Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2003, 09:02 PM
raceboy
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by 9000RPMZ
U guys are stoopid F U C K S.
All I read was "bad taste" "rice" "ricey"
Get off your high horses. I swear everybody here thinks they are style and good taste gods.
Facts are, the Z iz a JAPANESE car and the JAPANESE automotive style differs from fat-american-super-large-extra-super-size style. Last time I checked Japan is at the forefront of automotive technology and style...(only 15% of population is overweight too).
We X and Y generation do not want to be associated with all you old people. in a matter of fact, we live for your dis-approval. You guys not liking our style makes us extremely happy!

The Z is ONLY a 26k car. That price tag is not far from a new CIVIC or RSX. If you fockers don't want to be associated with "RICE", buy a F U C K I N G Ford, Chevy, or Pontiac.

::flame suit now on::
Japanese are on the forefront of style? Step away from the pipe son. Ever see a Ferrari, or Lambo? You must have not heard of Italy.

People put lame body kits on Civics to try and trick themselves into thinking they are not driving the Civic. The Z stands on it's own.

Since you obviously hate America so much and love Japan, might be time to move.

Last edited by raceboy; 03-30-2003 at 09:21 PM.
Old 03-31-2003, 03:58 AM
Phi-1002-

A large portion of the 350Z's styling was shaped in the US. Not Japan. So, maybe California = style???
Old 03-31-2003, 11:39 AM
ZZtopp

U guys are stoopid F U C K S.
Get off your high horses. I swear everybody here thinks they are style and good taste gods.
Facts are, the Z iz a JAPANESE car and the JAPANESE automotive style differs from fat-american-super-large-extra-super-size style. Last time I checked Japan is at the forefront of automotive technology and style...(only 15% of population is overweight too).
We X and Y generation do not want to be associated with all you old people. in a matter of fact, we live for your dis-approval. You guys not liking our style makes us extremely happy!

The Z is ONLY a 26k car. That price tag is not far from a new CIVIC or RSX. If you fockers don't want to be associated with "RICE", buy a F U C K I N G Ford, Chevy, or Pontiac.

The arrogance and ignorance of the above post confirms the ridiculous and laughable vision of a typical riceboy: a nerd with a pathelogical desire to be noticed no matter what....even if that means driving a car that looks like a street corner popcorn cart.

I suppose "The Fast and the Furious" was a wet dream for these losers. They all want to be Vin Diesel, but in reality they're a lot closer to Pee Wee Herman.
Old 04-03-2003, 06:53 PM
3rdpower

Originally posted by ZZtopp
Good thing you're still high school....maybe you can stay after school to brush up on your spelling and grammar.
Hahaha... You're so wrong .... hahhaahahaa!!!

Old 04-03-2003, 07:01 PM
3rdpower

U guys are stoopid.

The Z is ONLY a 26k car. That price tag is not far from a new CIVIC or RSX. If you fockers don't want to be associated with "RICE", buy a Ford, Chevy, or Pontiac.

I noticed your Yellow Card there son...

I am a Gen X'er... there's such thing as going too far. I know this guy at work who drives a Jetta. He put a super charger in it - yellow window tint, gold front grill, and a nice "SUPERCHGED" German plate. Lowered with Gold race rims... it's rice.

EuroRice (guy is in his 40s by the way).

I know another guy who tricked out his Ford Stang and guess what? It's US Rice... Rice comes in every flavor. It's call over emphasized... too much of a good thing. I'm trying to walk that line with my Z right now. I want to put some things on it because well... they look pretty cool! I also want to keep it simple and subtle and NOT cross the line. Because, once you cross that line... and let me tell you - people do it OFTEN - you are dancing with the Rice God. Dancin' with the White Devil and you know what????!!! He's pumpin' ya up and saying, "MORE... MORE... MOREEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No... That huge spoiler is not too much! Don't have enough dinero?? PAINT IT YOURSELF KID! Heck, make it out of wood!! Just do it! We need to work on that *** dragging lowering project. Then there's that 20" 90lb rim project we need to work on... oh wait... we need the front wing to counteract the 90lb chrome..."

