Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats the same delivery date I got.
Old 07-17-2002, 08:56 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Unhappy

Since I have not had a response from my e-mail to NNA Customer Service, I called 1-800-Nissan-1......a waste of time...no information...she said she created a file for me...I'm sure I can use it if I ever run out of TP..
Old 07-17-2002, 10:00 PM
SnoopyZ

I just called NNA, and the lady told me that they had no information regarding the delivery dates. (ugh...)
Old 07-17-2002, 10:12 PM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by SnoopyZ
I just called NNA, and the lady told me that they had no information regarding the delivery dates. (ugh...)
But Snoopy, you have delivery information. You have a T order, and an October scheduled delivery. I really don't think you will be able to get anymore specific information on your delivery for another month or more.

Granted, your T order does seem a bit out of place, based on you ordering 1/15/02. While I doubt there is anything you can do about this, if I were you, I would take a printout of the data we compiled into your dealer, and politely ask them why there seems to be a discrepancy in your delivery when compared to others. Of course, they probably won't know, but I think that is your first step.
Old 07-18-2002, 01:26 PM
Scafremon

Jay,

You keep bringing up this 'we don't own the cars' line, and while it's true that we haven't finalized the purchase, I don't understand the point of this continous message. Should we not refer to the cars we ordered as 'our cars'? When my dealer says "your car is due in November", should I correct her and tell her it isn't 'my car' yet? Most people will never even see the pinkslip for their car - excuse me - the 'banks' car that they are driving around. We should probably not consider it ours at the time when it is sitting in the garage of the house that our mortgage company owns. You throw out this line like it should make us all feel silly for having so much concern about our purchase. I honestly don't understand the purpose of you saying this.

Your post seems to refer to pretty much anyone who has picked up the phone and tried to be pro-active as being a complaining whining 3rd grader. Or maybe you just mean the people who have made 2 calls..or 3 calls. Or was the above post specifically directed at those people who called the plant (of which no one has said they have). It's hard to say. When I read it, I felt whatever group of people you were directed it at included me. Even though I have yet to call NNA, have only called the 800 number once, and have a great relationship with my dealer.

When our resident NNA poster says that we should call our dealer for our scheduled delivery, and our dealer says they have received nothing from NNA regarding the car we ordered, why shouldn't we be a little concerned? Why shouldn't we use this forum to voice those concerns? Why shouldn't we ask each other 'what are you being told?", and 'what if anything are you doing about it?"

It's great that some people have so much faith in Nissan, NNA, and their dealer, that they are comfortable with not checking on their order. Nissan will deliver their car when Nissan can, and whenever that might be is fine with them. Good for them! The perfect customer! But that's not me. Maybe it's because I am a middle man in my line of work, between large manufacturers and large constructors. They buy long-lead time items from these mfgr's, and believe me, when they are told it will take 28 weeks to deliver, they do not sit idle for 28 weeks before checking to see if everything is ok. And 6 months into a 9 month scheduled delivery, we do not tell them that we cannot see their order yet in the system, and that we do not know when it will arrive. Not if we ever want another order from them that is.

When Nissan advised us that our dealer should be able to give us more specific delivery information in June/July, I didn't think I would be this far into July without having heard squat. (Yes, I know they only said 'should'). They have been able to provide updates to some people, but why not the rest of us? It would be so damn easy for them to eliminate the concerns that they very well know are going through the minds of some of their customers, by just getting word to us. But for alot of us, we just get silence.

And when we complain about the silence on your forum, you also want to silence us? For quite a few of us, there really isn't much more to talk about in regards to our Z's, except for delivery. I think the forum threads pretty much reflect that. There isn't much more of an On-Topic thread then delivery right now.

Having said all the above, I'm done. If you'd prefer, I won't post another stitch about being concerned about the delivery of the car I ordered. I promise.
Old 07-18-2002, 05:11 PM
BW350Z

Scafremon,

Let me get this straight. You track your orders? Give your customers answers? Look, if you keep doing that, other consumers are going to get wind of your practices and start asking me to do the same! I, like most companies I am sure, play dumb and pass the buck when customers call me to find out when their print order will be ready. I guess i could just ask my plant manager but......

Old 07-18-2002, 07:13 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Cool

Oh My Jay! (since we're not allowed to say God in public in California)

Bad night last night big guy??

While I don't intend to call Nissan Regional or the factory, I have called the 1-800 number once and that led nowhere. I also sent an e-mail last Friday and finally received an initial answer today (a little past the 24 hour response time they post). I'll continue my e-mail quest as long as I feel the dialouge continues.

My wife asked me the other night why delivery is such a concern to so many and I explained that some folks have to plan ahead and sell a current car before they can handle the new one. This concept was not hard for her to grasp. Why does it bother you so much?
Old 07-18-2002, 07:37 PM
Sabre

I'm going to have to agree with some of the others that have posted. I don't see any wrong with calling the 800 number. We're not buying flowers here. We would like to have some type of info to tide us over. I have yet to call the number (even though I have yet to receive a confirmation), but I don't condone people for talking about their experiences doing so. I actually appreciate learning about their experiences. I agree, those who constantly call and complain about no new information are a little irritating. However, I would appreciate any info good or bad.
Old 07-18-2002, 07:40 PM
infinite z

If I wasn't lucky enough to have a dealer who gave a **** about their customers, I'd be in semi-panic mode like alot of you too. I don't blame anyone for trying to get some idea of when delivery is going to be. My dealer told me on June 25 that my delivery date was confirmed as Sept. 30, +/- 10 days. Seeing this day pop up from many of you, I am comfortable that it is accurate. If my dealer hadn't been able to tell me that info, I definitely would be calling and or emailing higher up in Nissan until I got an answer.

