Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Why choose a Z over a G35?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 10:05 PM
Ep3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Boske
I had a 2003 Z and sold it. I bought a 05 G35 MT6. The Z felt more squirrelly/sporty and I prefer the exterior of the Z.

The reason I got the G was that the G is almost the same car, but much more comfortable to drive. All the people who knew my Z when riding in the G immediately said that the G was a much better car.

Almost the same price, but more space, better ride, same performance & better service at the same dealer.

The Z is the sort of car that you buy for emotional reasons and have to make up excuses for. The G coupe is also an emotional buy, but there are fewer excuses afterwards.
ok we are starting to beat dead horses here but i will say ..

the same reason you are saying you now have a "better" ride and your friends say your car is "better" is because it is detuned well i dunno about detuned but different suspension then the Z softer, quieter, less bumpy and ridged your ride is less sporty not Better you can not have better ride quality and same performance from similar cars thats the trade off i respect your decition on the G. it was my 3'rd choice when shopping. i am extactic however that the Z does not have any more luxuary and i only have a enth. model. if you want heated seats and a built in ball massager <-sp? why are you looking at a sports car anyway? imo the Z or the G are not better just different and are ment to attract different set of people..
Old 12-21-2005, 10:13 PM
InSaNeZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I almost bought a new G but ended up buying a new Touring Z because I personally like the exterior of the Z a lot more than the G.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:36 PM
bodayguy

I originally wanted a G when I went looking in December 2002.
The Infiniti dealer experience is great. No pressure, really comfortable. Sadly, it was a four-to-five month wait for a G.

I kept an eye on the Nissan dealer. A black Z hit the lot. I scooped it up within a day or two.

I think the G35 is a gorgeous car. The Z's lines have aged well, but it isn't sexy in the same way. More geometric and muscular.
I do wish I had a sunroof.

I also like the history of the Z. There is a real feeling of owning part of a lineage.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:48 PM
.Sin.

just personal taste...

i like the look of the Z more than the G....
Old 12-21-2005, 11:11 PM
tweaksalot

I test drove both G's and Z's. Honestly, my deciding factor was being able to put a set of golf clubs in my trunk. I think they are both sharp looking cars and I love the Z's, but G's just seems more practical to me for a daily driver. And whoever said they see more G's is crazy. . . .
I live in the OC as well, first off, both these damn cars are super common in So Cal, but i probably see 5 Z's for every 1 G.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:30 PM
achen

Once you start modding them, both cars are kicka$$. I love my G but sometimes I'll see a Z that's modded so right and I'll say to myself, "damn, what was i thinking, I should've gotten a Z". But I know if I bought the Z, the same would happen when I saw a nice modded G. For me, it's like 60/40 preference in favor of the G. Close though.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:31 PM
ZROCKET

The Z is Iconic. The G ?
Old 12-21-2005, 11:35 PM
Ep3

Originally Posted by tweaksalot
I test drove both G's and Z's. Honestly, my deciding factor was being able to put a set of golf clubs in my trunk. And whoever said they see more G's is crazy. . . .
I live in the OC as well, first off, both these damn cars are super common in So Cal, but i probably see 5 Z's for every 1 G.
LOL!! i thought you were kidding b/c the Z has a F-ing diagram to show you how to do this hahaha

and its been said before it is regonal the Z to G ratio in NY i see 10+ G's anytime i go out and its rare for me to see a Z .. get more common but never more than 2.
Old 12-22-2005, 01:56 AM
Z_Driver
Master

Those of you that know Z heritage will see the G35 as a 350Z 2 + 2. I couldn't get over that so I bought the 350Z. I also liked the interior better on the 350Z and the lower stance. I like the amount of power the G has. I do like the front of the Z better and I liked the rear of the G better until I installed the G's spoiler on the back of my 350Z. Some like it, some don't. I had the stock spoiler on the back of my Z it just looked too much like a AUDI TT with it / tacked on to me. I'm liking it a lot better now:

I see that I have the best of both worlds now:

Here's a photo chop that you guys might like of a '06:

Last edited by Z_Driver; 12-22-2005 at 01:59 AM.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:08 AM
tekk

there's too much ignorance in this thread.
look at the g35 however you want to, but here are some facts:

1. the g35 is a skyline in the same way that your z is a fairlady z. skylines have more history than fairlady zs.
2. the z gets its platform from the skyline. not the other way around.
3. the z is selling at about the same rate as the g35.. there are just as many out there
4. if you dont consider the g a sports car, you cant consider the z a sports car. most definitions that exclude the g also exclude the z, particularly the classic definition of a front engined, rear drive, lightweight open top vehicle..
Old 12-22-2005, 05:37 AM
AlphaPJ

I noticed one common theme between this board and those threads...

People who bought Z like the looks and feel better...people who bought the G like the looks and feel better.