Okay, time to ease off the crack... Too much of a good thing is well, too much

Last edited by 3rdpower; 04-03-2003 at 07:10 PM.
Old 04-03-2003, 08:43 PM
rodH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Re: Re: Glad to see non-"ricers"

Originally posted by Rahtok
I'm with you -- i think that wings detract from the overall design. Believe it or not, it was one of the reasons I didn't want the track edition.
me too.
Old 04-03-2003, 08:46 PM
rodH

Originally posted by JoeAE2005
To me, bodykits are a way to make an otherwise normal car, look racy. By putting a body kit on a 350z, it's almost like saying that the original design wasn't good enough. Sorta like, it wasn't a sports car before, but NOW it is because i have this body kit on it. The 350z IS a sports car. It comes stock looking damn sexy. It's not a civic or a celica, it doesn't need a bodykit. That's my opinion anyway.

Most of the bodykits I see coming out for the 350z, with the exception of maybe ONE or two kits, make it looks like some sort of riced out celica.

And while i'm at it, it seems like most bodykits are attempting to achieve a common "uber-riced look". For example, two different model cars that have been riced out with bodykits end up looking strangely similar to each other...

I dunno, I say leave the 350z like it is. It already has a unique look, and it looks good!
AMEN!!!!!
Old 04-03-2003, 09:14 PM
rodH

btw, I just sold my 9.5 year old CIVIC a couple weeks ago, first guy (kid) that looked at it bought it, i treated like a ferarri (because to me it was "my ferarri"). I often got looks from kids in so cal, like they liked my car, BUT why did I leave it (the modding) "incomplete" (like running a bubblegum quality white body kit with bondo all over it, on a black car makes it "complete")..btw is it just me, or does EVERY honda with a body kit NEVER get painted unless it is in a car show?? It is like they ran out of $$$ (oh, and the stock 13" wheels with the hubcaps gone and a body kit, stickers, coffee can and altezza lights make it cool??)

I get get a good responce from a middle aged guy in his M3 with his hot wife, I overheard him saying (next to me at a light and talking to his wife "now that is a well done CIVIC")

here is my former baby. My 6 year old daughter even cried when the kid drove away, I have to admit I was a little sad too.
Attached Thumbnails Glad to see non-"ricers"-civic.jpg  
Old 04-03-2003, 11:46 PM
[Est.]

Originally posted by z461
I actually like the little spoiler too, I think the rear lines make the car look "buttless" and the little spoiler breaks up the expanse. I dunno, it's my opinion but lots of my friends think the non-spoiler models look kind of funny without the spoiler there.
I agree with you man. I had a E46 3 series which I put a E46 M3 style stock spoiler on, it wasn't much of a change but whoa it looked so much better. I wish there was actually a bigger change in the front bumper for the track Z tho, for sacrificing leather, heated seats and a better sound system.

my $0.02
Old 04-04-2003, 06:45 AM
Kraigman

It's much harder to BE original than it is to LOOK original.

I for one couldn't care less what other folks do to their cars, but I have to laugh at the 'attitude' that comes with all these non-functional mods. That moron in an earlier post is a perfect example of someone that proclaims his rebelliousness, exclaims his disdain for "old people." The stupidity of that post actually made me laugh out loud - I wonder what that clown will be spewing in 20 years - likely his disdain for younger folks and the "lack of respect they show for their elders." The truth is - "taste" is subjective. People that mod their cars are both young and old. Some people prefer mods for appearance; some for performance. I prefer mods that grant performance without detracting from appearance.

Ricey to me means an 'extreme' modification that is intended to look like it provides some functionality when in fact it does not - something flamboyant yet useless.

9000RPMZ - You had better do some growing up soon and gain some perspective. The unemployment lines are teaming with 'rebels.'

Last edited by Kraigman; 04-04-2003 at 06:56 AM.
Old 04-04-2003, 09:38 AM
fulltrunk

Default 19" rims

Originally posted by ares
but wings make mad downforce at speeds above 150mph and fart cans can increase the sound performance of your car.

owell whatever, their car, I mean on any other car, 19" rims would be considered rice... but tons of people have them now. they dont have any performance purpose... it all depends how strictly you use the term.
Why do you consider 19" rims rice? I grew up in Oakland, and spent a lot of time around a lot of Asian's who drove what many would consider "rice rockets" None of them however had 19" wheels. Some pretty ugly *** insignificant wings though. I have seen several pics of Z's with 19's and they look pretty tight. Its all in the wheels. If the wheels are classy (lowenhart,racinghart, Oz racing, etc) it can only add to the beauty of the car. Shitty wheels look bad no matter what size.
Old 04-04-2003, 11:20 AM
1200tt

i think this rice thing is out of hand.
Do I like nice wheels, big brakes that may never see the track, extra sticky tires that i will hardly get to take advantage of in gridlock traffic, body kits that will never be seen at a car show or on the track? YES

Some people are too much, the Z you see now is not designed how the Z designers would ultimatly envision the car. The car is what it is today due to economical, engineering, and mass market decision making. If you want a better idea of what the designers want, look at their concept cars. here is what the z would have looked like without those influences. It's far beyond ugly.

