Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

What's the best compliment you have gotten?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 11:31 AM
Joe2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z MANIA
Every time some fool steps on the gas in his/her "powerful" vehicle makes me smile, and I take it as a compliment to how good my car looks. Occasionally it actually is a muscle car, but more often than not, it's just some fool. It just cracks me up, and it's daily. Today on the way to work it was a young girl in a Acura RSX, and tonight on the way home it was some guy in a Toyota 4Runner!! I almost stomped him, but I didn't want to waste the gas.
dude i get that all the time too, from mustangs to minivans. i know it's because of the Z and not just coincidence because i never noticed it in my previous car...which was a 1989 volvo sedan.

some idiot didn't want me changing lanes in front of him so he decided to step on it in his mitsubishi galant or whatever. i worked him and was like 2 car lengths ahead of him before i started getting over and what cracked me up is that he started honking before i even started to get over hahaha then we stopped at the next light and he pulled up next to me and tried to insult me. i just laughed and revved my engine and took off.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:54 AM
Joe2

Originally Posted by omernazeer84
when i first bought the car i got pulled over by a cop, he pulled me outa the car and just asked me about the car, gave me a handshake and congratulated me......
hahaha that's so great
Old 10-19-2006, 12:11 PM
L33TZOR

I really dont care the most about adults saying nice things, but i really enjoy when the kids say something nice.

I dunno, I get a lot. I can be through the supermarket parking lot and little children are yanking at their mom or dads shirt while pointing as i drive up to a speed bump or yielding to them crossing.

Or when i pick up my son from high school, i get the thumbs up, and some kid shouting out nice car as hes trying to race me in a 15mph school zone on his bicycle.

the only one i would say that i enjoyed from an older person was after one night at dinner, (I dont usually take the z out for dinner because that night was my sons homecoming dance night my wife and i enjoyed ourselves and could do this in a 2 seater).

As my wife and i went outside of the restaurant after dinner at a place called Pier de Orleans in Mesa, AZ (really good dishes there)... there was a lady perhaps a little older than i, maybe in her late 50s??? she was prancing and walking around my car because of where it was parked you couldnt miss it as you exited the restaurant. She walked around my car as i told my wife to wait a sec as we stepped out, i wanted to see her actions. she walked around the car twice. she was trying to find the badging on the hood which in my case is "VS" and the only stock badges were the "z" biscuits on the side fenders. As I approached she looked at me with a very nice smile, and asked what kind of car it was.

Last edited by L33TZOR; 10-19-2006 at 12:13 PM.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:59 PM
I1DER

I was at the Testy Festival outside of Missoula, MT a couple weeks ago and this guy was having a professional photo shoot of himself with the 2 winners of the wet T shirt contest in front of the highway bill board. My tent and car were parked a few yards away and they asked who owned the car and if they could do some shots using it as a prop. Great shots of the girls hanging on it and in it. I got my camera out. Nothing I could post here! Still trying to find out what publication it was for. I was smiling so much, I forgot to ask.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:05 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had a couple mechanics come into the lounge area at the dealership today just to say how they liked the car..

Pretty cool, considering they see about a dozen of them a day.
Old 10-20-2006, 07:46 AM
2005fair

The two times that come to mind are once on the way to work i drove up behind a Schoolbus (Elementary I think), soon as they spotted me bout 10 of um poped up and with their faces glued to the back windows. So i pass them on the right during which i look over to see about 25-30 kids at the windows watching me go by.

The other time was this past summer at a red light. I was already stopped and a car with 4 good looking blondes pulls up next to me and beeps to get my attention and one of them says we love ur car can I get a ride. Of course my girlfriend at the time was with me (I was between her and the other car so the blondes couldn't see her). So the GF leans forward and tells um "sorry its only a 2 seater, but you just made his day"
Old 10-20-2006, 09:26 AM
Escobar

Received 154 Likes on 128 Posts

Pulling into work today some guy asked me if my Z was a porsche. I was like nah, 350z and he looked at me wierd.
Old 10-20-2006, 03:28 PM
luda300zx

well i got a 91 300zx and the best comment ever gotten was "whoa nice lamborgehini diablo!" My cars body isn't stock and the headlights look alot like them to so its pretty sweet haha but everywhere i turn i see people looking over at my car... Well i got to sell her soon for either a 350z or a escalade ext... not sure which one lol
Old 10-20-2006, 04:36 PM
Combat350z
Banned

The best is when I pass by this one elementary school and all the kids will just stop and stare.

Lots of time I'll see kids in other peoples cars turn and point and have their parents slow down so they can keep looking and wave at me.

Its hot though when like college chics will ride next to me and we just keep trading glances and smiles. Then if we end up at a light together they'll be like nice car.

One time this family was riding next to me and their daughter kept waving and smiling at me so I waved back and then the mom did the same. As they were moving over and ended up on my left side even the dad waved and smiled lol
Old 10-20-2006, 04:39 PM
Ichigo

I like watching the kids on busses all shift to one side of the bus to scope the Z.

