14.43%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

1-800-nissan1

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2002, 12:32 AM
2003z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, here's my story,

I called NNA about a month ago to get a corrected confirmation letter. At first the guy didn't know anything about it, but with a little more encouragement, he was able to find the guy in charge of these things. I left a voice mail on that guy's machine (I think his name was Dave Negril?, but I lost the paper I had written it and my order number on) Anyway, he called me back and said I would get a corrected one in about 2 weeks.

fast forward 4 weeks, today
I received not only my black envelope, but a survey from Nissan on my customer service experience. Unfortunately, the confirmation still shows my original order of a touring model, and not the current track. I know the info is wrong, because my dealer has my S number and the production sheet shows a Track model.
Old 07-20-2002, 03:35 AM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Cool

I did get a response to my original e-mail to NNA customer service..they asked for more info and of course I gave it ...I'll let you know if I get my tracking number after all
Old 08-01-2002, 10:16 PM
3rdpower

Situation: Unresponsive dealer, inconclusive delivery dates, no sales person (has left the company), ignorance on product line.

Outcome:

Well I have called Nissan (I'm actually on hold right now) Wait time was 10 minutes. Had to drop - too long.
Old 08-02-2002, 12:23 AM
3rdpower

Well I finally got through and uh... I was a littlllee disapointed but it was to be expected. Nothing new could be shared - the lady said call the dealer around the 15th of August... *shrug* can't do much else
Old 08-02-2002, 03:38 AM
rep15

Which unresponsive dealer did you order through in the Seattle area?
Old 08-02-2002, 04:38 AM
belkmike

I wrote to them about whether the Track model had a height adjustment for the seats. I got this zero value added response.

Dear Mike,

Thank you for contacting Nissan North America, Inc. and allowing us the opportunity to be of assistance.

We appreciate your great interest in the Highly anticipated 350Z.

Yes, the seats in the 350Z track model adjust to height as they have 6-way manual adjustable seats.

If you have any further questions or comments, please feel free to e-mail us.

Sincerely,

Sean P.
National Consumer Affairs
Old 08-02-2002, 05:13 AM
Boomer

Default Re: My Read on This:

Originally posted by RxO

Quote from Nissan e.mail to Jay:
"If a customer is frustrated with their dealer where should they turn? 1-800-NISSAN1. The Nissan Customer Assistance team is TRAINED to handle these inquiries. The people in the regions have other jobs to do and it is hit and miss whether they can help."

So:
Call your dealer first. If he/she cannot help then the option offered was to contact the 1-800 number rather than contacting the regional offices. Makes sense as long as the 1-800 number can answer or forward your request on to someone that can help.
The poll was more of a general survey of the helpfulness of contact through the 1-800 method.

Is it all clear now? (where did you go Jeff?)
This post parallels my experience. I called the dealer first and found they didn't have tracking or VIN#s. I called NNA 1 800 NISSAN1 and got a nice young woman who told about the delay in production, did not have any info at all, but she would set up a file to use as a reference for future inquiries on my order. I thanked her, hung up, and took out my frustrations on family and fellow members of this site, sorry.

When things started heating up in the last few days with order #s and delivery dates, I called my contact on Monday, couldn't get her and spoke to a guy who said he would relay my questions to my primary contact. I started but couldn't find my file # for reference. He couldn't access anything without my file # and I said I would call back. I found my file number, called back and got the same guy who took my file number and questions, when and where is the Z basically, and said my contact would be in touch soon. She called and left me a message, she would get back with me on Wednesday.

When she hadn't called by noon, I called her. She told me she had called my dealer and they did not have an order number for my car yet. I asked if the dealer would receive the number and her unit get it at the same time. She said, no, we won't get the number until the dealer gets it and a customer, who has a File, asks about delivery dates and she can call the dealer and get it to me, if the dealer hasn't already contacted me. I asked if any customers would receive the order numbers or VIN#s from Nissan and she said no, only the dealer will receive them. I thanked her for calling my dealer's inventory manager, actually the sales manager, and said I would call her again, if I didn't hear from the dealer in a couple of weeks.

Here is my question, Why is 1 800 NISSAN1's Customer Service Division not receiving the order and Vin#s of customers with file #s at the same time as the dealer? It would save a lot of wear and tear on NNA if they could be the good guys in this process and give me, and others like me with a contact and file, those #s as quickly as they could right after they get them.

We could call our salesman at the dealer and tell him/her the numbers so they could start the contract process. When our cars come in, they could call us and we could bring our money, checks,etal and close the deal quickly with less upset than what is happening now. Then, nobody's pissed at anybody and we have our cars ASAP.

Remember, not all of us ordered our cars from dealerships selling only Nissans, my dealership sells Cadillacs and Oldsmobiles also. And, my dealership was only alloted SEVEN(7) 350Zs in the preorder process. Seven 350Zs at MSRP are very small potatoes in a dealership which moves 2 or 300 cars a month.

Boomer--NNA needs to give their Customer Service section more info than they are getting now. Maybe its already happening, with the rash of order#s, I hope so.
BR/FR/AT

Last edited by Boomer; 08-02-2002 at 05:16 AM.
Old 08-02-2002, 06:08 AM
3rdpower

Vin #'s... how and when are dealers getting them.
Old 08-02-2002, 07:34 AM
Phat Z

RXO.

