lilaznxboi08

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dang gl
Old 01-20-2007, 04:48 AM
Z04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dsmboost
again, doesnt answer my question.

how does that not answer your question? you asked what the car was worth in its current condition, and that was a generous offer. personally you could make more money parting that thing out to those needing replacement parts, that is the parts that are not messed up.
Old 01-20-2007, 05:00 AM
D-RO

Dude that frame isnt "OK" I can see the apron damage from here. Deployed airbags? Not to knock you but the car isnt worth that much. Goodluck.
Old 01-20-2007, 05:28 AM
numberonegun

youre fcuked
Old 01-20-2007, 05:29 AM
VQLOVER

He already said one of the doors didn't shut right, but there isn't any frame damage? Yeah there's something bent.
Old 01-20-2007, 06:10 AM
reptile718

Any chance of you putting this Z on a lift and taking some shots? I am more interested in seeing what it looks like underneath. The exterior doesn't look that bad but you never know what kind of "hidden damages" could be lying underneath. Who did the repair work and do you have a list of the items replaced, fixed, etc.? Do you plan on selling it on this site if so I might be interested depending on price and condition.
Old 01-20-2007, 06:50 AM
z350boy
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IMO the problem simply stated is as follows:

(1) Based on pics posted:
-car HAS major damage to drivers side A pillar..repair cost unknown
- air bags HAVE been deployed - ENTIRE dash must be replaced..must be factored in total cost

(2) Value of this vehicle:
- any buyer will want to know accident history ; has MAJOR impact on final sale price
- what do people on THIS forum think its worth?? Review previous post

IMO:
- if sell the car as is you MAY get 7K for everything.
- To repair COULD cost as much as 15k to bring back to 100% condition
- max sale price restored MAY be 12k

YOU figure it out!!!

Last edited by z350boy; 01-20-2007 at 06:55 AM.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:21 AM
dsmboost

Originally Posted by z350boy
IMO:

- max sale price restored MAY be 12k

YOU figure it out!!!
Lol what a silly guess. I have 4 offers on the car already. Most of them want it in restored condition for 20k. And this is people who have personally seen the car in the condition. Any way most of the people's advice here was useless since they don't know anything about how the whole business works in general except for the fact they "know" the "value" of a 350z. But thanks to the people who gave some useful insight. And i'm not going to take anymore pics of the car (except for the person who PM'd me) since I have nothing to prove to anyone here. Mods can close those thread. I won't be back in here.

Last edited by dsmboost; 01-20-2007 at 11:29 AM.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:28 AM
dedmoonstears

Default new "dee dee dee" nominee

-dude i hope you win, im rootin for you.

"DEE DEE DEEEEEE"
Old 01-20-2007, 12:17 PM
modzs

Lol what a silly guess. I have 4 offers on the car already. Most of them want it in restored condition for 20k. And this is people who have personally seen the car in the condition. Any way most of the people's advice here was useless since they don't know anything about how the whole business works in general except for the fact they "know" the "value" of a 350z. But thanks to the people who gave some useful insight. And i'm not going to take anymore pics of the car (except for the person who PM'd me) since I have nothing to prove to anyone here. Mods can close those thread. I won't be back in here.
Hey bro you are shady as hell. There is something you aren't telling about the car. First you say there is NO frame damage, then you say there is a little. You have the fine makings of a scam artist.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:24 PM
06r33z

[QUOTE=RICHAZN]hahah i would not give you more than 1000 bucks for that car maybe 2000... you want to know why the windshield is cracked? it is because the drivers side a-pillar is bent ... when that car was in the accident... it had its top down... and i bet you are wondering why the top doesnt close right?....

you are kidding yourself if you think that 7000 will cover this damage... that a pillar alone will cost 5000 to fix... look an insurance company chose not to fix that car for a reason... and that reason is that it is not worth it... i feel bad for you because you got screwed... but you arent going to get anything out of it... let me list out some prices for you

a-pillar... 5000
windsheild ... 1000 for nissan glass 500 for ppg glass
front bumper ... 700
hood... 700
fenders... 2000
airbags... 3000
new front crash bar... 600
new front chassis... 900

total 14,900... that is more than 60 percent of the value of the car... car is/should have been TOTALED

talk to a GOOOD body shop... tell me whether or not that comes close... i am pretty sure it is

but hey... you can always part out the car... your car has a nice rear end...[/QwUOTE]
wow those are high numbers maybe way to high fenders 2000???? try 200 each side plus paint
Old 01-20-2007, 04:37 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

Jeez… Definitely a public lynching happening on this thread. I’m fairly new here (and of course have taken the abuse that any Freshman deserves and should expect)… but nothing even close to this. Now I see I have been very lucky, receiving minor scrapes and bruises for starting a lame thread. This guy was hung up and burned. Notice that even at least one of his supporter’s deleted his message. (Is it my imagination or did “Hraesvelg”s message suddenly disappear?)

