Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Calls to Regional Offices

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2002, 03:31 AM
nizl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry ZISME, but gotta add yet another voice to this.

You know I've criticized NNA all along for poor communication, since the early stages of missing and incorrect confirmations.

I really haven't tried to bug anyone, but I did call my dealer last night for the first time in months to see if they had any idea what was up. As usual: NOTHING. Here's what he said, and I quote:

Your best bet is to probably go on nissandriven.com, or call 1-800-NISSAN, because we don't have any info. We haven't been told anything regarding delivery or tracking numbers.
So, you tell us to call the dealers, and the dealers tell us to call you.

Which is it?
Old 07-12-2002, 03:32 AM
2003z

Default sorry ZISME

but your dealer network sucks. Judging by all the above posts, these are not isolated instances, but a system wide epidemic. If Nissan wants us to stop bugging the regional reps, they should go after the dealerships, not the customers.

oh yeah, why don't the dealers care? How about this. They have already sold us the car and are making money, therefore have no incentive to help us. Additionally, maybe they figure they can **** enough people off that they will cancel their order, then they can jack the price up even further for the next idiot.

Last edited by 2003z; 07-12-2002 at 03:34 AM.
Old 07-12-2002, 04:13 AM
raceboy
Banned

Same here. I really now need to know when my Z is going to arrive!! I have another car I need to sell and don't want to really have to rely on my wife's car for a month for transportation!!
Old 07-12-2002, 04:13 AM
Enforcer

Best read in a southern drawl:

"What we have here... is a failure to communicate."

Enforcer
Old 07-12-2002, 04:19 AM
duncan

When i went to firkins nissan in bradenton fl. they say well its moved back to sept.on my feb order ,seems like they could care less as Im alreadycommitted to the vehicle.as a matter of fact seems like they wich i cancel my order to make more money on my car(making $5000 already)
Old 07-12-2002, 04:20 AM
goofyZ

Count me in. Ordered jan 16. that was the last I heard from my dealer. I try not to bug them,so I haven't called til this week. They can't seem to find the tracking number. (but did say it would be on a pre owners manual which I should be getting.

I don't ask for much.... Just Some Idea as to when I'm getting my car.
Old 07-12-2002, 04:43 AM
droideka

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow. Not a single, satisfied customer. Just a fluke? I think not.

ZISME, you've done a great job of helping us in the past. If you would, please use the E-mail this page link to send this thread to your higher-ups. We are a very excited group of enthusiasts who at the same time can't help but be pissed off at your dealer network.

When you order a BMW, you get a VIN as soon as the chassis goes on the assembly line. You get status codes all throughout the production process and you're even told the name of the boat your new baby is on. I don't think we are asking to much for our clueless dealers to know if the vehicle even exists.

Thanks for listening to our bitching.
Old 07-12-2002, 04:49 AM
GATORZ

Thumbs down

Like 2003Z said, only I'm not sorry. ZISME it's time you and Nissan get off your A$$ and get some info to the dealers or better yet the customers. Stinking little pre-order pack was a joke and telling a customer they shouldn't call for info is flat out unbelievable. IMHO you haven't told us anything more than the obvious. I'm not a flamer(spelling) but for you I will make an exception.
Old 07-12-2002, 04:50 AM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by 350zDeity
And this is the courteous board
I like that!

The Courteous Board.

Jay, you should add that to the home page (with due credit to 350zDeity of course), and I suggest even buying the domain name.
Old 07-12-2002, 05:21 AM
BILZ Z

Add me to the list ZISME. I emailed my dealer last evening requesting info and a call. Well low and behold I rec'd 2 emails today responding that they will look into my requests. Guess when the emails were sent ... 1 hour after I sent them at midnight. Seems Nissan is now allowing a computer to automatically answer emails with more of the BS. BTW, called my regional office, # given by a fellow Z enthusiast .. def. not the dealer, and was told MY car according to his computer was leaving the plant TODAY and will be on the boat shortly. Also, the dealer had the same info a while ago. Also indicated that ALL Z's whose destinations are in the midwest will arrive at the LA docks. He indicated that if all goes smoothly I should have my car ON TIME by mid August. Now that's a great Birthday present for me today. ZISME, please tell your dealers to get off their asses and get on the stick.

