Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

What's the best compliment you have gotten?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 11:07 AM
DaytonaRoadster
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyplace i go with underage girls saying "omg hot car, so when you gonna come take me for a ride"...then i look in the rearview mirror and that chris hansen guy is watching me
Old 03-01-2008, 11:25 AM
SniperHunter

The past three days have been filled with compliments, either that or I'm just noticing them again. My girlfriend always tells me people look at my car, but I guess I try to be conceded and pay attention to bask.

At a drive through, a girl said "I really like your car...". An old coworker also complimented me on how beautiful it is. Then, today, I pulled into Autozone and my classmate gawked at the car and fell in love with the exhaust. And shortly after, a pair of kids were crossing the street with their dad and remarked "Cooool. Dad look! Look!"

Hehe. =)
Old 03-01-2008, 11:26 AM
JZ33

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

current GF's first reaction to the Z:

"Holy ****!! THATS your car!?"

She rarely cusses XD
Old 03-01-2008, 12:24 PM
Nismospeed4life

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JZ33
current GF's first reaction to the Z:

"Holy ****!! THATS your car!?"

She rarely cusses XD
Lets see some pictures of your car.
Old 03-01-2008, 03:17 PM
ladyzed

I parked my Z outside of walmart in the no parking zone to allow my fiance to shop in the communist mart.

Anyway, I had many many people walk by and say "NICE CAR" and a few older ladies saying " NICE COLOR"

That's it so far, besides the usual people gawking through the windows while driving by.
Old 03-01-2008, 03:25 PM
badkarma85

Originally Posted by DaytonaRoadster
anyplace i go with underage girls saying "omg hot car, so when you gonna come take me for a ride"...then i look in the rearview mirror and that chris hansen guy is watching me
Old 03-01-2008, 03:31 PM
JETPILOT

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Strider619
don't mean to be an as$ but Z's can't compare to porsches. If anything, they would say we're posers.
I am friends with the owners/employees at Champion Motorsport http://championmotorsport.com/ (they won the 24 hours of Le Mans last year and numerous years previous) and they think my car is sick. They love my car. They have some crazy Porsche's there and my car get's no less respect and attention when I'm there hanging out or getting service.

JET

Last edited by JETPILOT; 03-01-2008 at 03:37 PM.
Old 03-01-2008, 03:57 PM
AreYouAMac

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Looks like a Porsche to me!! = )
Old 03-01-2008, 04:46 PM
NismoKid

About a month ago, I was parking my car at the train station going to work at about 6:15 AM so it was dark. I always park under the light pole. As I'm leaving to the platform, this guy walking there said he loved the car and especially the color (LeMans Sunset) and asked if it was a custom color to which I replied it was not. I have to say though, LS looks best at night under light.

One of my neighbors has a 2 year old who he takes out to walk around our cul-de-sac in the subdivision. He ALWAYS points out my car and runs up to it, lol. His parents tell me how much he loves me car. A similar situation happened on the main road nearby when I was driving earlier this week. Some guy was walking his son and the father pointed to my car and the kid had the biggest smile on his face.

When I first got it, I took it to a friend's parents place when he was in town. Both of his parents freaked out and asked what car that was outside, lol. This was back in March of 2003 and I guess they never knew the 350Z existed and both said they loved it.

While I was attending UF, one of my neighbors (girl) said "cute car" and I just cringed and said thanks anyway, lol. The girl next door to me loved the car and I always had the Z car cover on it. Her mom stopped by and asked her why it had a cover on and she said because she couldn't have it, lol. Her mom had a 1st gen 300ZX fwiw.

While driving on UF's campus on a Saturday, a few camp counselors were walking two groups of kids (~8-10 yo) somewhere. I passed the first group up to a red light. They were all jumping up and down going crazy, hahaha. I turned left and caught up to the second group, which were walking the same direction I was driving. One of the kids at the back of group heard my car and turned around and started to freak out. He then started a chain reaction, ahahah. Hilarious. The Z turned some heads back at school when it came out, I couldn't believe it.

Another time when I went to Target to buy some Mobil 1 oil, the high school girl at the register asked what car this was for. I said the Z and without her even seeing the car, she went on and on about how much she loved it, lol.

