Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Does ANYONE else have an EXHAUST leak?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2003, 07:17 PM
droideka

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Does ANYONE else have an EXHAUST leak?

This is the last flange in the system, between the resonator pipe and the exhaust. See all of that carbon build-up? I pointed it out to my dealer two weeks back and they blew me off because they couldn't "feel" the leak. Now, as of today, I've got a SES light and error code 442, EVAP Small Leak, as opposed to the more common code 456, EVAP Very Small Leak. I can actually hear the exhaust "farting" at the flange now and the car runs a bit rough at idle. WOO HOO!!! Back to the shop!

I looked at four other 350s this weekend and not a one had carbon build-up on the flange. None. Can someone else out there check their flanges for this build-up? Also, let me know if you've got an SES notice.

Thanks!
Old 03-16-2003, 07:40 PM
WashUJon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not ANOTHER prob, Droid. Man... I'm so sorry.

How many miles did it take for you to notice the carbon buildup?

-Jon
Old 03-16-2003, 09:25 PM
Rob Nance

Don't know if this is an option, but I for one would reccomend trying other Nissan dealerships. If a dealer shrugged off that obvious leak I would have asked to talk to the general manager and told him you were going elsewhere and then contacted NNA. That's terrible service man, sorry to hear about it.

I had my SES light come on the first day I had it, and I feel like I hear a sound that might be it (or might be the fuel pump). I'm going to go check tomorrow though, thanks for the heads up Droid!
Old 03-16-2003, 09:32 PM
droideka

Thanks for the condolences, guys, but suprisingly, I'm not really that pissed off. I've gotten over the days of throwing hissy fits about every little problem. I've got a warranty and I'll get the **** fixed.

Contrary to my earlier stance (months ago), I'm not interested in getting rid of the car just yet. I still want to put the S-Tune suspension on when it arrives! On the other hand, if I have to go into the shop every week, I'll be all over NNA's *** and just work out a really good deal on a Silverstone track.
Old 03-17-2003, 02:26 AM
jmark

Originally posted by droidekaus
Thanks for the condolences, guys, but suprisingly, I'm not really that pissed off. I've gotten over the days of throwing hissy fits about every little problem. I've got a warranty and I'll get the **** fixed.

Contrary to my earlier stance (months ago), I'm not interested in getting rid of the car just yet. I still want to put the S-Tune suspension on when it arrives! On the other hand, if I have to go into the shop every week, I'll be all over NNA's *** and just work out a really good deal on a Silverstone track.
When's the S-tune due in? Curious to get your take on it vs. the bounce many of us are complaining about.......
Old 03-17-2003, 05:14 AM
DrDrilZ

could this be the intermittent "hissing"sound that many have talked about near the rear of the car? mine does this too.
Old 03-17-2003, 05:19 AM
droideka

Originally posted by jmark
When's the S-tune due in? Curious to get your take on it vs. the bounce many of us are complaining about.......
End of April. Long wait...
Old 03-17-2003, 06:22 AM
droideka

Originally posted by DrDrilZ
could this be the intermittent "hissing"sound that many have talked about near the rear of the car? mine does this too.
Like a tiny BOV? I hear that too. Weird.
Old 03-17-2003, 08:06 AM
WashUJon

I thought that hiss was just the fuel pump?

Maybe the bouncy ride is enough to cause the exhaust flange to flex and pull apart. Who knows. Thank god we all have warranties.
Old 03-17-2003, 08:37 AM
Rizzness

I have the "Hiss", too!@!
Does anyone know exactly what this is? Fuel pump/exhaust/ whatever?
ZZ
Old 03-17-2003, 02:38 PM
Traffic

Maybe now is the time to get an aftermarket exhaust?
Old 03-17-2003, 09:20 PM
Rob Nance

Originally posted by Daytona
Maybe now is the time to get an aftermarket exhaust?
haha, you're the little devil on his shoulder!
Old 01-29-2018, 10:25 AM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

So, you resurrected a fifteen-year old thread to sell a product on an infomercial?

