Sponsored by:

damn nissan dealership!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 06:23 PM
FlorendoCruz
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default damn nissan dealership!!

i went to the Nissan Repair in Bergenfield, Nj to see if my front tires arrived and they said the tires are back order. I've been waiting for 3 weeks now due to the tire feathering issue and they told me that shipment will arrive in 6 months!!! I was like, "why??!" and they said bridgestone doesnt have any tires available. This is ridiculous cause my front tires are worn really bad and it could lead to an accident. Atleast give me a damn rental car.They gave me the 800 nissan # and told me to talk to them. God, i gotta figure out what to tell em. Anybody else waiting for their tires to come?
Old 10-06-2005, 06:53 PM
Ztalker

replaced under warranty at 9k miles due to feathering/cupping /roaring front bridgetone tires...frontend alignment included.....now at 16k, the tires still look new with none of those previous problems. i would visit your nissan service advisor every other day to see if they can put your name on top of the waiting list...buy them donuts/ pizzas or something...i'm serious... may be they'll bend over backwards for you.
Old 10-06-2005, 08:52 PM
FlorendoCruz
Banned

lol, i dunnoe man. Those people are jerks. They say they'll give me a call for any updates but never do. It;s like they never treat me right cause of my age.20 But watevr, i think ill jus call 800 nissan and b*tch at em.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:07 PM
AZZGUY

Default Tires

Originally Posted by FlorendoCruz
i went to the Nissan Repair in Bergenfield, Nj to see if my front tires arrived and they said the tires are back order. I've been waiting for 3 weeks now due to the tire feathering issue and they told me that shipment will arrive in 6 months!!! I was like, "why??!" and they said bridgestone doesnt have any tires available. This is ridiculous cause my front tires are worn really bad and it could lead to an accident. Atleast give me a damn rental car.They gave me the 800 nissan # and told me to talk to them. God, i gotta figure out what to tell em. Anybody else waiting for their tires to come?
Get out your manuals you received with your car when it was new. It will tell you which person you should talk with at the dealorship. Explain your problem to that person. Tell him you are dissatisfied with the answer you are getting. If that person does not help you to your satisfaction than go back to your book and call the department at Nissan of North America. that it advises you to call if you are having problems at the dealorship that are not solved to your satisfaction. I hope are detailing time, person you spoke with and what was said.
I just went through all this with a problem I had at my dealorship. When I got to the correct person at the dealorship i let it be known that I did not wich to go further with the problem. ( she understood and quickly went to the service dept and came back and told me it would be taken care of at their cost ). Good luck!
Old 10-07-2005, 06:25 AM
arejohn

Do you have safety inspections in NJ. If the tires are down to the wear indicators you are driving with less than safe tires. Escalate through the process in the owners manual. The TSB discusses reimbursement for previously purchased tires. Nissan's inability to provide tires should not be a safety issue to you and others on the highway should a tire blow or loose traction on wet roads.

If noise is the only problem. It could drive some owners crazy. Increase stress to the point of requiring psychological attention- maybe even mind alterating prescription drugs. Frustration, erratic driving, spouse abuse, child endangerment, even more. Go kick butt. Nissan has screwed Z owners over enough with this alignment issue. We are not going to take it any more.

I don't have the problem - yet. And I am PISSED! I can only imagine how some of you feel over this.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:06 AM
li350z

Default Bridgestone

Why not call Bridgestone direct and find out if there are any tires in the US? I would not believe anything told to me by anyone at the dealership.

My 2 cents.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:12 AM
350ceo

I just brought my car to a Nissan dealership in West Springfield, MA on Sept. 20th. They placed the order for the new updated tread pattern Bridgestones that very day under the recent warranty extension to the 2004 models for "tire roar". I called the following week on Sept 28th and they had already rec'd the tires. This week I had them installed on October 5th. I looked and they are indeed the new tread pattern. NJ and MA are pretty close to each other. Sounds like total BS, unless there is some sort of tires per dealership thing.

im only 24, so my age didn't speed the process up any

Last edited by 350ceo; 10-07-2005 at 09:20 AM.
Old 10-07-2005, 11:48 AM
Rampage

Mine were ordered the week of Sept 20Th and I am still waiting but they have said nothing about backorder, just that there were others on the list ahead of me. My tires have 20K on them and are not worn so bad that they are unsafe but the noise is aggravating. I have a brand new set of 18" Falkeins and stock wheels to replace the 17s and the Potenzas but I do not want to put them on until I get the new fronts and more importantly the alignment. I just want this done before the Oct 31ST deadline because I do not trust them to honor the commitment after that date.
Old 10-07-2005, 05:33 PM
AZZGUY

Default Tire Road

Originally Posted by 350ceo
I just brought my car to a Nissan dealership in West Springfield, MA on Sept. 20th. They placed the order for the new updated tread pattern Bridgestones that very day under the recent warranty extension to the 2004 models for "tire roar". I called the following week on Sept 28th and they had already rec'd the tires. This week I had them installed on October 5th. I looked and they are indeed the new tread pattern. NJ and MA are pretty close to each other. Sounds like total BS, unless there is some sort of tires per dealership thing.

im only 24, so my age didn't speed the process up any
I couldnt believe the drop in the noise when they replaced my two front tires. I can actually hear my motor at lower speeds! They replaced the tires at 18000 miles - gave me 100% replacement . I dont believe it was the alignment - the car never pulled to the right or left if I took both hands off the steering wheel - It would go quite a ways without veering ( and before I chickened! )
Old 10-07-2005, 05:34 PM
FlorendoCruz
Banned

thanks guys...ill definitely call nissan or bridgestone itself... Damn tire roar!!!