Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350z causing fatal crash in Delaware!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 10:49 AM
03BrickyardZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CEO350Z
again, no blame to anyone on the board, but how do we know for sure the Z actually raced?!

the ion could have been flying by and hit the old lady, then freaking out, says he was racing the Z. he could have blamed it on racing when he was entirely at fault.

but the comment of if A didn't race then B wouldn't have either is . how do you know for sure both parties participated.
Doubt it. Addind a racing violation to ANY ticket is a big deal.

We're 350Z drivers, so we want to believe the guy in the 350Z did nothing wrong, but we all know he was racing. Devils advocate aside, would the saturn have gone to the speeds neccesary to shear a mercedes IN HALF(!) if the Z hadn't been racing? I'm just saying, I would lay down odds that the Z was racing the Ion.

Besides, why would the Z leave the scene? Someone thought it was important enough to notate the license plate number, and I doubt it was the saturn driver. I doubt I would remember the plate number of some random car as I'm getting in an extremely high speed collision.

I would be willing to bet that even the people defending the poor schmuck in this particular Z think he was probably racing.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:49 AM
dbasal

Originally Posted by Xx SiFaKa
You beat me too it! Lol, I was just about to say that.
Good point! That being said though, it sounds like they have enough information on this guy/girl. Hopefully murder charges will be brought. We need to stop the street racers! They are more dangerous these days than gangs. Sounds like a "Take back the Streets" campaign to me.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:53 AM
rayzzee

in toronto last saturday night at 3 am a blk Z ran into a parked car at a high speed. the 19 year old driver is in critical condition.....
Old 11-13-2006, 10:54 AM
christian655321

Originally Posted by dbasal
Good point! That being said though, it sounds like they have enough information on this guy/girl. Hopefully murder charges will be brought. We need to stop the street racers! They are more dangerous these days than gangs. Sounds like a "Take back the Streets" campaign to me.

murder? i woudlt think so.

accidental homicide at best, but hey im no lawyer either, so who knows.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:55 AM
widebody350

Murder charges? lol yea right un-intentional manslaughter at best. More dangerous than gangs? Miami isn't too far from you..maybe you should go check out some of the gang/drug related activity down there then you might want to re-phrase that statement.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:58 AM
03BrickyardZ

Cause a death while (street) racing and the proper charge is Vehicular Homicide.

And it should be charged to both drivers. I dont know the law in NJ though.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:59 AM
dbasal

Originally Posted by xedes
Not trying to be insensitive, but it does sound like the elderly lady might have made an unsafe left turn. If she was about to cross over the oncoming traffic lanes, it was HER responsibility to make sure there were no cars coming.
Not true. She was doing nothing illegal. It did mention high rate of speed also. That means that those cars were covering a lot more ground and I would bet they violated a few traffic signals/signs also. It is the responsibility of the morons that street race to STOP!
Old 11-13-2006, 11:05 AM
GalvatronType_R

Whoever that Z driver is, he's a scumbag. He (or she) is living proof that the death penalty should be expanded to include people like this.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:07 AM
christian655321

Originally Posted by GalvatronType_R
Whoever that Z driver is, he's a scumbag. He (or she) is living proof that the death penalty should be expanded to include people like this.
damn. death penalty for a traffic accident? nice.

lets kill all the child molesters too then.

galv for pres! haha.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:08 AM
dbasal

Originally Posted by zownz
How does anybody know that the 350z driver was racing? He could have just been driving by and a ricer with an ION tried to race? Be honest guys, how many times does one drive down the street and someone will just freakin slam on the gas and do a fly by. Just so they can show how loud their car is and how it doesnt go anywhere. That aside, the 350z driver can be linked to a chain of cause. But all he has to say is " I was scared, and i went home i didnt want to be a suspect". No evidence, no case.
Even if he was not racing, he fled the scene. That IS a crime. Still, my bets are that he was racing. You are right though about evidence. the best possible scenario is that he is guilty of fleeing. Also, I see a disturbing trend. This is not about "get behind the guy that drives the Z". This is about street racing and the problems it causes and the reasons that it must be stopped on way or another. If they were really racing, then I would have wished that they both were killed and not the innocent bystander.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:08 AM
widebody350

^ not saying that they would be charged with un-intentional manslaughter but that, that is what they would probably be convicted of (especially if they have a good lawyer and do a plea bargin).
Old 11-13-2006, 11:20 AM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CEO350Z
Kelly might be right, maybe not. What if the Ion driver is just saying that about the Z so he can use him as a scapegoat or "if i'm going down, I'm taking you too" situations?

