2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Impressions of my new Z

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2003, 03:27 PM
ttheisen93

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Impressions of my new Z

Just got my new DB Base Z and after a day and a half I've noticed a few things:

On acceptance at the dealer I noticed that the bottom of the bumper was a little scraped, so they're going to repaint that area

Had the grease streak from the start, so that'll get fixed when I bring the car in to the body shop

Headlights had moisture in them (like fog on the edges of the inside surfaces). gettin that fixed also

The 1-2 shift started out rough until I remembered the linear throttle and just made sure I had more RPM before letting the clutch fully out. Matching RPM takes about 1/4 throttle at normal acceleration, as opposed to about 1/8 throttle on a car with a non drive by wire throttle.

The hind end comes out easy in a turning acceleration! Kind of surprised myself, but easy to recover from.

Way more fun to drive with the window down, due to the beautiful sound, but it's too cold now!

Carbon carpet shows every little it of grass/gravel/dirt. I can tell I'm going to be vacuuming a lot

I'm doing the "get on it every now and then" break-in plan. I'm doing quite a few hard accelerations, but not going much above 4K. Was convinced by several web sites and gearhead friends that this was a better way to condition the engine.

I'm showing everyone this car! Some goth punk teen from down the street was walking to work and when he stopped to admire the car, I gave him a ride, something I never would have done before the Z. Now, according to him I'm the "coolest guy ever".

No gripes, the ride is beautiful, not rough at all, but firm in a good way. Everyone I know and people I don't are stopping me to talk about it. The car is unbelievably fun to drive and I'm constantly finding out new things about how the car handles. My life is great!

Old 01-15-2003, 03:57 PM
phreezee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Amen to that! Life is GREAT!