The other thing I noticed is that alot of the G owners over there seem to turn their noses up at a Z, when they drive the same car. Not to mention the 06 Z is pretty much as "luxurious" as the G.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:48 AM
Vamos_Rafael

Originally Posted by tekk
there's too much ignorance in this thread.
look at the g35 however you want to, but here are some facts:

1. the g35 is a skyline in the same way that your z is a fairlady z. skylines have more history than fairlady zs.
2. the z gets its platform from the skyline. not the other way around.
3. the z is selling at about the same rate as the g35.. there are just as many out there
4. if you dont consider the g a sports car, you cant consider the z a sports car. most definitions that exclude the g also exclude the z, particularly the classic definition of a front engined, rear drive, lightweight open top vehicle..
NO!
The G35 is the "skyline" thats NOT based on the GTR
R34, R33, R32 skylines GTS models are based on the GTR (or the other way around f*ck u if u gonna knit pick me)
so...
And on top of that
Z history starts in the 70s and when did the skyline revolution start?
late 80s!
The G is luxury 2+2 something like 330CI sports
The Z is performance 2 seater something like Boxter, Z4, S2000, RX-8 etc etc
OK!?

GG!
Old 12-22-2005, 06:14 AM
Z Rider

Originally Posted by jvanquish
NO!
The G35 is the "skyline" thats NOT based on the GTR
R34, R33, R32 skylines GTS models are based on the GTR (or the other way around f*ck u if u gonna knit pick me)
so...
And on top of that
Z history starts in the 70s and when did the skyline revolution start?
late 80s!
The G is luxury 2+2 something like 330CI sports
The Z is performance 2 seater something like Boxter, Z4, S2000, RX-8 etc etc
OK!?

GG!

+ 1 Preach on brotha!!!!!
Old 12-22-2005, 06:15 AM
Z MANIA
psychedelic one

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tweaksalot
I test drove both G's and Z's. Honestly, my deciding factor was being able to put a set of golf clubs in my trunk. I think they are both sharp looking cars and I love the Z's, but G's just seems more practical to me for a daily driver. And whoever said they see more G's is crazy. . . .
Hello neighbor!!! I think you've got it backwards. It's more like 5 G's for every Z, and I like it that way.
Old 12-22-2005, 06:48 AM
Electricchild

Listen, we can either sit here, arguing all day about this, or, we can go eat some dog food. Now... which is it gonna be?
Old 12-22-2005, 07:13 AM
AlphaPJ

Originally Posted by Electricchild
Listen, we can either sit here, arguing all day about this, or, we can go eat some dog food. Now... which is it gonna be?
Or we can all go drive our respective Z's and G's and appreciate what fine autos we truely have
Old 12-22-2005, 09:05 AM
hypeiv

Originally Posted by 350Zum
You like typing b/c, don't you?
i had to read your post like 10 times to understand what you were saying b/c my brain is so fantastical it automaticly translates "b/c" to because for me... but yes I do like typing "b/c" alot, b/c thats how I roll.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:31 AM
ZZ33bOI

man..just get what u like....if you go on a EITHER forums G or Z of cousre they gonna favor there own car....DuH.....and talk smack bout other cars besides there own...anyways a car is a car...its the person inside tat makes the difference...tats wut i think..I can pimp out my Z...and i can always pimp out a G...its the one whos in control and behind the wheel....
Old 12-22-2005, 02:23 PM
RBlover69

werd, i prefer the Z for a more raw sports car, .....the G i feel is like a more of a touring feel, ...not really feeling the road as much, more luxury....just more less aggresive . Even driving the G i felt more relaxed,..and less power throught the band then when i got into a Z. The tune and the suspension of the Z is just to the point where your racing you can feel it hear it , and becasue its more raw its just a better overall expirence. Besides that your looking at 2 brothers....the cars are def blood brothers lol.....but for my taste having to choose both....and actually the Z was more then the g35c when i went in for them, ...i just feel inlove with the Z....Z heritage also is very nice..if you do your homework you can see alot was put into the Z moreso then the G as far as driving expirence and production.....the G would jog to a place and the Z would run, that would be my metaphor lol
Old 12-22-2005, 02:24 PM
HighwaySpeed

Cool

Originally Posted by AlphaPJ
19" front and back is only on the sports package right?

I was disappointed that the G did not step up to the 245 front / 265 rear that the GT/Track package wheels got on the Z.

Actually part of the reason I went for the Z, I don't plan to get new wheels.

Infiniti G35 Coupe : Sport-Tuned Suspension Package

$1,600.00

Sport-tuned Suspension

Viscous Limited-slip Rear Differential

19-inch 5-spoke, forged aluminum-alloy wheels with Y-rated tires
[Summer: 225/40R19 Y-rated front tire]
[Summer: 245/40R19 Y-rated rear tire]

Unique front fascia and side sills

Aluminum pedals

Perforated leather and orange stitching on steering wheel

[Available on G35 Coupe and Standard on G35 Coupe 6MT]

Quick Reply: Why choose a Z over a G35?