Best compliment
"It looks like its going 100mph, standing still"
Old 10-20-2006, 04:45 PM
Combat350z
Banned

Lol what kind of wierds me out is older people in bmw's and benzes that just look at me wierd if they see me standing outside my car or getting stuff out of the trunk.

Or when people yell hey hey you. I automatically think something bad and when I realize its like a couple asking about my car I'm like oh ok. They'll be like you have a nice car, wanna trade hehe
Old 10-20-2006, 04:49 PM
Jenn350Z

Originally Posted by Combat350z
Its hot though when like college chics will ride next to me and we just keep trading glances and smiles. Then if we end up at a light together they'll be like nice car.

just making me jealous
Old 10-20-2006, 04:55 PM
Combat350z
Banned

Originally Posted by Jenn350Z

just making me jealous
Well if it helps I want you to knOw that I'd wave and smile to you as well.

Especially if you stopped and said things like aboot and combO hehe

Or if you happened to ride up next to me on a horse like a mountie
Old 10-20-2006, 05:45 PM
Combat350z
Banned

Actually the best compliment was Jenn saying she was jealous hehe
Old 10-21-2006, 08:41 AM
ThisIsFor350z

I spent some time researching which Z to get before I ended up getting the Performance brickyard, debatably the rarest Z, I was working at AOL at the time, with over 1500 cars in the parking lot. I came out the first day to find a cute redhead perched over it telling me that if this was my car she wanted to f*$%. She then went on to tell me a lot I didn't know at the time about the Z, how she was trying to get the car in the exact color and whatnot... needless to say, we took a very erm, spirited test drive for the next few hours in the less busy part of town.

Afterwards my friends all joked with me that they knew the car would get me laid, but didn't think it would attract them to literally sit and wait by the car just to get in line, and she was a solid 8 - 8.5 at that....

A year later, no stories that good to date, but laid 4 times from the car alone... for some reason, my car has taste, hasn't attracted a fat girl yet.
Old 10-21-2006, 01:23 PM
Joe2

Originally Posted by ThisIsFor350z
I spent some time researching which Z to get before I ended up getting the Performance brickyard, debatably the rarest Z, I was working at AOL at the time, with over 1500 cars in the parking lot. I came out the first day to find a cute redhead perched over it telling me that if this was my car she wanted to f*$%. She then went on to tell me a lot I didn't know at the time about the Z, how she was trying to get the car in the exact color and whatnot... needless to say, we took a very erm, spirited test drive for the next few hours in the less busy part of town.

Afterwards my friends all joked with me that they knew the car would get me laid, but didn't think it would attract them to literally sit and wait by the car just to get in line, and she was a solid 8 - 8.5 at that....

A year later, no stories that good to date, but laid 4 times from the car alone... for some reason, my car has taste, hasn't attracted a fat girl yet.

damnit why am i still single?!
Old 10-21-2006, 02:11 PM
FUCHAOWNAOFdaZ

ha I was getting my emission test done, and the car was parked out front and the mechanic told me to bring it by. I brought it by and he looked and said, "Now I said bring your car not your daddy's" I said this is my car : )

other than that hmmmm a couple weeks ago at school I had my door up and 2 banging chicks drove by me, stopped, got out their cars and asked me where I work and told me "hot car, I love it" moments like that I love
Old 10-21-2006, 04:56 PM
350orevo

i was parked outside a bar and a drunk couple walked by and the man said "baby when i win the lottery, im gonna buy u a porcha, like that one." LOL
Me and my friend were cracking up when we heard him say that!!!
Old 10-21-2006, 05:26 PM
diwun67

Originally Posted by ThisIsFor350z

Where in Tampa is this, I'm gonna hang out for day there

The first week I moved here (July this year) I was at a redlight and noticed on my left side a blonde looking at me and my car the whole time. The light goes green and her window drops and her female buddy driver yells out at me "Hey my friend wants to do you!" So yeah I caught up with them at the next light and they ask me if I wanted to go to the mall (we were basically there) So I said sure. The blonde ended up being 18 and immature

Another night coming home from a local meet around 2 am this very cute brunette chick is just straight grilling me up and down at a light, I smile at her and she says she loves my car, so we made small talk, I ask for her # and she tells me she had a b/f! Ladies, don't flirt with a guy just to tell him you have a b/f, that's fcked up
Old 10-21-2006, 06:02 PM
Agentman03

Every Day Get The Twist and Turn Stares and Comments ,Wife and I were going from a parking lot into a mall craft store and some teenage kit riding buy with his mom? Said "HOLEY FXXXEN sXXX , lOOK AT bOSS CAR , AND HIS MOM OR WHOEVER , DID A LONGER STARE , THEN AS WE PROCEATED TOWARD THE STORE ,SHE STARTED TO CHEW ON HIM ABOUT HIS LANGUAGE ...

Quick Reply: What's the best compliment you have gotten?