Do you even own a 350Z?
The following users liked this post:
Spike100 (01-30-2018)
Old 01-29-2018, 10:47 AM
JoePublicVA

Default Resurrect, own 350. Yes an no

The problem of warped flanges existed before 350 were produced. There are many suggested fixes. I designed a better mouse trap. Thx for your reply
Old 01-29-2018, 10:51 AM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

Sure. Now read THIS THREAD, ******** and stop spamming the board with your thinly-veiled advertisement until you pay up to become a site sponsor.

https://my350z.com/forum/private-classifieds/read-first-rules-regarding-private-classifieds-194.html

Requirements In Order to Help Prevent Fraud

You need to meet at least one of the following requirements to post in the Private Classfields:

1. Member of the site for at least 90 days
2. Post Count of 500 or more
3. Be a Premier Member

The biggest problem on any major forum-based site is the classifieds. Many people get scammed every day, and most people out to scam don't want any trace of them being found. They will not hesitate to take your money and run, but if it involves registration/payment on their part, they are far less likely to do so. We can't promise it will be completely stopped, but this setup will provide us with a good "paper trail" with which we can track down scammers.

I know many people that have been scammed by people on forum sites that offer free classifieds, and I'm not talking a loss of little amounts of money. It is in our best interest to protect our members and our investment.

With that being said, if you are serious about selling parts on the board, you will need to meet one of the requirements. You will not be able to respond to classifieds, but will still be able to PM the members that post them. This setup, combined with iTrader, will give us the best defense against scammers.

Last edited by zakmartin; 01-29-2018 at 10:58 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by zakmartin:
jhc (01-29-2018), WYZIWYG (01-30-2018)
Old 01-29-2018, 11:04 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,044 Likes on 6,510 Posts

flagged the post for spam
The following users liked this post:
jhc (01-29-2018)
Old 01-29-2018, 11:33 AM
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,594 Posts

Thanks Gents.
Marketplace is the only area too sell in. As stated, user can become a Premium member then sell. Further attempts to sell outside the rules will be met with an infraction or worse.
The following 2 users liked this post by jhc:
travlee (01-29-2018), zakmartin (01-29-2018)
Old 01-29-2018, 04:03 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

How do we acquire a trade of dirty photos for vast useless knowledge?
Old 01-30-2018, 12:33 AM
JoePublicVA

Originally Posted by zakmartin
Sure. Now read THIS THREAD, ******** and stop spamming the board with your thinly-veiled advertisement until you pay up to become a site sponsor.

https://my350z.com/forum/private-cla...fieds-194.html

Requirements In Order to Help Prevent Fraud

You need to meet at least one of the following requirements to post in the Private Classfields:

1. Member of the site for at least 90 days
2. Post Count of 500 or more
3. Be a Premier Member

The biggest problem on any major forum-based site is the classifieds. Many people get scammed every day, and most people out to scam don't want any trace of them being found. They will not hesitate to take your money and run, but if it involves registration/payment on their part, they are far less likely to do so. We can't promise it will be completely stopped, but this setup will provide us with a good "paper trail" with which we can track down scammers.

I know many people that have been scammed by people on forum sites that offer free classifieds, and I'm not talking a loss of little amounts of money. It is in our best interest to protect our members and our investment.

With that being said, if you are serious about selling parts on the board, you will need to meet one of the requirements. You will not be able to respond to classifieds, but will still be able to PM the members that post them. This setup, combined with iTrader, will give us the best defense against scammers.
ok. This homemade solution is considered a thinly veiled spam???? Shameless plug, yes. Spam or scam, no. Many ideas are posted on sights. Many products are referred to by site users. How does one discern from a product push and a legitimate solution to a real problem? My fix isn't for sale. I do, like every idea posted here, want to engage the minds of the problem solvers and problem seekers. Thx for allowing me to comment....********-er included
Old 01-30-2018, 04:09 AM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

Without stock exhaust it's not much of a problem.

Quick Reply: Does ANYONE else have an EXHAUST leak?