If you think of non functional athetics as rice then better go drive a go kart, or a F1 car.

A body kit or wheel may not be to everyone's liking, thats why they are aftermarket parts are sold seperatly from the car. They are for the individual owners to express themselves.
Old 04-04-2003, 11:51 AM
TonyZXT

This is VERY general, so therefor cannot be completely accurate, but it illustrates the point nicely.

There are basically 3 kinds of car guys:

Type 1: Purists who think that people should not mod at all or that only purely functional, and non wild looking "minimalist mods hould be done.

Type 2: Performance oriented people who love to mod their cars, but do it tastefully. They may do some of the more wild mods in the pursuit of performance, but again, within taste.

Type 3: Ricers plain and simple, Pep boys modders, Park bench wing, knock off wheels, unpainted kits, neon windshield-washers, mis-badged, over the top non functional no taste modders.

True car guys almost always fall in type 2, but some fall in type 1 (usually dealing with classic car guys here.) Type 2 want nothing to do with the type 3 morons. The problem is that Type 1s think that everybody but them is a type 3, thereby grouping type 2s in with type 3s who they can't stand. It's arogant, ignorant and closed minded as hell, and it's why this arguement will rage on and on and on........ Personally, some of the type 1s seem like they have a stick lodged firmly up,.... well you know. Harsh comment? Maybe, but it wouldn't need said if they didn't insist on pushing their opinions on the rest of us.
Old 04-04-2003, 12:18 PM
1200tt

Thumbs up

well said, i couldn't have said it better!
Old 04-04-2003, 04:36 PM
fulltrunk

Originally posted by TonyZXT
This is VERY general, so therefor cannot be completely accurate, but it illustrates the point nicely.

There are basically 3 kinds of car guys:

Type 1: Purists who think that people should not mod at all or that only purely functional, and non wild looking "minimalist mods hould be done.

Type 2: Performance oriented people who love to mod their cars, but do it tastefully. They may do some of the more wild mods in the pursuit of performance, but again, within taste.

Type 3: Ricers plain and simple, Pep boys modders, Park bench wing, knock off wheels, unpainted kits, neon windshield-washers, mis-badged, over the top non functional no taste modders.

True car guys almost always fall in type 2, but some fall in type 1 (usually dealing with classic car guys here.) Type 2 want nothing to do with the type 3 morons. The problem is that Type 1s think that everybody but them is a type 3, thereby grouping type 2s in with type 3s who they can't stand. It's arogant, ignorant and closed minded as hell, and it's why this arguement will rage on and on and on........ Personally, some of the type 1s seem like they have a stick lodged firmly up,.... well you know. Harsh comment? Maybe, but it wouldn't need said if they didn't insist on pushing their opinions on the rest of us.

Damn, I never thought about it like that. That is true as hell. If you spend the money to buy a new car you have the right to modify as much as your pocket can handle. However , everyone may not like it, but at the end of the day the car note only has one name on it. my .02
Old 04-05-2003, 07:17 AM
TonyZXT

Yup, when it gets so rediculous that you see someone call the stock aero package spoiler "ricey" (and yes that has happened on this site) you realize that some people are just complete mental midgets, and that you're never going to please everyone so why not just please yourself and $%@# them if they don't like it.
Old 04-05-2003, 10:34 AM
ainfante19
Banned

rice?

lol
Attached Thumbnails Glad to see non-"ricers"-civic-with-megaspoiler-stupid-ricers.jpg  
Old 04-05-2003, 11:14 AM
TriX

I guess I am a purist.

Nice Wheels, exhaust more interior mods turbo, intake etc.
Old 04-05-2003, 05:52 PM
TonyZXT

I agree with you trix, sounds like a descent list of mods, but watch out,... even tho you might not like rice, I'll bet there are plenty of people that will yell rice the second you mention one of those "interior mods" you mentioned, no matter how tasteful.

Oh, and BTW that pic of the wing up there IS NOT RICE,

Nah, J/K!!!! That's riceariffic!

Last edited by TonyZXT; 04-05-2003 at 05:55 PM.