Nowadays, only kids really get wide-eyed whenever they see it. It's new to them. Not many adults say much anymore compared to when I first got it 5 years ago. Some guy back then told his gf my car was $100k.

edit: holy chit i typed a lot

Last edited by NismoKid; 03-01-2008 at 04:49 PM.
Old 03-01-2008, 07:56 PM
NOLIMITS

I Was At One Of Our Local Import Car Meets That Are In Fort Myers Every Saturaday, And After Getting Harrased By The Cops About My Music Volume And Having To Mediate Between Them, My Wife, And Her Brother As They Could Not Stop Insulting One Another. And Somehow We Still Didn't Get A Ticket. Needless To Say There Were About 150 Cars There That Night And As I Left I Lit It Up And Took My Baby Sideways Down The Parking Lot, Out Of My Rear View I Watched And Heard A Kid In The Crowd I Was Just Talking To Yell, Thats A F******* Car And Thats How You Drive It. And Of Course Everywhere I Go It Gets Starred At, The Otherday A Guy Asked Me What Kind Of Car It Was(guess It Doesn't Look Like A Z-anymore).
Old 03-01-2008, 09:38 PM
JZ33

Originally Posted by Nismospeed4life
Lets see some pictures of your car.
im putting my CF hood on tomorrow, so ill get some fresh pics and put them up!
Old 03-02-2008, 06:06 AM
Nismospeed4life

Originally Posted by JZ33
im putting my CF hood on tomorrow, so ill get some fresh pics and put them up!
I'm sorry, I am sure you meant to say (G.F.) as in girlfriend? in the hood of the car?
Old 03-02-2008, 07:35 AM
fowlman01

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NOLIMITS
I Was At One Of Our Local Import Car Meets That Are In Fort Myers Every Saturaday, And After Getting Harrased By The Cops About My Music Volume And Having To Mediate Between Them, My Wife, And Her Brother As They Could Not Stop Insulting One Another. And Somehow We Still Didn't Get A Ticket. Needless To Say There Were About 150 Cars There That Night And As I Left I Lit It Up And Took My Baby Sideways Down The Parking Lot, Out Of My Rear View I Watched And Heard A Kid In The Crowd I Was Just Talking To Yell, Thats A F******* Car And Thats How You Drive It. And Of Course Everywhere I Go It Gets Starred At, The Otherday A Guy Asked Me What Kind Of Car It Was(guess It Doesn't Look Like A Z-anymore).
i would give you a ticket just because of the way you type.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:13 AM
Nismospeed4life

Originally Posted by fowlman01
i would give you a ticket just because of the way you type.

Old 03-02-2008, 10:11 AM
trains1937

Received 119 Likes on 14 Posts

Second time posting here:

This morning was getting into my car at a shopping center. An old geezer with a beard driving a truck pulls up and asks me where the closest Starbucks was. I give him directions, he says "Thanks" and "By the way I really like your car." Then I said "Thanks." He pulls away and heads for Starbucks.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:18 AM
fowlman01

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by trains1937
Second time posting here:

This morning was getting into my car at a shopping center. An old geezer with a beard driving a truck pulls up and asks me where the closest Starbucks was. I give him directions, he says "Thanks" and "By the way I really like your car." Then I said "Thanks." He pulls away and heads for Starbucks.
Since you are 70, what age does a guy have to be for you to consider him an old geezer?
Old 03-02-2008, 11:30 AM
trains1937

Received 119 Likes on 14 Posts

An "old geezer" is not an old geezer because of age. "Old geezers" look like old geezers.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:00 PM
JZ33

Originally Posted by Nismospeed4life
I'm sorry, I am sure you meant to say (G.F.) as in girlfriend? in the hood of the car?
nope, lol, meant what i said:

Old 03-02-2008, 12:21 PM
Nismospeed4life

^^Nice!
Old 03-02-2008, 12:23 PM
Nismospeed4life

Originally Posted by trains1937
An "old geezer" is not an old geezer because of age. "Old geezers" look like old geezers.

American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source - Share This geeˇzer (gē'zər) Pronunciation Key
n. Slang
An old person, especially an eccentric old man.

Quick Reply: What's the best compliment you have gotten?