Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Need Some Advice!! What would you do??

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 10:26 AM
Anthony Mantovani

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Some Advice!! What would you do??

Happy New Year to all!!! I have been having a problem with my front tire reimbursment from Nissan. I have sent them all the paper work they needed to pay for my front tires and still have not received any payment. Everytime I call they give me the same run around and Blah Blah Blah. I'm at the point when I call I start screaming at the people I talk to because nobody at Nissan is doing their job. I faxed everything at least three times now and called many times to stay on top of them, I leave voice messages and don't get call backs. One guy from Nissan told me being that I paid cash for the tires they need to see a bank statement where I withdrew $300 on the day I purchased the tires. Totally unnecessary!
My other concern is that I got the tires replaced 9 months ago and have put 6,500 miles on them. I brought the car this morning to get an inspection and it failed because the guy told me the front tires were totally worn, the steel belts started to show. I knew the tires were wearing quickly, but I had no idea how bad they were until I looked at them this morning. The front tires looked like slicks, and the rears look brand new. The guy inspecting the car told me its definately and alignment issue. When I got the tires put on this past April, I had Westbury Nissan perform the 350z front wheel alignment that was covered under warranty due to the tire feathering issue.
Being that I was never reimbursed from the first set of tires I purchased and now I have to buy new front tires again after 6,500 miles just to pass inspection I feel like I'm being screwed. I commute 6 miles each way for my job and have not driven the car hard on these new tires in case your thinking I beat the tires down. And even if i did a few holeshots (of course i did), it would wear the rear tires not the fronts. What should I do in this case, any advice from you guys?
Old 12-31-2005, 10:39 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The reimbursement will take time. Be patient. I mailed VISA statements to show that I paid the credit card bill. Of course you have a claim number and a name? Any papers that you mail Nissan, put the claim number on the paper.

What tires did you buy? Tread wear number? Photos appreciated.
Old 12-31-2005, 01:13 PM
HighwaySpeed

Smile

Happy New Year To You!

I lived in Wantagh for many years. Yes, I miss driving along by the beach.
Old 01-01-2006, 08:40 AM
Anthony Mantovani

They are Falken Zeix 512's. Good grip for straight line and wet, but terrible handling, sidewall too soft. I don't remember the treadwear, but i went back to the place i bought them yesterday and he said someone at Nissan messed up the alignment for sure. He said theres no way the fronts should wear like that after 6K miles. he said i should get 30 to 35K miles out of those tires
Old 01-01-2006, 08:44 AM
350z bra

try a new nissan dealer!