MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   2003-2009 Nissan 350Z (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z-2/)
-   -   Things To Make Our Beloved "z" World Class (https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/166734-things-to-make-our-beloved-z-world-class.html)

z350boy 01-23-2006 01:23 PM

Things To Make Our Beloved "z" World Class

I have seen several threads about the next gen "Z". I came up with the following upgrades that would make our beloved "Z" a world class contender worthy of any of the "exotics". I would like to see (in no particular order):

(1) Power retractable rear view door mirrors
(2) engine bay lighting
(3) power antennae
(4) power adjustable interior rear view mirror
(5) HUD - heads up display on windshield
(6) power rear hatch release
(7) memory seating
(8) Auto door locking (doors lock when you reach 20mph)
(9) Speed sensitive automatic engaging spoiler
(10) All wheel drive (as an option)

Can anyone think of any others??

:cool:

BhashaZ 01-23-2006 01:29 PM

Hmmm...from that list, I only think 5, 9, and 10 would be nice. Personally, I still wouldn't care for any of them, but that's just my opinion.

ZlleH 01-23-2006 01:31 PM

Extra weight for the motor

(2) engine bay lighting
Don't find it neccessary

(3) power antennae

Extra weight, but interesting

There already is power release, you just probably meant a button inside the car instead of under the struts bar

(7) memory seating
Interested

I don't find it neccessary, unless I lived in Johanesberg, the capital of car jacking

Definatelly a lot of weight, a lot of drivetrain loss, but I can see people who drive in the winter wanting it.

The next Z needs to lose weight, not gain weight.

The Brickyard Rat 01-23-2006 01:36 PM

It would be a "world class" price. I'll pass

zzz350 01-23-2006 01:52 PM

0-60 time under 4 sec.

190+ top speed

Of your list, I do like the idea of a retractable rear spoiler, the other stuff I would choose to do without.

DavesZ#3 01-23-2006 02:01 PM

#8 - check here http://www.kptechnologies.net/

Face it, most of that stuff is what you'd expect to find in a $60K Lexus, not at $30K sports car. Most people want more performance, not more weight and complexity which run counter to performance.

bamyi 01-23-2006 02:06 PM

Why? Besides the weight, the shape of the mirrors would be fatter. No thanks.

(2) engine bay lighting
Agreed, not necessary

(3) power antennae
The fix antenna we have now is perfect. Power antenna looks chessy and the more things moving, the more things can go wrong.

Are you THAT lazy? Why not get power assisted door handles as well then?

Good idea, but I like the gauge above the radio too.

There is one, its on the key fob and above the license plate.

(7) memory seating
How many people do you have driving your Z on a regular basis?

Junk, whens the last time you heard a close door swing open at any speed?

Want to pay more for your Z?

Yeah, I can kinda see this.

Could increase price but it would be cool to have paddle shifters.

davidv 01-23-2006 02:12 PM

More stuff in the 350Z! I’d like to take half the things out that add nothing to the driving experience.

35oZephyR 01-23-2006 02:59 PM

Making the 350z close 4,000 lbs = world class??? :p

Leave the Z alone, make it lighter with a bit more hp is what will make it stand the test of time.

I say, give all that listed stuff to the G35c if you're concern about gadgets and comfort.

davidf 01-23-2006 03:08 PM

Give it a 4.0 liter all by itself, why should we share the same 3.5 motor with the Maxima/Altima.

zillinois 01-23-2006 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by z350boy
I have seen several threads about the next gen "Z". I came up with the following upgrades that would make our beloved "Z" a world class contender worthy of any of the "exotics". I would like to see (in no particular order):

(2) engine bay lighting
(3) power antennae
(7) memory seating

:cool:

Those would all be awesome for a G35, but I don't want any of that stuff on my Z. Just one 10 more things to brake down.

Ztalker 01-23-2006 03:19 PM

have lotus make the frame and cut the Z's weight down to 2200lb. max.

mavtais 01-23-2006 03:29 PM

AWD is not really an upgrade, it's more like a sex change. You will change the handling characteristics as well as add a few hundred pounds. Not worth it.

Resolute 01-23-2006 04:00 PM

I think it's cool that most Z owners want to have a lower weight Z with more HP, and are willing to rid the luxury amenities to make that hapen. I agree 100% with this, and say load the FM chassis with features like power-this and auto-that for the Infiniti version. The Z should be a sports car first and foremost, leave the grand tourer version for Infiniti. I hope Nissan is listening for the next Z as the 06's have gone the opposite way.
Will

rmesola 01-23-2006 04:03 PM

I can see where AWD would help stability in TT z's

HUD display does have it's place in the world... but the pods above the stereo are good nuff for me

lax91181 01-23-2006 04:04 PM

i want a new 911 for the price of a z, not gonna happen. Threads like this always make wonder if people understand the z at all. It has always been a RWD car and should be. It is not an exotic and shouldn't try to be, it should stay true to the Z line. Every car made could have stuff done to it, I bet the few owners of the mclaren F1 are pissed about the buggatti. they will prolly bump the engine to 3.7 or 4.0 for the next model, it has usually gone up with each model change. 370z or 400z in a few years, but it should stay rwd.

ZJOHNZ 01-23-2006 04:20 PM

Auto Lock Doors @ 20MPH?

I don't get it...I lock my doors when I slow down or stop. Not too many Jackers try to get in when I'm at WOT.

roast 01-23-2006 04:24 PM

The Z is NOT a cadillac.

If nissan adds all that nonsense to a Z my next sportscar will be a vette. I'm not worrying though, nissan isn't that dumb.

"(1) Power retractable rear view door mirrors"

The large majority of the population would never use such a feature. Maybe it would be nice if you had a super skinny garage, but for most of us that is not an issue. The large majority of the population is not going to pay for a feature only a few people would ever use. If you want this, DIY.

"(2) engine bay lighting"

It could use some.

"(3) power antennae"

Added weight. Just something extra to break. Extra maintenance. No thanks.

"(4) power adjustable interior rear view mirror"

Oh dear god. If you're one of those people who are too lazy to reach up and adjust the mirror you shouldn't even be driving yourself. That's just pathetic.

"(5) HUD - heads up display on windshield"

I could see something like this being an added option to the high end models, not a bad idea. Definitely would add to the "cool" factor.

"(6) power rear hatch release"

The Z already has one. It's called a key fob. There is a latch in the back as well.

"(7) memory seating"

....since most Z's are driven by 10 different people?

"(8) Auto door locking (doors lock when you reach 20mph)"

If I want my doors locked, I can push the button. Not a bad idea though.

"(9) Speed sensitive automatic engaging spoiler"

No real benfit. Added weight. Impossible with the current cars design. It is a hatchback, you know? LOL.

"(10) All wheel drive (as an option)"

I think you meant to say turbo. All wheel drive would completely destroy the cars handling and stance, not to mention put less HP to the ground, and it would go completely against it's predecessors. I don't just say no to this, I say HELL NO!

DavesZ#3 01-23-2006 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by bamyi
Junk, whens the last time you heard a close door swing open at any speed?

How about when you're stopped and a car-jacker opens the door and drags you out, beats you senseless then drives off in your Z?

The KPTech module locks the doors 6 seconds after the engine starts.

ZlleH 01-23-2006 04:46 PM

I can see the memory seat option a good idea. not because I have many people driving my car, But I would use it to recall the exact position my seat was in before I say.... moved my seat for vacuming in the car or other things that require you to move your seat. I always hate trying to put my seat to the exact position I had it before, because I always feel that I'm off a bit from that perfect setting I had before I move the seat.