Last edited by BILZ Z; 07-12-2002 at 05:38 AM.
Old 07-12-2002, 05:54 AM
ZISME
Nissan USA

Things are getting a little nasty, so let me say that I get the fact that you are frustrated. No further illustration of this will make it any clearer. I will see what can be done to get information to you. Please understand that none of these pre-orders have serialized.
Old 07-12-2002, 06:13 AM
BILZ Z

Originally posted by ZISME
Things are getting a little nasty, so let me say that I get the fact that you are frustrated. No further illustration of this will make it any clearer. I will see what can be done to get information to you. Please understand that none of these pre-orders have serialized.
ZISME,

Sorry to put this all on you, you didn't create the problem ... your employer did. Anything that you can do to try to make info flow to us more quickly, bypassing the dealers, would be greatly appreciated. Interactive WEB type access ... even better. Thanks for your help.
Old 07-12-2002, 07:31 AM
principe

Zisme,

I guess you got the message loud and clear... but I just gotta tell you about this one!

I went to visit my dealer tonight (who knows dick) and brought along my Tamiya model nicely painted and my J-collection along with my pc to show them some pictures. They had not idea this infor was available.

The BUSINESS manager said gee what car is that! I fell over with shock that these characters are looking after my order. His answer to me when I said your kidding right ..."I've never seen one!" guess what most of us haven't but the dealer didn't even know his product!

Another case where the dealer not informed, aware of the 350Z geez... No one at the dealer could tell me how many 350Z cars they sold... they know they sold all of their allotment but don't know how many... man I give up!
Old 07-12-2002, 07:36 AM
CaneZMD

ZISME you did open a can of worms!! I feel bad, because it sounds like we're taking it out on you, but I know that's not true. It's just that many times, you're the only accurate source of info we have.

We're all really frustrated with our dealers. Mine waited two months to fax in my order. (ordered Feb, faxed in April) My original August delivery has changed from august, to september (Dealer), to september - november (on my Nissan mailer), to july 21st (Dealer), to end of august (Dealer). The NNA rep I spoke with told me flat out that there was nothing mailed to us before July 3rd! That wasn't true. I don't know who, if anyone, to believe.

I sold my car in anticipation of the Z. I'm buying a house next week, and it's hard to plan my finances without a delivery date. I even planned my medical rotations around my august delivery. I have a one month fudge factor, but if I don't get my car by September 9, I don't know what I'm going to do.

Thanks for your help ZISME, and don't take any of this personally. Anything you could do to get us info on delivery would be greatly appreciated, though.

Sincerely,

Cameron
Old 07-12-2002, 07:59 AM
myz350

I can understand that everyone that have pre-ordered the Z are anxious to get their car, but by calling Nissan or the dealer that don't have the info is not going to help either. I mean if Nissan has any info to give it to the dealer and keep you guys from calling them, you think that they won't do that instead? And if your dealer has any info regarding your delivery date, you think that they would hide from you so you get all pissed off and cancel your order and they lose their commision for the sale? I would like to think the group of people that are wealthy enough to purchase this car has got enough brain power to figure this much out. All I am saying is, when your car arrives in the dealer ship, your dealer will call you up to get his commision.
Old 07-12-2002, 08:16 AM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally posted by myz350
I can understand that everyone that have pre-ordered the Z are anxious to get their car, but by calling Nissan or the dealer that don't have the info is not going to help either. I mean if Nissan has any info to give it to the dealer and keep you guys from calling them, you think that they won't do that instead? And if your dealer has any info regarding your delivery date, you think that they would hide from you so you get all pissed off and cancel your order and they lose their commision for the sale? I would like to think the group of people that are wealthy enough to purchase this car has got enough brain power to figure this much out. All I am saying is, when your car arrives in the dealer ship, your dealer will call you up to get his commision.
That is the whole problem NNA has information that they say the dealers have but the delaer has no clue, today I got information from NNA that my dealer has yet to tell me about and probably wont, so we are smart enough to know where to get the information when it is not being supplied to us.
Old 07-12-2002, 08:48 AM
Intrepid

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ZISME,

If they're annoyed, may I suggest that Nissan release some information regarding delivery dates? It's not our fault that we've been kept in the dark.
Old 07-12-2002, 09:17 AM
Apexi350z
Charter Member #50

Default Online tracking would be the answer..

To solve all these problems without ppl calling to the office, setup an online tracking system, tell us the phase that the car is in, and keep it updated. We are in the information age right? so NNA should be able to setup some kind of system for pre-order customers only.

Quick Reply: Calls to Regional Offices