Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350z causing fatal crash in Delaware!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 01:35 PM
zownz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by trentor
this doesn't add up. the article states 9AM. so there was no "night" of the accident. also, there are pictures of the Benz in the article, and it's very obviously bright daylight, so that rules out the possibility of a typo. sorry, but either you or your friends are lying.
Very well observed. Who tha hell sets their alarm clock at 9am to go race. Thats like....the nerds of street racing.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:47 PM
gqong

Interesting, saw this on the forum someone posted above....

they were about to race goin down elkton road they were doing like 70mph, the lady pulled out in front and the saturn hit her as Z was behind and as it was coming up **** flying hit it so everyone thought it was a hit and run. the dude in Ion is my boy and he prolly wont even get any charges just media hype.
-----
Old 11-13-2006, 01:47 PM
gqong

BTW: i have nothing to do with that site, just joined to see if anyone had any info over there as to what happened as it seems alot of this is all talk.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:57 PM
zownz

umm come again? what happened? who hit who now? the ION hit the car but wont be charged? whaaa?
Old 11-13-2006, 02:00 PM
bdahern

Update on the local paper's site:

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/p.../NEWS/61113045

Seems someone noted the Z "speeding" away from a local car wash (located just down the road from where the accident happened) just before the accident.
Old 11-13-2006, 02:01 PM
gqong

haha i dunno wasnt entirely clear to me either..sounds liek they were not racing from what he wrote, just getting ready to but who knows..
Old 11-13-2006, 02:20 PM
Silkk

Originally Posted by gqong
haha i dunno wasnt entirely clear to me either..sounds liek they were not racing from what he wrote, just getting ready to but who knows..
Of course they weren't racing according to the Saturn driver and his friend(s)...
Old 11-13-2006, 02:41 PM
Black Duck

If the Z driver has no involvement then he should turn himself in.
Old 11-13-2006, 03:04 PM
HighwaySpeed

Exclamation

Originally Posted by widebody350
It's just called maturity." You should relay that to Stefan Eriksson and the Mercedes SLR he was racing.

FACTS:

* The owner of the car is Stefan Erikssen, a 44 year old former executive of Gizmondo. He left Gizmondo after allegedly being involved in a Swedish Mafia crime ring!!!!
* He only suffered a bloody lip in the accident
* He claimed that he was a passenger in the Enzo and that the person driving was a German guy named "Dietrich".
* He claimed that "they were racing a Mercedes SLR"
* Police estimate that he was travelling a minimum of 100 MPH and up to 200 MPH when the crash occurred.
* Stefan Erikssen was intoxicated at the time of the accident!!!!

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/special/enzo/

Last edited by HighwaySpeed; 11-13-2006 at 03:17 PM.
Old 11-13-2006, 03:11 PM
Silkk

^ Huh, I thought an Ion and 350z were racing. Now an enzo and mercedes SLR? I'm lost...
Old 11-13-2006, 03:15 PM
HighwaySpeed

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Silkk
^ Huh, I thought an Ion and 350z were racing. Now an enzo and mercedes SLR? I'm lost...

Hint...

I replied to widebody350's post!

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/special/enzo/
Old 11-13-2006, 03:24 PM
widebody350

[/QUOTE]The funniest thing is that I see Lambos and Ferraris and not a single one has ever been as dangerous as some of these EVOS and Civics. It's just called maturity. Eventually, you will get there.[/QUOTE] That is the statement that I was responding to. Not a single Ferrari has ever been as dangerous as some of these Evos and Civics? Hitting a telephone pole 4ft. up and splitting your $1.3million Enzo in half with the engine sliding a quarter mile down PCH is really safe, no danger there at all.
Old 11-13-2006, 03:42 PM
350zz053

Some of you people are a bit ridiculous.
A. It is the ladies responsibility to check for oncoming traffic. Regardless if they are coming at speeds of 70-80mph. Granted, the cars shouldnt be speeding, but an avg driver would not pull in front of two oncoming cars.
B. Those reports of the Z racing away from the carwash must be BS. Bc they are saying he pulled out of the car wash and was driving, but in order to get to the scene of the accident, its towards MD, and the cars involved were coming in from MD toward Newark. If you knew where the carwash was you would understand better.

It is ashame that the lady was killed. but people cant assume it was the racers fault. and people cant assume it was the ladies fault. With that, if the lady was 25 years younger, do you think she would of pulled out in front still? or maybe it was bc she was old? Who knows. I hope her family is ok
Old 11-13-2006, 03:59 PM
HighwaySpeed

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Black Duck
If the Z driver has no involvement then he should turn himself in.