Regardless of whether or not these are "our" cars or not yet, I think the least we deserve is a delivery estimate. I've already steered one friend to purchase a Nissan vehicle since I preordered, and as long as they keep treating me well, I'll keep referring friends to them. If they weren't able to give me info on my Z yet, I don't know that I'd have alot of faith in their customer service. I think the problem here is the dealers, not Nissan. Unfortunately, the only way to solve that is to go around them.
Old 07-18-2002, 07:47 PM
robbyn
Charter Member #79

Jeez Jay, I don't understand you. I wonder if it would do any good to report your post to a moderator, it seems to me that one of the rules of this site, is not to insult people if you disagree with them. Calling people "third graders" because they want to know when their car is going to arrive seems to me, insulting someone that you disagree with. Oh wait, never mind, the moderator would be you, guess it wouldn't do any good. I have played by Nissan's rule, I have not called the Nissan region, nor have I called Japan. I have, however, called NNA and my dealer, and they KNOW NOTHING. It is the end of July, I need to know if my car is coming in August, September or October. I don't believe that is too much to ask. Whether we need to know for planning purposes, or just because we can't wait for our car, I don't think it gives you the right to insult us because we want to know when our car is coming. Especially, considering you DON'T EVEN HAVE A PRE-ORDER. Obviously, this car is not as important to you, as it is to the rest of us, I mean you SOLD YOUR PRE-ORDER, for a few lousy bucks. I am not criticizing your for selling your pre-order, but it seems very disingenious to me for you to say, we should all wait patiently for our pre-orders, when YOU DON"T HAVE ONE. I drove my first Z, 25 years ago, this will be my third Z, and if you think I am a "third grader" because I would like to know what MONTH I can expect my Z, I guess I can live with that.
Old 07-18-2002, 08:12 PM
goofyZ

I also think Jay's thinking is directally contrary to this entire web site. If you take a step back what good does it do to come here and discusses(debate, complain) about anything? can't change it and we usally sound like a bunch of kindergardners.

And if we are just suppose to wait for THE cars to arrive, why was Jay or anybody, tring to get early looks (pictures) and stats of the car Before the cars were released? Seems like most early post on this site were related to this and other "anticiptory" discussions. Bad bad us for speculating and not waiting.

On the other hand, I have not called anybody but my deeler, and after 7-8 calls, I got my anwsers. I do think some people go to an extreme and demand too much.
Old 07-18-2002, 09:39 PM
ToddLuc

Originally posted by JmanZ
I think it's completely retarded to even attempt to call the plant looking for your car. If I was Nissan, I'd make special notes of the people that obviously can't get over the simple request to chill and make damn sure they get their car LAST.
I think in general this is a good thought. Calling NNA just to call and get a "fix" is not such a good idea.

However, other retards, like myself, have NO confirmation, NO update/confirmation from the dealership.

NNA has been very helpful trying to get my order confirmed. I think calling NNA just to call and get a "fix" is silly, yes. Calling them because there is a need to confirm an order that has been placed is normal, and needs to be expected.

If this order was lost, never placed, or not right, then I will either 1) not get a car, or 2) not get the car I ordered. Neither is desirable.

I am still waiting for confirmation on my order. I do not plan to, nor will I, inundate NNA. I will, however, call them once after this next five week period has elapsed.

I refuse to accept a "let's just wait and see if you get one" attitude from a dealer. Do I call because I want a "warm fuzzy" feeling? No. I call because of a "did you even get my order" concern.

My point is that not everyone is calling just to call.

Regards,
me

Last edited by ToddLuc; 07-18-2002 at 09:42 PM.
Old 07-18-2002, 11:07 PM
robbyn
Charter Member #79

Originally posted by JmanZ
I just woke, reread what I had typed last night and yeah, the heat had gotten o me and perhaps I was more than a little outspoken.

I don't think there is anything wrong with calling Nissan's customer service line. I just read the post regarding how to call the plant and I guess I lost it. I have since edited my own post from earlier.

I still think the thought of calling the plant itself is not the smartest thing to do, but hey, that's just me.

-j-
Hey, what do you know, reporting that post to the moderator did work. J/k. Anyway, glad you took the more inflammatory stuff out of your post. Having gone back and re-read my post, it also may have been a little more inflammatory than it needed to be, so I was going to edit mine as well. Unfortunately, I just found out I can't edit my post more than 90 minutes after I posted it. All well
Old 07-18-2002, 11:17 PM
wxtornado

Quietly, the forum members join hands in a big circle, softly humming Kumbaya to each other.......
Old 07-19-2002, 12:16 AM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Cool

I'm told by my team of respected therapists that letting it all out is good for you...do we all feel better now?
Old 07-19-2002, 02:21 AM
Scafremon

So like yesterday? It was kind of a bad day for me.

My job is pretty much a 7AM-5PM thingy. But we have this big contract to supply some equipment for the Navy in San Diego. And the manufacturer of this equipment are some long time friends of mine, and they are local. And they are behind schedule. So at 2:00pm I take off the tie and slacks, and put on the jeans and steel toes, and bust my azz helping them complete the product until almost midnite. And I get home, see Jay's post, and I go off.

And while I have had many dreams about my Z since March, I had my first my350Z.com dream last night. It was me and Jay, bouncing from thread to thread: he'd post, and I would post a rebuttal. On and on and on. Until he got so fed up with me, that he booted me. My screen went blank, and then flashed up a screen that said:

"Your My350Z.com membership has ended". And there were all these stats, like when you finish some type of video game. Number of posts. Number of replies. Percentages, spreadsheets, charts, graphs, hit's, misses, friends foes, on and on.

Game over.

It was a very depressing dream.

There must've been something in the air last night........

hold on.

Quick Reply: 1-800-nissan1