knew (good thing, as the salemen wouldn't have been able to sell it to me with what they knew).

They had a used base marked around $30K.

The manager is a tool (he's annoying, thinks he's funny, and he'll give you the creeps but you won't know why). The salepeople are useless. The whole dealership sucks, and I give people the benefit of the doubt, and even let them make up for it. Trust me. If you want to buy a car, it's the last place you should go.

Go there if you don't believe me. It's your time to waste, which is exactly what you'll do.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:46 PM
zedated

When I bought my Z, I first called the dealer to find out what he had available and told him I would stop by the next day to look at it. The next day, I planned to look at the new Mustang GT and the Z. I was pretty set on the Z, but I was willing, at least, to look at the Mustang. The Ford and Nissan dealers are literally next door to each other.

The Ford guy gave me some crap about having to work out a deal before he let me test drive the car. I said, "Look, I'm buying a car today, either a Mustang GT or a 350Z. I don't have time to sit here and work a deal on a car I haven't driven yet." He went to find the keys but came back and said another car was in the way and another salesman took that car's keys and left. He said he would call me later when I could drive the car.

I left the Ford dealer, drove next door to the Nissan dealer and bought the Z. Around lunchtime, the Ford guy called me to say there was a deal pending on the GT (only one they had at that time), so I wouldn't be able to drive it. He added that they would have more in a coupla weeks... I told him I already bought a car!
Old 09-21-2005, 11:32 AM
Superhung

I live about 2-3 minutes away from Power Nissan of Torrance. They're terrible. The sales staff is so amateur, it's not even funny.

Quick Reply: Power Nissan Torrance Can Bite My A$$!!!