Why do you keep coming to Miami? There are a bunch of us here in South Florida who purchased cars and would love the opportunity to see one. Can you help?
Old 08-02-2002, 08:52 AM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Cool

I just re-read this thread and realized that the last response I got from NNA by e-mail was over 10 days ago...It Is Hopeless...what concerns me is that I hope this kind of response is not indicative of Nissan Customer Service after we receive our cars
Old 08-03-2002, 12:39 AM
Phat Z

RXO,

I too called Nissan today and while they were very nice, they had ZERO information.
Old 08-04-2002, 03:07 AM
RxO

Originally posted by Phat Z
RXO.

Why do you keep coming to Miami? There are a bunch of us here in South Florida who purchased cars and would love the opportunity to see one. Can you help?
I am relocated to Colon, Panama but do fly to Miami once in a while. To all over the USA as well.
Old 08-04-2002, 07:52 AM
marcZZZ
not a regular pain in the ass

Originally posted by RxO

I am relocated to Colon, Panama but do fly to Miami once in a while. To all over the USA as well.
RxO, if we ordered our cars in jan, do youthink we can expect our cars in aug, or at least by the end of sept? People who ordered i feb and march are getting theirs in aug/sept. my car was in preproduction in may per dealer when I tried to add some accessories and couldn't and was changed to o7 production, it seems that my VIN is not available yet...could you enlighten me? Thank you in advance, your replies always make me feel better and ease our waiting.
Old 08-04-2002, 12:45 PM
InternetABYSS

Does anyone see any similarites between RXO and Austin Powers International man of mystery?????

My guess is that he works for nissan or an affiliate. The high levels of information equals a senior executive maybe???

Why would he post a customer service 1-800 Poll?, I know this is important for Nissan since they have sent me 2 customer services polls in the past. but why would he care unless he can use the info for nissan CS training.

I can't wait till all this stuff is over and we get our cars. Then maybe RXO will reveal himself (I dont want to know your name and stuff just how you know what you know). This is just a swelling curiosity thing since RXO has by far been the best insider to this forum in the past 6 months and he does it from South America.......amazing.
Old 08-04-2002, 04:47 PM
2003z

Default my guess

is that he worked for Nissan, and was in charge, or near the top in Argentina. If you recall, his first posts were from nissan.ar, or something like that. Then, the Argentine economy tanked, our friend moved on to other enterprises, but still has his contacts at NNA, and is just a big fan of the car and its loyal following.
Old 08-04-2002, 07:28 PM
RxO

Originally posted by marcZZZ
RxO, if we ordered our cars in jan, do youthink we can expect our cars in aug, or at least by the end of sept? People who ordered i feb and march are getting theirs in aug/sept. my car was in preproduction in may per dealer when I tried to add some accessories and couldn't and was changed to o7 production, it seems that my VIN is not available yet...could you enlighten me? Thank you in advance, your replies always make me feel better and ease our waiting.
It all depends on how the 'build' is being scheduled at the assembly plant. The dealer will know as soon as it is landed in the US and the information has been transmitted to them.
Old 08-04-2002, 07:38 PM
RxO

Default Wow...International Man Of Mystery!

Originally posted by InternetABYSS
Does anyone see any similarites between RXO and Austin Powers International man of mystery?????

My guess is that he works for nissan or an affiliate. The high levels of information equals a senior executive maybe???

Why would he post a customer service 1-800 Poll?, I know this is important for Nissan since they have sent me 2 customer services polls in the past. but why would he care unless he can use the info for nissan CS training.

I can't wait till all this stuff is over and we get our cars. Then maybe RXO will reveal himself (I dont want to know your name and stuff just how you know what you know). This is just a swelling curiosity thing since RXO has by far been the best insider to this forum in the past 6 months and he does it from South America.......amazing.
The poll was a response to the complaints of contacts to the regional offices. I wanted to see if the 1-800 worked as requested by NNA people. We have a pretty good picture of that now.
You are right, it would benefit them with the information. Have they checked out the poll and the detailed responses, who knows?
Remember that Panama is Central America so now I am closer to the source!
Maybe I will make it up north for the week of the 12th.
Attached Images  
Old 08-04-2002, 07:45 PM
dvlad

RxO,

One simple question. Is that you in the picture attached to your posts?
Old 08-04-2002, 07:57 PM
RxO

Default Re: my guess

Originally posted by 2003z
is that he worked for Nissan, and was in charge, or near the top in Argentina. If you recall, his first posts were from nissan.ar, or something like that. Then, the Argentine economy tanked, our friend moved on to other enterprises, but still has his contacts at NNA, and is just a big fan of the car and its loyal following.
Maybe you all should contact Nissan and demand that they hire poor old homeless Raul. It would be nice to live in California.
Old 08-04-2002, 08:44 PM
InternetABYSS

RXO....tell me who to talk to or send a email to, im sure alot of the folks here would give you a excellent reference if you arent working....I would be glad to sweet talk a few folks for you.

You have been great and a spectacular help for all the folks here. Next to Zisme you have been a big benefit of info and keeping the the preorder experience very fun and interesting.

If it hasnt been for your posts im sure alot of folks here would have lost interest.

You should get paid by Nissan just for keeping the Z hype going. IMHO

Quick Reply: 1-800-nissan1