Black Duck decides to drive away quickly from a car wash...

An Ion driver sees the 350Z, speeds up and flies by the 350Z as the Ion approaches a crest in the road...

A Mercedes driver wants to make a left turn, she looks once to the right, once to the left and proceeds to make the turn...

Black Duck has his radio playing loud, does not hear the impact of the 2 stranger's cars and continues on his way.

If Black Duck "turns himself in", Black Duck becomes Roast Duck.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A silver Nissan 350Z, with Maryland tags, [seen in the vicinity] of a fatal crash.

Investigators ["received information"] that the car was seen ["speeding away"] from the Newark Car Wash on Elkton Road, heading toward Casho Mill Road, prior to the 9:15 a.m. crash Saturday.

Authorities [believe] street racing [may] have been the cause of the collision.

“As you are going into Newark there is a slight hill so you can’t see cars that well.”

Last edited by HighwaySpeed; 11-13-2006 at 04:04 PM.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:35 PM
Tibbett

This truely is an unfortunate event as it cost the life of a woman and involved one of the guys who frequents our forums. I also want to thank those of you who know that IF the 350Z was involved he really needs to turn himself in..not doing so and being found would be much much worse for his health.

Also, unfortunately, this isn't the first Redline to be destroyed under these circumstances..and I'm sure it's not the first time a 350Z was (or is suspected to be) involved in a street racing accident.

About the Benz being indestructable though..as some people on my forums pointed out it looks like it might've been a previous chop job because the break is a clean cut..like it was welded together.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:50 PM
dbasal

Originally Posted by Ianmtx
Do you know anything about our legal system?
Yes. Street Racing is illegal. I know that for sure. I did correct myself though over using the word murder, vehicular homicide is the proper term. In all reality, the guy in the Saturn is in deeper sh&t unless there are several witnesses.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:59 PM
widebody350

Actually it seems like there was no race and the lady made an illegal turn? not sure of the illegal turn but from what I've read so far it doesn't even seem like there was a race at all. This would mean that the Ion was speeding and the lady made an illegal turn, which resulted in an accident. Since there were three traffic violations speeding(Ion), illegal turn(old lady) and failure to yeild(old lady) it would kind of seem that the blame now lies upon the deceased old lady. That being said the Ion driver will probably face Reckless driving if it is true that the old lady made an illegal turn.
Old 11-13-2006, 05:02 PM
Snake_bite

Lightbulb

not having been there and not really knowing the type of 350Z alledgedly involved, it doesn't seem far fetched that the Z was racing the Saturn ION. If it were a stock Z of any variety, that particular Saturn would have handed him his butt in a 1/4 mile run as can a lot of Ion Red Lines & Cobalt SS/SC could. AFAIK, stock 350Zs run in the low 14s in the high 90 mph zone. That Ion put down a 13.4 @ 105 in the 1/4, so don't be so pompus as to the possibility of a Z entering into a race with a "Saturn".
Now, if your talking all sorts of aftermarket stuff on a Z and a turbo and what not, that is a different story. I stated a STOCK 350Z can and should be beaten by a stage II Ion Red Line. End of mystery.
Old 11-13-2006, 05:05 PM
dbasal

Originally Posted by widebody350
Actually it seems like there was no race and the lady made an illegal turn? not sure of the illegal turn but from what I've read so far it doesn't even seem like there was a race at all. This would mean that the Ion was speeding and the lady made an illegal turn, which resulted in an accident. Since there were three traffic violations speeding(Ion), illegal turn(old lady) and failure to yeild(old lady) it would kind of seem that the blame now lies upon the deceased old lady. That being said the Ion driver will probably face Reckless driving if it is true that the old lady made an illegal turn.

Under New Jersey law, I believe he will face vehicular homicide. How fast would he have to be going to do what he did?
I also want to know how he survived this himself.
Attached Thumbnails 350z causing fatal crash in Delaware!-bilde.jpg  
Old 11-13-2006, 05:12 PM
widebody350

If the car was indeed welded together than it wouldn't take much for it to spilt like that. +1 BTW on that looking like a weld job b/c it's such a clean split. Ok he gets charged w/ vehicular homocide and it gets knocked down to reckless driving or involuntary manslaughter or w/e,as that will largely determine on how gung ho the prosecutor is and how good his attorney is. Also, you have to keep in mind that just because the old lady is now deceased it does not negate the fact that she is possibly the person truly at fault for this accident.

Quick Reply: 350z causing fatal crash in Delaware!