Actually, I think he probably got what he deserved (misrepresented his intentions, changed his story, etc.). It is obvious from his pictures that the car cannot be repaired and should be rated as “totaled.”

1) As other people point out, the pillars are out of alignment (evidence is the obvious slope). It doesn’t appear that the car was rolled, so imagine the impact force required to do this type of damage.

2) Look at the second picture. The leading edge of the driver’s door has paint damage, and it is misaligned. Since he says the passenger door isn’t operating correctly, you can see that the body (isn’t it a uni-body instead of the frame that everyone is referring to?) has impact/twisting damage.

3) And… airbags deployed!

He says he can drive it, but I doubt he can drive it very far. Obviously he bought this thing, started doing some repairs, and soon realized it was a lost cause. I suspect he now realizes the mistake, and was only asking us if the car has any value (albeit he was presenting this falsely, as if it was actually a car you could buy and repair). Since he was quickly attacked, he went into “defense mode.” Almost everyone who posted told him he made a mistake. He wasn’t willing to admit that, and it got ugly for him. I think he was just trying to save face at that point.

What I don’t understand is why he seems unwilling to part-it-out as so many people posting here suggest. I would think he could easily recapture his investment doing this. I don’t know if we will ever know how this ends since he says he isn’t going to post to his thread again. --Spike
Old 01-20-2007, 04:53 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ecorona6
ship it to california and I will give you $4500. I will have that car up and running in 2 months with another $5k.
The car is not for sale. dsmboost said that.
Old 01-20-2007, 04:58 PM
davidv

Lightbulb

I won't be back in here.
Its your thread. You can lock it. Please do.
Old 01-20-2007, 05:44 PM
VQLOVER

You don't know anything about the business in general or you wouldn't have got ripped off on that car.
Old 01-20-2007, 06:07 PM
Sleeper01

wow thats all i can say is wow
Old 01-20-2007, 11:52 PM
dsmboost

Ok i'm back in here just for fun to clear up a few things for some of you:

1. About the frame damage - When i first described the problems with the car, my friend didn't tell me anything about the frame being damaged. It wasn't until later i asked him about it and then he mentioned to me the passenger side door doesnt close properly.

2. How much I payed for the car - I did not get ripped off at all, i paid $3500 for the car and $200 for auction and towing fees. It was a steal. Personally, I could care less about the damage if I fixed the car. I have 2 daily driven cars that were salvaged (hit pretty badly too) and i've had them for 3+ years with problems not related to the crash.

3. The a-pillar - You guys maybe right about this one; i looked at the pics again and noticed the slope but i think it could be just the angle of the pics. But i'm just going by what my buddy told me; i asked him to take a look at it over the phone and he said it's fine so i don't know. I'll have a look at it myself.

4. RICHAZN's cost estimates - Your prices are waaaay off. I already had an estimate for the cost of the parts. $700 for a bumper and hood each?? I can get my hands on both brand new for $140 each. $3000 for air bags? Try $600 (assuming i replace the steering wheel with aftermarket). Like i said before, my friend has discounts to dealer parts and aftermarket parts.

5. As far as driving - Ofcourse i didn't drive it very far...the car is wrecked! You expect me to drive around like that when there could *possibly* be other things wrong with it?

And as I stated earlier, the car is as good as sold already. The person who's interested came and looked at the car himself in it's current condition. How does that classify me as a scammer? You guys need to chill out just a little bit.

Last edited by dsmboost; 01-21-2007 at 12:16 AM.
Old 01-21-2007, 12:00 AM
dsmboost

Originally Posted by davidv
Its your thread. You can lock it. Please do.
exactly how do i do this?
Old 01-21-2007, 12:09 AM
davidv

exactly how do i do this?
I don't know. OMG this might go on forever!
Old 01-21-2007, 12:12 AM
dsmboost

Originally Posted by davidv
I don't know. OMG this might go on forever!
Awesome. As much as people think this is some sort of thread bashing, i don't see it that way at all. Just some constructive and unconstructive criticism is all it is. It's all good.

Last edited by dsmboost; 01-21-2007 at 12:15 AM.

Quick Reply: Wrecked 350z - what is it worth?