mpaige22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bottom line.......the Z is a better performance car
Old 12-21-2005, 12:39 PM
Old School
Shift_Boost

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Default I must be in Jr. High....

Hello everyone, I new to this site, but not to the import scene - Hince my SN.

I see alot of people giving good, bad, and uneducated reason for what car is better, the Z or the G.

Facts-
1) both are sports cars. Do not confuse yourselves. The G35 is marketed in japan as the LATEST Skyline GTR. If you don't know this car, what are you doing here? lol.

2) both are great cars.

3) the reason most of you guys are saying the Z performs better is basicly because it does. The Z has a shorter wheel base which in turn gives it better handling characteristics. And yes, it is a little bit lighter.

4) there are other minor details about the Z that make it stand out (performance wise) here in the states, but sail your butt over to japan and its a whole other ball game.

As I have seen mentioned earlier, the G35 may have better warranty, service, etc. . All these things should be considered when buying one of the two, but for me its all car. The warranty is great, but more often than not, the car will give you trouble after 100k miles (unless you have lots of aftermarket goodies, and/or you don't know how to drive your car).

Anyhow, just thought I'd shed some light on this topic. Research your car as much as possible. Knowledge is power!
Old 12-21-2005, 12:44 PM
Vamos_Rafael

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Old School

I see alot of people giving good, bad, and uneducated reason for what car is better, the Z or the G.

Facts-
1) both are sports cars. Do not confuse yourselves. The G35 is marketed in japan as the LATEST Skyline GTR. If you don't know this car, what are you doing here? lol.

2) both are great cars.

3) the reason most of you guys are saying the Z performs better is basicly because it does. The Z has a shorter wheel base which in turn gives it better handling characteristics. And yes, it is a little bit lighter.

4) there are other minor details about the Z that make it stand out (performance wise) here in the states, but sail your butt over to japan and its a whole other ball game.

As I have seen mentioned earlier, the G35 may have better warranty, service, etc. . All these things should be considered when buying one of the two, but for me its all car. The warranty is great, but more often than not, the car will give you trouble after 100k miles (unless you have lots of aftermarket goodies, and/or you don't know how to drive your car).

Anyhow, just thought I'd shed some light on this topic. Research your car as much as possible. Knowledge is power!

Your response is neutral and politically correct
Forum discussion is fueled by controversy and one sided discussions flaming against the other side
SO...
From what you said everyone agrees on it...
WHy dont you shed some things more biased than "both are great cars"
You have to prefer one to the other if u purchased one other the other...
If you regret (like moi) then shed some light on that too
Old 12-21-2005, 01:23 PM
lamaz

Most people have to compare the G35 to the 350Z. Example: "Yes, my G35 is actually the sister car of the 350Z. It's got the same motor and what not". I Couldn't live with myself, I'd rather say "Yes, I have a 350Z".

I remember back in the 300ZX days that one of the smaller infiniti's had the motor off of the 300ZX. I got in the car and it was very nice, handled good too. The owner wanted me to follow him to drop off his other car, I clicked the switch on the Infiniti's suspenssion to "sport mode"...I think the car was pretty cool (after it was compared to a Z).

-LamaZ
Old 12-21-2005, 01:52 PM
tekk

Originally Posted by Old School

Facts-

2) both are great cars.

before a thousand people jump on you, its not a gtr in japan. the g is a v35 skyline 350gt. also the main reason for the performance difference is weight, thats all.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:59 PM
tekk

i wish moderators did something about these z vs g threads. i think they reflect badly on the z community. although i do not have a z, going off of threads like this i can only conclude that most owners are *******s. i know better than that but still, these threads are very disturbing: there are pros and cons to both cars that can be fairly given- and they should be fairly given since we're basically talking about the same family
Old 12-21-2005, 02:01 PM
G352NV

Yeah this **** is pretty much a joke. The funny part is I NEVER see a Z VS G thread on the G site. Hmmm
Old 12-21-2005, 02:06 PM
Silkk

That's because G owners are so much more mature...
Old 12-21-2005, 02:23 PM
Vamos_Rafael

Originally Posted by Silkk
That's because G owners are so much more mature...
old blokes driving a $30,000 sports coupe...
jesus...
gimme a break
i got my eyes aimed at the porsche 911 alrdy
and im 20
matureness have nothing to do with anything
its just young guys are more free/out spoken
Old 12-21-2005, 02:38 PM
heezyo2o

Originally Posted by G352NV
Yeah this **** is pretty much a joke. The funny part is I NEVER see a Z VS G thread on the G site. Hmmm
Not sure if you're joking or not, but just do a search on g35driver.com and I assure you, you'll find plenty of threads.

Some of you guys seem to get a bit defensive, not sure why. Also, I don't see the need to bash G35s, since they're basically the same car. Styling is subjective, but for many that's the deciding factor, whether you go for the G or the Z. If you get a track or GT model, then they are pretty much the same price as G35s, but the welcoming price of the base model surely is a consideration for many.

The Z is more sportier and one of the advantages use to be a lighter weight, but that advantage has been diminishing. Also, I don't see how you can call either the G or Z exclusive. The fact is there are tons of both everywhere.

On paper the Z may be the faster in a straightline and around the track (despite the higher skidpad of Gs reported in some mags), but in the end, it's still a driver's race.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:49 PM
G352NV

Really I live on the G site and dont see hardly any! But hey whatever. I now own both cars and car say from what I SEE there is always more bashing coming from Z owners. But like I said whatever.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:05 PM
gumulri

Really I live on the G site and dont see hardly any! But hey whatever. I now own both cars and car say from what I SEE there is always more bashing coming from Z owners. But like I said whatever.
+1
yeah who cares
u like z buy z or u like g buy g isn't this so simple
Old 12-21-2005, 03:41 PM
HighwaySpeed

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Z Rider
The G is a sports car.........the Z is not....End of story.

+1
Old 12-21-2005, 03:48 PM
UBERMENSCH
Banned

Originally Posted by Silkk
How is this:

Much more "Luxury" than this (my interior):

I agree mine is a little "sportier", but I don't see where the G is that much more luxury as everyone claims (other than pop up nav that I mentioned).
the Z is a bad *** car and is much more sportier IMO.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:50 PM
Electricchild

Aren't we forgetting also that a base model Z costs about 5 - 6 boxes of ziti less than a G35 (which really, you only have the option of the 5AT and the manual)?
Old 12-21-2005, 03:50 PM
UBERMENSCH
Banned

Originally Posted by jvanquish
old blokes driving a $30,000 sports coupe...
jesus...
gimme a break
i got my eyes aimed at the porsche 911 alrdy
and im 20
matureness have nothing to do with anything
its just young guys are more free/out spoken
Old 12-21-2005, 03:53 PM
UBERMENSCH
Banned

Last edited by UBERMENSCH; 12-21-2005 at 03:55 PM.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:53 PM
Vamos_Rafael

Originally Posted by UBERMENSCH
WHAT
i am having a crisis
and i want a porsche to justify that crisis...
just like 40 years olds crisising and buying the porsche...
Old 12-21-2005, 03:59 PM
DeeZ

you can feel the power a lot more with the z, the g is nice dont get me wrong but after driving both IMO the z is better for me.( because i want to feel the power)
Old 12-21-2005, 04:08 PM
heezyo2o

Here's a couple. I think it's good to get perspective from both sides.
http://g35driver.com/forums/showthre...highlight=350z

Quick Reply: Why choose a Z over a G35?