It's hard to say because we're just reading about it and weren't actually there to see the accident.
Because if the Ion driver wasn't racing the Z, but made up some BS like "if I'm going down, I'm taking you too", then he's effectively admitting to street-racing when otherwise he would just be speeding. That would be very detrimental to his case.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:21 AM
dbasal

Originally Posted by rayzzee
in toronto last saturday night at 3 am a blk Z ran into a parked car at a high speed. the 19 year old driver is in critical condition.....
Good. If he makes it out, maybe he will learn. If he does not... oh well. Note the age.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:23 AM
dbasal

Originally Posted by christian655321
murder? i woudlt think so.

accidental homicide at best, but hey im no lawyer either, so who knows.

You're right. Vehicular homicide in most states. To me homicide = murder, but under the law, I believe it is different. Not sure though.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:28 AM
dbasal

Originally Posted by widebody350
Murder charges? lol yea right un-intentional manslaughter at best. More dangerous than gangs? Miami isn't too far from you..maybe you should go check out some of the gang/drug related activity down there then you might want to re-phrase that statement.

I stick by the more dangerous than gangs. Reason being is that generally you need to go into the wrong area at the wrong time to have gang issues. We have our problems here too. With street racing, it can be right down the major interstate in the middle of the day. I don't fear gangs on my drive home from work, but have had more than enough people drive by me at incredible speeds that could have easily taken me out.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:30 AM
widebody350

If he does not...oh well note the age? You don't know why or what caused him to run into a parked car so you can't go saying that. And so what if he is 19? That makes it much better if he dies, right? I'm 19 does that mean that myself and any other 19 year old who for whatever reason gets in a car accident is more deserving of death than you? I look forward to your next post as your last few have been interesting, especially the one about murder charges and street racers being more dangerous than gangs. lol no offense
Old 11-13-2006, 11:31 AM
Ianmtx

Originally Posted by dbasal
Do you know anything about our legal system?
Old 11-13-2006, 11:41 AM
IndustrialDuane

Originally Posted by walkert
Guy guys are asking someone to face a firing squad. Good luck. Human nature is protect your self. Who is at fault is up to the cops. What if the saturn was doing a ricer fly by? You know when you are rideing in your z and some punk thinks it is cool to blow by you at 100+ to prove somthing. Then should the z diver fry?? Do you know the z's speed? You know the staturns speed by the impact. So to pass jugment befor the facts is not what this country is based on. Get you story straight then pass judgment. You want him dead for something you know nothing about sounds like you should live some where eles.

they had people see the accident, they say about 90 to 100 mph were the speeds the two cars were travling at.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:41 AM
ZlleH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Devil's advocate:

A Nissan 350Z was speeding (like almost everyone does one time or another) but not racing. Some punk in a Saturn ION decides to do a fly by to pass him on the right to "represent", elderly lady enters, ION hits the elderly lady's car.

Now should the Nissan 350Z be charge for speeding or for street racing?

Just imagine you were just doing 15 over the speed limit, and some punk does a fly by and then causes an accident and everyone now is out to get you for street racing... I think you would pretty much sh|t your pants and wonder if they would believe your story if you turn yourself in.

Innocent before proven guilty.

Originally Posted by trentor
i disagree. had the Z not been racing the Ion, the accident wouldn't have occurred. i'm sure there's enough evidence there to charge the Z driver with more than just speeding, reckless driving, and street racing.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:47 AM
Silkk

Originally Posted by christian655321
too many variables too too many --- impossible to argue --

what if whoever saw the plate is lying? what if whoever saw the plate has bad eyes? maybe the saw the wrong numbers on the plate, maybe it wasnt a 350z? maybe mistook a car driving next to the ion as a car racing the ion?
1) What logical reason would some 3rd-party with no interest (other than the safety of the parties involved) have for writing down a cars license plate number and reporting it as driving eratically or "racing"? Further, How was this 350z singled out of the 100 other cars travelling there at the time? Must be that it was the nicest car there, so someone just picked it out and wrote the plate down, right? No; It's only logical that he was doing something irresponsible or he wouldn't have been reported.

I still agree this is mostly an unfortunate event and mostly the Saturn driver's fault, but come'on use some logic. The people reporting this Z weren't doing so b/c they were jealous of the nice sports car travelling on the same roadway as them. Most people don't even give a $hit what you drive. I know that may be hard to fathom to those of you who "live for" your Z, but most people don't know about the Z, nor care about it. They do care about people's safety however and they did report this Z (or tried; again they couldn't get the entire plate for a reason) so for a reason...

2) On the reporter of the plate having bad eyes; Maybe the person did have bad eyes, but its a start. If your family member was killed because of a contribution by another person, wouldn't you want them to persue any leads possible even if the plate is off by a # or so? I think you would... I know I would...

3) On the "Street Racing or Not" argument that is a dead-horse by now. Reread #1 again. People don't report people out of jealousy, anger, or lies (unless it was your ex-girlfriend you cheated on acusing you of abuse or something); especially in this sort of scenario.

I give up though as I know all you Z-elitests ("the z can do no wrong") and non-good samaritan types are also stupid enough to stick to your guns until the bitter end of an internet argument. More powah to yah!

Quick Reply: 350z causing fatal crash in Delaware!